Tues Feb 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tues Feb 19

Happy Tuesday AB-fans far and wide. I'm up at an unholy hour to get to the airport and then off to sunny (actually forcasted rain) San Diego for work for 3 days. Be "seeing you" from the hotel tonight. Took my first antibuse yesterday to make sure I didn't have a funny reaction....all good so far happy to say. So drinking is simply not an option even if I feel tired/stressed/weak etc. One thing is for sure...waiting at airports sober is pretty boring! so I'm armed with some good reading material and hopefully they have internet there as well.
    hope you are all well today and have a successful and happy time.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Tues Feb 19

Good morning my AB friends!

Det~ have a great trip and stay in touch. I am glad you are taking Antibuse for now.. I took topamax for the first 30 days and I have to admit, I don't know if I could have done it without.. I am off now, but it really gave me that time to sort out the "non'drinker" aspects of my new life. I am very happy for you, Det. Really happy!

Have a wonderful AF day everyone. Today I will not drink....

namaste,

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Tues Feb 19

good morning!

Hey everyone in ABSVILLE, made it through day 1 without too much difficult, feels good..............glad you all welcomed me you your "ville"

Went to AA, hope it helps, not so cozy feelings yet, hope it gets better!?

Will keep in touch and check in every day..................everyone have a wonderful sober day!!!

love and hugs,:h :l

Mary Anne
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Tues Feb 19

Deter, MM, & CG: Hi to you. Everyone sounds great! Maryann, you're more than welcome here in absville. This thread has kept me going at my worst. I feel strong today & will not drink. My whole family is down w/the flu. I seemed to have resisted so far. I wonder if it's because I'm not drinking...ya think? Last year, at the height of my drinking I got the sickest I've been in years. I can see now how alcoholism compromises my immune system.

It's just so different & wonderful being sober & not worrying about when, where, & how I'll have my next drink. I'm only 19 days sober, but I feel very different. I know there's no alcohol in my system, & my brain isn't doing those awful gymnastics (I want it! I want it!) that lead me astray.

Deter, I've realized there are millions of people in the world who travel wo/drinking, who go through crisis wo/drinking, who are bored wo/drinking, etc. I'm going to be one of those. Because of doing all the nursing duty for the flu family, I've got a slight case of "cabin fever." That is not going to lead to a day w/the bottle (like in the past). Yesterday, I spent some time reading dog articles on the net & training my pup. It was fun & didn't lead to a hangover. It's amazing how creative I can be w/time when I'm not drunk.

Good luck today everybody.

Love, Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Tues Feb 19

Good morning Abbers!

First of all, let me say that I was so happy to see Macks and Vinophile back yesterday. And welcome back too, Cowgal! It is good to see people posting who haven't done so for a while. Please don't be strangers. Iam here for you through thick and thin. REALLY!

Deter, good luck with this trip. I'm glad that you have taken antabuse. If I had to travel a lot, I think I'd have to plan well to stay sober too. A good book sounds like a great idea--on the rare occasions that I travel, a book is my respite and defense against boredom. Sometimes I talk to people too, heaven help them!:H

It sounds like you are doing well, MM.

CowGal, you are always welcome in Absville, even if you slip, etc. Like in AA, all you need is a desire to become AF. People can stumble a great deal on this road. I sure know that I have. Congrats on getting through yesterday.

Mary, you are sounding just wonderful. Isn't it so much easier once you do quit? It think that building up to quitting is much worse. Even with the cabin fever, you sound so much more positive.

Anyway, it's off to work for me now. Ugh!

:l :l
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tues Feb 19

Afternoon to all before and those to come

Lovely sunny, cold day here, enjoying the sunshine, seems to uplift everyone, makes people smile!

Day 3 for me yesterday, working on day 4 today. Slept OK last night, hope this continues, because that was one of my "excuses" can't sleep without a drink. One of the side effects of AF, have discovered television after 9.30pm!!! Usually passed out by this time.

I won't drink today, and I will continue with this tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good AF Tuesday

Mary:l :h

ps Det hope your trip goes OK.

Comment

Tues Feb 19

Good morning, all. I love logging on when everyone is so positive and upbeat!! What a great way to start the day!

Det ~ good luck on your trip. I hope it's successful in more ways than one.

MM and Young ~ you always have the right words. You are treasures here.

Mary ~ sorry to hear everyone is sick. Take care of your self. You will reach your new 100 soon. Your determination is infectious! Good for you!

Cowgirl and Madisonmay ~ keep up the good work. You are on your way to being healthy and happy. You can do it!

My scary thoughts from Sun and Mon seem to be subsiding. I will try so hard to be positive and happy today. Just reading your posts has put me in a better mood. I love you guys!

Here's to all having a great Tuesday!!

Love, Me
              :l
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Tues Feb 19

Me: Thank you...my new 100...I like that.
                Mary: One of the main reasons I started drinking was because I'm not a good sleeper. Booze got me to sleep all right (it's called passing out), but I'd wake up multiple times during the night sweating w/my heart pounding. What kind of sleep is that? Worse than none at all. I'm finding now that my worst sober night's sleep is infinitely better than a drunk sleep.

Good Luck...I hope everyone is well.

Young: I so look forward to your posts.

Mary
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Tues Feb 19

Hello everyone..day 12 and felling great...the switch is definitely off....no more planning...when ?where ?why? how much? will i get enough? etc etc...i hope everyone has a wonderful day...will check in later...blessings and hugs...buckle

Comment

Tues Feb 19

Good evening all,

Day 2 here..I was debating wheather to put how many days i was on when i post..But i have come to the conclusion that i want to celerbrate each day..

Still shakey..But happy..And maybe even a little bit smug..I know i will get through tonight.:thumbysup:

Mr D, I hope you have a good trip.
                    Mary, we are also in the process of training a new pup..If you have any advice on getting them to poop outside, i am all ears..
                    Kathy, It was awesome to read how well you have done and Lisa and i have missed you lots.:l

Buckledown
                    Thankful
                    Madisonmay
                    Cowgal
                    MM

I hope you all are having a great day

Keep it up everyone

Love Macks:l
                    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Tues Feb 19

Hi Abbers

Have not posted in a while. I normally check in in the afternoon but the past week or so has been hectic. Have been AF since beginning of lent. Am not counting, just taking it ODAT. I am in the middle of a re-organising spree, being AF gives me so much more energy. Great to see everyone doing so well.

Rustop

Comment

Tues Feb 19

Det, good for you! I'm soooo proud of you, and for you! We have had the flu here too...I had it, thought I was over it, overdid it, got it again, or another kind, whatever, but it was/is awful!!!! Sorry I've missed so much! Anyway, great going everybody! Hope to catch up soon!
                        "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Tues Feb 19

Macks: Yes, celebrate every AF day. The number doesn't matter as much as your committment. Janet has rightfully said: "This is not a competition."

We got our pup from a shelter & was already toilet trained. Just take yours out multiple times...as much as possible. Then make a big fuss when he does it outside. Give him treats, praise, carry on about it. You could probably google in dog + house training & get plenty of great advice. I have a lot of sites in my favs that I go to for questions...AKC, Humane Soc., web-vet, etc.

Good Luck, Mary
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Tues Feb 19

Thanks for the advice Mary..I suppose its like anything...You gotta put in the work to get the reward...
                            Also i honestly wasnt thinking about compitition..I'm just really looking forward to getting up those first few rungs on the ladder..

LOL..As i was typing then the dog just pee'ed in the corner..Good timing or what..
                            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Tues Feb 19

:h :h :h
                              Ohhhhhhhhh Joy!
                              My Macks is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              It is so good to have you here!
                              Tell Lisa hello for me!
                              Love,
                              Nancy "Belle"
                              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment