Sun. - Feb. 10 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must counteract denial which creeps up slowly & sneakily: "Were you really all that bad?" Yes, I was that bad, & I must take the time to remember in specific detail some of my most hideous drinking episodes.
    -sprawled in the bathroom floor sick as a dog.
    -blacking out a whole family reunion.
    -etc. - the gorier the better.
    I don't do this to beat myself up. I do this to give myself a reality check. I cannot drink. When I do there are dire consequences. The romantic vision of myself having a nice convivial time w/wine is just a fantasy. I can't do that.

I hope all is well w/everyone here in 30 day abs-land. I'm doing fine. Pretty busy but trying to take some time for myself.

tk: You're doing great. I feel proud of you.
    Cindi: You can do this. Stay sober today.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

tk: You sound so happy...I can't get over it. You the inspiration now. No more hideous drinking episodes for me. I won't drink today at all.

Just came back from a super dog walk w/Buddy & my friend Sue & her dog. Great fun! It wouldn't be possible if I had a hangover. Yet another blessing of sobriety. M
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi Mary, tk and all to come,

Mary and tk, you both sound great today. I'm really glad for that.

Mary, I'm glad you do your "reality check" to counteract those "romantic" visions of drinking wine. And tk, it sounds like your sober life is going pretty well so far--lots of things to do, and lots of love as well.

Eeek! The wind just blew my storm door open, and it made a big crashing sound. Scared the cr*p out of me! I just went and locked it up tight (I hope I don't forget and walk through the glass the next time I go out).

As usual, I have papers to sort through, so I'll probably just watch all the politics shows on CNN and go through a week's worth of mail. Then on to billing, and etc. I know I'm stalling about it, and I feel so much better when I get it done. It just seems so never-ending. I wish I were more anal and compulsive.

Oh well, hugs to all!

:l :l
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Happy Sunday Ab-pals,

feeling a tad more human but still pretty braindead...just working the meds and supps.

Mary, the memories do help us. I tend to allow myself to forget for some reason so I must work on that.

TKeene, so glad you are having a ball....you are inspiring. Sadly I'll be travelling for work on Valentines...sniff.

YAH, sometimes the stay home and do paperwork days are a necessary evil. Ive got tons to catch up on after my last trip.

Decided I'll probably do antabuse only, then later switch to naltrexone. still reasearching the best route to take.

2nd day AF. doing better,
        be well friends
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello Absters,

Kathy, as always, your posts are so welcome. Your story always gives me great hope.

Mary and tkeene. You guys are doing great. Glad to hear it. Be happy.

Det. Know absolutely nothing about Antabuse other than what my son did with it, which is drink through it. Of course he was 18 and under court order. Please keep at least me posted on how you do on it? I know Morrison has done brilliantly on it.

I am just trying to get through the day 3 shakes and heart pounding stuff. Will get there, though. Grandkids kept me busy last night and still have granddaughter today.

Hubby still clueless about the physical symptoms I am going through. I guess I'll take a Librium today but hate to with a little one around.

At least the day is shining bright, though cold, and I am sober today.

I may take off for an AA meeting this afternoon. I think I could use some one on one today.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

You can get through this Cindi. If you have to take a Librium to quell the physical side effects of stopping, go ahead. I'm doing well but know I must keep my goal in my mind at all times. There's no alcohol in the house & that's helpful for me. Please check in tomorrow. Mary
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi, folks. Haven't been on much, still a little under the weather but getting better. Just wish this cough would go away as its been so draining.

There's a lot of hope in today's thread and I am happy to see it. There other day everyone sounded so down. I wish I had words to help. You all are so inspiring.

I was asked today if I gave up drinking for good and I was not sure of my answer. I said I never had intentions of quitting for good, but it spite of being sick (twice) I feel good about not drinking.

So...with that said, I guess I did quit for good, but can't really bring myself to say that out loud, you know?

Just wanted to check in. I'm so glad you are all well. Stay strong. Keep up the great work. ODAT.

Love, Me
              :l
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
              X