Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to step it up....scared!

Hi all,

I have the supps, book, Cd's (haven't started them but croft has inspired me! :') )

Anyway I have been lurking and posting for a few weeks. My son is having oral surgery tomorrow...nothing major, pulling out two baby teeth on attaching bands to his braces on adult teeth to pull them down. Wont be pretty or fun and it is his first time being "put under" so that is scary. I have been drinking all the more lately because of my fears I guess. Hubby still not speaking to me, blah, blah, blah.

So my plan is to wake up tomorrow, take my morning supps and take him to the surgery. Hubby is coming too, should be interesting since he isn't really speaking to me, but we will be there for our son. He will be coming home tomorrow and I want (need) to be the good Mom nurse and be there for him through the weekend.

My goal then is to take tomorrow and go 14 days AF! That will be a first in I don't know how long. I am scared but need to do this for him and myself.

I know the first few days will be hard but then coming Monday when son is back in school it will even be harder. Maybe now isn't the right time, but it needs to be.

Sorry to ramble...just looking for support and love I guess. I am actually shaking alittle as I write this. Nerves get me all the time!

Thanks for listening,
    Bambi
    "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Hi and welcome i dont believe we have met yet...my thoughts will be with you and your son tomorrow...good luck....
    Jacqui xxx
    Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

Hey Bambi, wanna have a AF buddy? I'll go AF with you starting tomorrow if you'd like.

Comment

Bambi, you will be strong for your child. I know it! No matter if your hubby is speaking to you or not, your primary focus will be that of your son.

Sending you strength!

Comment

AFM and jacqui, Thanks for the kind words. I need and will be strong.

Hart, I would love to have a AF buddy! Want to go the 14 days with me? Two weeks is a start.....

Thanks,
          Bambi
          "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

You're on Bambi, tomorrow it is! I have my stepson coming this weekend and would love to have him spend it with a sober stepmother for once. It's been a long time since he's seen that. Hopefully Joe (my hubby) will go AF too, but if not, I have my AF buddy! :l

Comment

Hi Bambi
              Im so glad you have decided to give going alcohol free for a while. I wish you lots of luck and will be thnking of you
              Geordiegirl

Comment

Good luck, Bambi... I hope everything goes well with your child.

Comment

hi there.. bambi.go for it and try your best.good luck. take care of your son.oh good luck hart
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

bambi - you can do this. Take you supplements. I hope you have the Kudzu - it really does work. Take as much as the bottle says you can if you need to. We are all there for you!!!! Get on chat when you need to. Post everyday and let us know how you are doing. I want to hear from you. Dont worry about your husband for now. Worry about yourself and your son. Things will fall into place. But the most important thing for the next few days is to get through them AF. Stay with us!!!! We are there for you!!!

Comment

and dont forget that little deer in the woods. remember why your choose your name.

Comment

Hi Bambi: Hey i will go AF with you. i know how you are feeling. hope things go well for your son (I had braces too and had some horrible dental stuff done )
                        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Hi Bambi-
                          You sound determined and prepared. Way to go! I agree with what's been said - take your supps, drink lots of water, don't let yourself get too hungry, rest in between nursing duties. And post your buns off!!! The Kudzu and Glut are great in a pinch. And come here whenever you feel squirrely. We are with you all the way. You can definitely do it.

Good luck tomorrow with your son- and let us know how it went.
                          wonder xx

Comment

Wow, you guys are wonderful! Thanks for the support. I am so nervous, for both. I think my going AF tomorrow is helping me keep some of my mind off worrying for my son.

I am making him his favorite dinner tonight. Grilled Iowa pork chops, baked potatoes, salad and brussel sprouts! (yes, my kids love them...pan fry with bacon and onion, add some chicken broth. Yummo, Rachael Ray recipe!)

Still shaking and nerves going all over, but I can do this! He will be fine....

Love,
                            Bambi

Hart, your on...your stepson is going to love having you all to himself this weekend with out sharing you with AL. Think of the fun...my son will have to stay home all weekend too. I am planning on playing lots of games and watching movies cuddled up. You can do popcorn we will have to do the jelly bean jello things...I need to find the recipe for those! Hopefully your hubby will join us too..with the AF!

Comment

I love your avatar, Bambi... ah, the memories!

Comment

Working...
                              X