Anger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anger

Hello everyone, I stopped 2 weeks ago,cold turkey, and have been feeling terrific! Last nite though, I went to bed, and suddenly, it was as if somebody pulled a switch, I had the most utmost anger in my life, and all nite, paced and smoked cigarettes, really felt psycotic! and today, feel very anxious. Just maybe it could be pmt, and because i have been bottling up for so many years, half to a bottle of wine a nite, everything now feels so raw. i really would love some feedback as I just dont know what to do, maybe ride it out so to speak, thanks for reading x

Anger

Hi Pea and welcome. If you managed 2 weeks af, I would think it is a combination of withdrawal and pmt. I used to suffer pmt, then I started taking 1000mg of evening primrose. You have done so well to go 2 weeks. Perhaps the anger needs to be released have you tried excercise?. You will get through this, keep reading and posting.
    Best wishes Paula.

Comment

Anger

Thankyou Paula, yes I swim nearly everyday, funny thing though, a few days prior to this, I also had the urge to really shout, like someone with Tourettes?? Something definitely trying to get out. The trigger last nite to the anger? well we had a board meeting in the afternoon, and one of our new members, who I just cannot stand, she is the type who totally monpolizes the conversations, and you cant get a word in. So went to bed, and this meeting and her kept going round and round in my head, tried brainwave meditation with my headphones, a nice alpha, which usually sends me off...but it had the effect of 10 expressos.

Comment

Anger

Sounds like a normal reaction to everyday probs, but you did well to avoid Al. Don't let these people drive you back to it. You sound really strong. The swimming will really help to relax you. Have you got the book and the supplements, kuzdu is really helpful for me.
        Paula.

Comment

Anger

normal

Pea, sounds totally normal , there is something called PAWS (Post acute withdrawal syndrome) which happens after the acute phase (3-4 days after your last drink) and it will get better if you can just manage the stress, avoid caffeine, you are exercising so that is good..............just hang in there, and keep up the good work!!:goodjob:

Love and hugs!!!:h :l

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Anger

Pea - really don't know what it's called and don't think labels help anyway....but I remember just the same at that point....ride it out....my emotions started flying all over the place for a bit - as they would normally except with no alcohol to 'numb' them, we then start learning new ways of handling our lives...this girl has probably been p'ing you off for ages and now you're being honest!!

Look after yourself now and stand up for yourself rather than having that drink! (Well, in a little while....best not to stand up just now....let things settle a bit! I wish I had in some instances!!! Cringe!)

Love FMS xx
            :heart: c: :heart:
            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Anger

I have a PHD psychologist friend who suggested raw eggs. Write the person's name on it and throw them against a tree.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Anger

way I feel, I would probably miss the tree and hit someone,

Comment

Anger

Could it be the "time of the month"? I am the world's most charming, lovely, and even-tempered woman on earth ...UNTIL...those few days before IT strikes, and then, my family knows to batten down the hatches and run for cover. This is true with or without drinking---seems to make no difference. Just a thought?
                  Jane Jane

Comment

Anger

Pea

When I went AF last time, I was very angry for quite a while-my husband was shocked as he thought it was down to drinking and there I was stone cold sober shouting and screaming about everyone, including him! It went on for about a month I think-no chance of it being PMT that's long gone! Funny thing is, it's not happening to me this time round as I AF, maybe because I am in an altogether more secure and happier place.

Stay with this, try to see it as an interesting point in your journey, try to detach yourself and think about your anger objectively. It is not really a part of you, it will pass,you are just shedding a skin. Accept that it needs to happen, you don't really need to worry or analyse why it is happening. My thoughts, for what they are worth!

sweetest Pea
                    ride this out and you will feel fantastic in a while
                    promise!
                    :h Anna:h
                    IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
                    Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Anger

greeneyes;266751 wrote: I have a PHD psychologist friend who suggested raw eggs. Write the person's name on it and throw them against a tree.
                      love it, you know how many eggs I am gonna need?

hang in there pea, doing good this will pass, you are just purging
                      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Anger

I had a surge of mixed feelings around my 2 week AF mark. I was all over the map. Mainly anger...

This will pass. Ride it out and just be extra kind to yourself. Eat well, get some exercise into your routine, take your vitamins and get rest when you need it too.

Hang in there!

Comment

Anger

Pea

It could be PMT or it could may well be that you have not been drinking.

Well done on 2 weeks AF.

I remember my first week I was so angry, little things were just making me flip. My husband even asked me if it was time of the month and when I barked back at him, he told me that I should have some alcohol as I'm nasty without it!!

I have noticed that even now I have a very short fuse, but it could be the years of numbing my real emotions so I never really learnt how to deal with things that make me snap.

The way I overcome them is to have some time out and pamper myself. Doesn't have to be big things just like making a cup of tea ad having it away from everyone and other distractions.

Comment

Anger

One thing is, Pea.....of all the emotions, anger is the mover and changer....love is second....all the others are just static....things are changing and it's your energy showing.

Now the booze is out of the equation, you are changing, moving and shaking! Go with it! It's telling you things and looking after you.... Learn with it. Just choose (occasionally!!!) how to express it safely. Don't supress it - we're bu**ered if we do.

Go chuck those eggs!!!!

Love FMS xx
                            :heart: c: :heart:
                            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Anger

i feel you friend, i have been in the same situation and the worst enemy i have now is my anger, i keep singing this words whenever i start feeling that am getting worked up, "I MAKE A CHOICE NOT TO GET ANGRY" this simple words have worked magic for me a few days now, i also do try to avoid people alot myself and i move away when i get irritated and honestly what i have done due to my anger are things that a human being can never do them, make a choice all the time, nice for taking it out keep talking about the slitest thing which irritates you and you will make it.

Comment

Working...
                              X