A Rambling Whine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Rambling Whine

Good Saturday Morning!! I haven't been writing lately, but have been reading here and there and am just so right now.

First of all July and others in the horrid weather zone hope you are ok. I've been thinking about you and hope you and yours are safe and well.

Next MM I am so, so sorry I missed your "official" 30 day celebration. I worked a long hard 12 hours that day, ate dinner and crawled into bed. Wonder, I saw on the general boards that you too have passed the 30 day mark, I'm so proud of you. I know the struggles both of you have gone through to get this far and know that you won't let your guard down. You both give so much to others at MWO and deserve only the very best for yourselves.

Cindi- I am so sorry to hear of your personal and family struggles right now and hope that you can find the right combination of support and medication to help you through.

Mary - Keep going, you know that your future holds wonderful things if you stay your course.

Deter- Hope you are feeling better. It sounds as if you had an absolutely horrible week.

tkeene- What a wonderful support you are to everyone here.

Lucky if you happen to fly by -quack.

Now its all about me. First clue-The best part of my week was the dentists appointment-gums are improving.

As you may or may not know I work in Maternal Child Health, usually in testing which is usually fairly low on the drama scale. Not right now drama up to about 8 out of 10 with the clear message "It really doesn't matter what the nurses who work in the department think or need or think is best for the patient, we're going to do it this way". Just swell!

Since my census has been slow, I've been picking up time in Labor and Delivery where the staffing has been abysmal for the last several months. More drama, low morale computerized charting that I struggle with constantly and hard physical work. I almost had to have a patient's father removed because he was in my face telling me he didn't care what the rules were, he was going to go in and she his daughter anytime he wanted...blah, blah, blah. Security happened to be standing there as I was talking to the guy and took him off the unit.

And just to add a little more fun to the mix, there is a plan in the works to change the way that ultrasounds are done in the testing room and I may be out of a job!

So fine, just fine. Thursday I have a day off. I'm going dig out my sewing machine and play around on it for awhile. Get the machine, get the notions. set everything up and--no feet for the sewing machine. I go back to the large storage area and am confronted with a wall of stuff, sewing, knitting, etc a frickin wall. And all I can think is "this is the consequence of all those years of drinking and eventually you're going to have to face it, but not today".

So there it is my rambling whine, believe it or not you've gotten the readers digest version.

However, I am fairly healthy, realatively sane(ish), can pay my bills, have a family and friends who love me and a community of people who will listen to my woes and sorrows without judgement.

I hope that we all have a safe and sober weekend.

Love and Peace
    Rob

A Rambling Whine

Rob,

Are you saying you can't switch over to something else besides the ultrasounds? Or you don't want to?

I sure hope things work out for you so that you land in a better place than where you are now!! :l

Please whine all you need. Abrupt changes in life can cause lots of anxiety, depression, etc and WE KNOW WHAT THAT CAN DO TO US!!

So, whine, b*tch, cry and whatever else you need to do.

We will be here.

Love you,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

A Rambling Whine

ROB!

I am always so happy to see you. You just let it all out, sister.. Do you have anymore in there... We are listening... Sounds like you need a bit of a break. Some YOU time. What is yoUr schedule like over the next week or so.. Can you have some down time?

Reading here is one thing, but you know how important it is to post. We are here for you. Don't let it bottle up inside.

Sounds like you need an Island Retreat...

Love you!!

MM
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

A Rambling Whine

Thanks guys, I feel better just having written it out.

Cindi- I'm just so frustrated and rattled right now, I don't have a clue what the best thing to do is.

MM--LOL, I've got the grass skirt, send me a cabanna boy!!

Comment

A Rambling Whine

ARRRIIBBBBAAAAAA!

Enjoy.. He is "paid" for the day..
          Attached files [img]/converted_files/427735=3058-attachment.jpg[/img]
          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

A Rambling Whine

ROB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! I miss you so much - think of you everyday.

Those work issues are a drag, litterally. It's never the actual work that bothers me or stresses me, it's all the people-related stress and drama that makes it such a drain. Why can't be people just act right? huh?!?!?!?! And sewing sounded like such a good idea, but......... foiled again Batman!!! :upset: :upset: :upset: (I've got the wall o' crafts too, but it's spread out - basement, garage, hall closet...... I'm getting there......)

I think we need an AFterparty at the Inn (NO work for you though!!!!). I miss our crew......

It just started to snow ..........

Big hugs-
            Wonder XXXX

Comment

A Rambling Whine

Island getaway !??! Can I help plan too? ............ let's see.......

I'll meet you there....... I'll be in the chair to the left...... virgin pina colada in hand...... you ladies ready for a swim?

Ahhhhhhh..................................

WW xx

Comment

A Rambling Whine

This all sounds good to me.

Welcome back, Rob. You've been missed!:l
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

A Rambling Whine

Rob - how lovely to hear from you!! I've been wondering how you were and hoping you were ok!

I so hope the job works out - grrrrr!

And the 'Wall-of-Craft'.....oh boy, do I have one of those too!!! And I've been meeting walls of things as I sort out cupboards too - spring cleaning?!? Good but tiring and scary! (Only found one little miniature of booze.....eeeeeeeeeek.....I could only reveal that here......horrible.....ugh....no more!!)

Wonder - that pic is going up as my screensaver! Wonderful!! Can we have our party there - pleeeze!?! Thank you! 'S'cold here tonight! (Not as cold as for some of you - I know I am lucky....)

Hugs all round and beeeg hug to you, Rob!!
                  FMS xx
                  :heart: c: :heart:
                  "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

A Rambling Whine

wow Wonderwold....great pic? where you on holiday there?
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

A Rambling Whine

only in my mind

Comment

A Rambling Whine

Ahhh Wonder, that looks wonderful! Reminds me of Cancun--only the drinks weren't virgin. It would be nice to sit on the beach sober though!

Hey, I've got the cabanna boy courtesy of MM but I'll be happy to share.

FMS - Sorry I overlooked you this am-brain fried. Small inroads in the wall o' stuff today.

tkeene- Actually, I did have a plan to drink after work last night. Not my usual stuff but something significant, a lager or amber bach to make it an "event". However, I decided to wait till I got home and talked to hubby as he has quit drinking in support. Anyway, by the time I got home, I was just to crazed and tired to have that conversation with hubby and then make a decision about a special beer and decided to hell with it. Just not worth the trouble. No great commitment to sobriety or wilpower there just plain old exhaustion but with that came the relization that if you don't act on the compulsion, over time it gets easier to deal with even in difficult circumstances.

I don't know if I could have managed so well if I had been newly sober.

Anyway, I'm heading down to the beach with Wonder and Kathy to drink some AF fruit concoctions to watch the moonlight on the waves and listen to steel drum band. Y'all come along.

Love and Peace
                        Rob

Comment

A Rambling Whine

Way to ride it out Rob. That's a victory hands down. :goodjob:

Now about that band........... :rockband:

What a lovely breeze...... ahhhh.......

Have a good night :l
                          wonder xx

Comment

A Rambling Whine

Rob,

Let's hear it for plain old exhaustion. At least it kept you on your chosen AF path. Sorry to hear about the frustrations w/ work. The cycle of work and stress has upset all of us as we strive for balance. Good for you to ride out the tide.

All is well now, after the nasty weather of last week in the wind blown mountains of Tennessee.

July

Day 199 AF

Comment

Working...
                            X