Mon. - Feb. 4 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone: We had a nice superbowl get-together last night. I went to bed sober...felt good. I did have a few alcoholic thoughts but didn't follow up. Instead I had something to eat, & they seemed to go away. I'm really watching my thinking. Once I get into the planning stage (where, when, & how to drink), I'm half-way there, & that's not good. I'll check back later.

tkeene: I hope all is well w/you partner. Come to MWO & let me know what's happening. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

retteacher;266207 wrote: I'm really watching my thinking. Once I get into the planning stage (where, when, & how to drink), I'm half-way there, & that's not good.
    This is so true, Mary. Once you let your mind wander into the planning, it is almost done and I think it is harder to back out of it. When a thought hits, I think we need to figure out a diversionary tactic. I just wish I knew of some fail proof ones.

Mary, tkeene and all to come, please have a wonderful AF day.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

hats off to you mary great job.
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Morning all.

Super bowl was fun except, Pats losing :upset: . Had a wonderful dinner (clam boil w/ lobsters) at my Aunt and Uncle's house. Just us 3, but I poured a beer for my Uncle and as I was walking from the kitchen to the livingroom I was so tempted to have a sip. My first reaction was how good it smelled and wondering what would happen if I had just one sip. Then reality hit, and I thought, what are you f#$%ing nuts! It's not worth risking just to "see" what would happen. The fact that I considered it scares me a bit.

I think (not sure) I've discovered my reason for the past week's exhaustion. I felt it was getting harder for me to breath yesterday as the day went on. Thought it was aniexity over the game. Went to bed feeling ok. I work up this morning and I realize now the meaning of "hit me like a ton of bricks". I am very sick and don't know why. I guess my body was harboring something last week, until wham! today it decided to show it's ugly head. My chest feels like it has cinderblocks place on it and coughing hurts so bad it's bothering my back. Coughing also feels like my chest is on fire! My body aches all over.
        I can not get warm even though I'm on my 3rd cup of tea. I just don't get it. This is the second time I've been sick since being AF (day 40). My body can not still be flushing things out, can it? Well, I don't know anything anymore. I need to go back to bed. I'll check in later.

Love to all.

Love, Me
        :l
        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Thankful,

Oh, you poor baby!!

If this keeps up, please call the doctor. It could be pneumonia or bronchitis, both of which require medical treatment.

What is your temperature?

Take care!! :l

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi everyone

Back in AF land for the forseeable future. Had wine with my nice dinner out on Saturday night which I had planned for and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately that led to me having wine with dinner at home yesterday and a few glasses with hubby last night. It would be so easy to slip back into old ways but I dont intend to. Because I have not had a problem with social drinking or ever drank during the day, its too easy to kid myself into thinking everything is ok. Before long I would drink on my own and overdo it. AF today and starting lent on Wednesday so that will be 42 days AF. Taking it ODAT though.

You are right about the planning Mary, will have to think of some method of changing the thought process. I think Rational Recovery have a step by step programme to deal with the beast. I did it once before and must look it up again.

Rustop

Comment

Hi All,

Cindi, it's good to see you. How are you today? I've been thinking about you and your daughter and sending prayers and good vibes your way.

Mary, you've made a good point about planning. I had never thought of it that way before, but when I look back, I realize that I had planned all of my slips before! Maybe I hadn't done MUCH planning, but they were never completely impulsive either. Amazing.

tlrgs, I'm waving to you.

tkeene, it's good to see that your resolve is strong today. Keep up the good work!

Thankful, the good news is that you DID catch yourself, and Well Done on that! I'm with Cindi, I think you are really ill and need to see the doctor. This sounds like a serious upper respiratory illness.

Welcome back rustop. I can see how you want to nip things in the bud before they get out of control. Good for you!

I have some unexpected free time to day, and I'm going to use it to do some work that I didn't feel like doing over the weekend. So it's pretty much business as usual.

Hugs to all:l :l
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Morning, my friends!

Quick check in... I'm home waist deep in paperwork... aaagh!!!! But, it must be done. It has been weighing on me the past few weeks. I have a lot of prep to do for taxes, etc. So, getting this done will give me great relief. Then maybe I can get some sleep. I have been waking up at 3:30am, almost on the dot- no matter what time I go to sleep. DRIVING ME CRAZY! Anyway, I will figure it out...

Well, I made it to 30 days today-YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day... I will check in later... maybe after I get this done and a nap..

xoxoox

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

tkeene,

On the Calmes Forte, Tough In Texas says to let them dissolve under you tongue and they will work even better.

I get nothing from them but did it anyway.

However, between L-Tryptophan and 6 mg melatonin, I am sleeping well, no weird dream or anything, either.

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Everyone: I think we're all doing pretty well w/our lives. Cindi, I pray daily for Adrienne. tk, for me the rituals around drinking were almost addicting as the drinking itself...& that includes all the hiding, replacing, & disposing of bottles. When I think about all the energy I put into it all, I just feel so grateful that I'm not doing all that now. M
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X