yesterday,tomorrow,and today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are two days in every week about which we should not worry.two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.one of these days is yesterday with its mistakes and cares,its faults and blunders,its aches and pains.yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.all the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday.we cannot undo a single act we performed.we cannot erase a single word we said .yeserday is gone............the other day we should not worry about is tomorrow.with its possible adversities,its burdens,its large promise and poor performance.tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.tomorrow's sun will rise,either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds,but it will rise.until it does,we have no stake in tomorrow,for it is yet unborn........this just leaves only one day...today.any person can fight the battles of just one day .it is only when you and i add the burdens of those two awful eternity's-yesterday and tomorrow that we break down.it is not the experience of today that drives people mad. its is the remorse of bitterness for something which happened yesterday and the dread of what tomorrow may bring......let us therefore live but one day at a time.............................................. ...........................wrtten by;anita waid. i hope everyone likes this . it made me think and it so right
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

So does this mean we shouldn't prepare for the future? We shouldn't brace ourselves for tomorrow?

Comment

tlrgs,

I loved it ! This is perfect for those of us who do take it one day at a time in our....Battle of the Drink. This should be posted on the Daily ODAT Thread. Thanks !
      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

tlrgs
        As a huge believer in one day at a time, I just loved this...Thanks for sharing
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Miss October;266525 wrote: tlrgs,

I loved it ! This is perfect for those of us who do take it one day at a time in our....Battle of the Drink.
          This should be posted on the Daily ODAT Thread. Thanks !
          Very true, Ms. October... clearly I misinterpreted the message... DAY SIX TOMORROW!

Comment

Shikakai,

You're doing great :thumbs:
            Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

tlrgs,
              Thank you!! Great inspiration, great motivation to keep going - one day at a time. Thanks! S

Comment

Thank you... very though provoking.. I loved it!
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

this is a great post - I LOVE IT!!!!

Comment

Love it too, any more inspiring thoughts?

Lx
                    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

thanks i am glad you all like it...remember to have a great day and live it
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

me too

I love it too.............so much that I printed it out to pull out of my drawer here at work and read when things get too crazy.........:bonkers:

Thanks!!! ALOT!!!!!!!!:thanks: Good thought for life!!

MA:h
                        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
                        X