Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday in Oz

Hi all,
    Its 9:18am in sydney, australia on Sunday morning and yes I have got through my 2 biggest temptations Friday and Saturday. Thank god its Sunday!!! yes i had the urge to toddle off to the local bottle shop and pick up the usual bottle of red but something stronger within me said NO, so that make it 8 days AF.
    I really do feel like something is missing and being straight all weekend feels like i havent had a weekend - how twisted that a weekend doesnt feel like a weekend without booze. I know that will change as time goes on.

Flip thanks for the encouragement on chat last night... I needed to hear that you felt the same - It is a shock to be sober!!!

Thanks for your posts they surely did help me get through the last 8 days. I am looking forward to the challenge of the next 8 days.....the physically withdrawals are subsiding (thank god) what to expect next....dont know i guess ill just have to wait and see.

Love to all :h :thanks:
    I am the author of my life.

Sunday in Oz

Great post! I'm really happy for you. Bet you never thought you could do 8 days. Here's to the next.

Have a good Sunday.

Comment

Sunday in Oz

Looking for Hope: I'm happy to read you made it through the weekend and you have reached 8 days AF. It gets easier as time goes by. You are adjusting right now and are trying to break old habits. In time, you will make good use of your sobriety and won't feel as if you are missing out on anything. You are going to gain a lot more as you go AF. Old habits will be replaced with new ones. You will feel good about yourself and embrace the challanges each day brings you. -Reenie
      September 23, 2011

Comment

Sunday in Oz

hi there .. lookingforhope22. great job keep it up. you can do it . and yes it does get easier .
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Sunday in Oz

Hello from Melbourne

Hi looking, :goodjob: I love being AF but can?t seem to get past two weeks. Weekends are not a trigger for me, feeling overwhelmed is. So I have a cunning plan for no more benders. Making and following a plan really helps. Enjoy your Sunday, am at work and would love to run away, it?s a beautiful day and the sun is shining and I am not hung-over which makes it even more beautiful.
          Cheers
          Vic

Comment

Sunday in Oz

wow sunny in Melbourne and cloudy in Sydney he he.... victory what is your plan?

Thanks for your kind words
            I am the author of my life.

Comment

Sunday in Oz

Looking for hope... maybe you can change your name to FOUND IT!!!

Congrats. I know EXACTLY what you mean about feeling like you are cheating yourself out of the "weekend". There was a thread recently about grieving for "AL", and I think that is part of it. As our bodies get past the physical addiction, the mind starts playing tricks and creates a bunch of fond memories...

Now that the weekend's over, you can look forward to a clean week.... and next weekend, you'll have 13 or 14 days of resistance. It DOES get easier!

Happy Sunday!!! :l

Patty
              Tampa, FL

Comment

Sunday in Oz

A cunning plan especially for looking

Step 1) Make a list of all tasks which make my gut contract and do at least ONE per day, [baby steps, baby steps]
                Step 2) Make an after work plan such as cook something nice or pick up the iron and lose the crumpled look
                Step 3) Don?t pick up the first drink
                Told you it was a cunning plan :H
                But has worked before, can work again and may work for you looking

Comment

Sunday in Oz

Well done to you! Weekends straight and sober certianly are a shock to the system, I find they drag on and YES I feel I've missed something wonderful.....time will change that thought I'm sure and soon enough we will be relishing in how many things we actually do and enjoy on a weekend that drinking stopped us from doing before.
                  Wake me up low with a fever~Walking in a straight line~ Set me on fire in the evening~Everything will be fine~Waking up strong in the morning~Walking in a straight line~Lately I?m a desperate believer~But walking in a straight line

Comment

Sunday in Oz

Good job on your 8 days Looking. At first AF weekends do take some getting used to. Just stick with it though and get through them any way you can and you'll see that after awhile you'll settle into an AF routine. It does get easier!

Comment

Working...
                    X