Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with me?????

Hi Guys,

My name is Choicemood, I've only been around a few weeks and this place is my second home. I'm still a bit lost of how some things work and i have posted a few threds, and read hundreds of inspiring posts. You guys are amazing.
    What is wrong with me is that I was nearly 2 months sober, got through christmas and new year & lots of functions and i did'nt drink.
    But now i have noticed i the last week or so i have had the odd beer or wine, then i went out for dinner and had a couple of wines, then i was away this weekend with friends and had lots to drink. I don't understand how things are slipping back. I take Campral and Naltrexone, I think about my AL problem every minute of the day, but something is dragging me back............. What is wrong with me ???????????????????????

Choice x

Hi Choicemood-

Fantastic on those sober 2 months - that is really a good chunk of AF time! I'm not a moderation candidate, so I may no be the best person to comment, but it sounds like you reintroduced the alcohol without a specific plan for how you would moderate ? Why not post on one of the mods threads and ask how those folks transitioned from AF to moderating? Sounds like something we all have to do really mindfully, it's just too easy/automatic to slip back into old patterns. Happens to me every time....

Either that, or go back to AF, if that's what you feel you need. Good luck - let us know ....

wonder xx

Comment

Nothing wrong, hun. You're human and you slipped. Now you know you don't want to drink....so get up, brush yourself off and get back on the wagon. Guilt isn't allowed. Chalk it up to part of the learning process. It's in the past, so screw it.

Today's a new day! Think of how you felt during those 2 months. You don't want to go through withdrawals again. Think of how proud you were and how much self esteem you had. You can get there again!! You can do it!!!

Good luck. Stay close, hun. We are here for you.

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

I've been here since April '07 & have had slips galore. My last ones occurred after over 100 days sober...I was pretty devastated. I've found that as I get more & more sober, I think less & less about drinking. I must have abstinence, because any odd drink here or there would trigger a binge. I come to MWO every day. I have to, because if I don't, I'll drink. I don't think I'll always be this way, but for now, I have to stay close by & read & post. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

nothing wrong at all! Forget it and start again, you can you know you can you knowyou can!

Comment

Thanks guys,

That is what i am doing this morning. Ive brushed myself off realised it was a slip and not the end of the world, i dont want to go through the withdrawal again and for 2 months i did feel fantastic. Soooo day 1 for me.

Choice x

Comment

Welcome Choice!

You have the right attitude!!!! Hang onto that feeling you had when you were sober for two months. It will get you right back on your AF track.

Glad you found us!

Comment

I would be lost without you guys

xxx

Comment

Working...
                X