Lent and I just got My Topa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm brand new. Had decided to quit drinking for Lent (at least white wine). I drink about a bottle a night and more on occasion. Been unsuccessfull in attempts at long term abstinence or moderation. I had elevated liver studies and after 2 weeks and six weeks abstaining, the levels hadn't changed, so my Dr recommended I moderate and lose some weight. That was a year ago!

So now it is Lent I have the book, the tapes, the supplements and miraculously the Topa just arrived via post today (wasn't expecting it for a week or so). So I begin. I am hopeful that this holistic approach in combination with the support of this site will see me through.

Marycat,

So glad your topa arrived! Good for you for taking this step. I have read that "milk thistle" (one of the suggested supps) is good for the liver. You should take that if you aren't already. Three times a day I think.

Together we can all do this!
    Hugs,
    Bambi
    "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Welcome MaryCat, You've come to the right place. There are so many great people here that will help you through. It's great that you're taking all of the supps and Topomax. Those will really help too. Good luck on your first day! :welcome:
      It's personal, myself and I, we've got some straightening out to do. And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket but I've got to get a move on with my life.
      It's time to be a big girl now....

Comment

Marycat,

Good for you I have been taking my supplements, but haven't rec'd my Topa yet...hopefully next week. I didn't order the CD's either, so just the supps and will power so far! Good luck to you.

Sherrie

Comment

Hi i started a thread somewhere about Lent ..so i will join you for 40 days of no alcohol...Here we go on day one (for me its back to moderating at Easter if i can)
          Anybody else joining us..if so todays the day!!

Ash Wednesday!Just of to church hoping for some divine intervention!!

Regards Cassy

Comment

Hey Thanks for the welcome it is very good to be here! I too am hoping to go to moderation on Easter. Good luck to all of you. I will let you know how the Topa works. I am taking milk thistle for the liver.

Comment

Welcome and congrats on making this choice. It is working great for me!!! I started on Jan 18th and am doing soooo much better.

Good luck and stay with us! IT is a great group!!!!

Comment

:welcome: MaryCat!

Sounds like you have everything you need! Wishing you strength and support!

Comment

Today is my first day too

Starting on Ash Wednesday seemed to be significant for me too, although I have failed at giving up the juice of the grape many other lenten seasons. I am praying that this program really is all that it says it is........for all of us.

I did not get my suppliments or CD's yet, but I did take my first dose of Topa today. I have to be honest, I am scared to death to go into my kitchen.

Comment

Hey Mary Cat,

Congratulation on making your decision. I am pretty much like you 1 bottle a night and way more on weekends. I am now 5 day AF and feeling withdrawals but well worth it. I haven't been taking supps so i am guessing that they will relieve some fo the withdrawals i have been feeling i.e. tiredness, achy body etc.

Still with it, it will be SOOOOO worth it. I have lost about 3 kilos in 5 days - that is also with ajusting my diet

All the best
                    I am the author of my life.

Comment

tired and achy too

Didn't know tiredness and feeling achy were part of withdrawal symptoms. Definately feeling them tho. Congrats on the weight loss..a little too early for me. Thanks for the support.

Comment

I had the tiredness and achy feeling for a few days too, it seems to be going away now though and I am starting to feel like my energetic self. THANK GOD!

Stay with it. Go through it. You body will even out.

And, I am so not hungry. I feel like all I do is drink juice and take supplements. Living on powder packed in little plastic capsules. But man I am in charge of the AL consumption.

Comment

Working...
                        X