Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat. March 8th

*Wake Up Abbers!*

Boy what a bunch of sleepy heads! Lots to do today, I hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
    Watch this and find out....
    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Sat. March 8th

Morning 4theboyz!!! Where is everyone?? Well, its a wet dreary day in England. No two days are the same at the moment and we're expecting big storms over the weekend.

Just read through yesterday's thread - Maasai and Paddy you really are an inspiration to us all and Determinator we need to celebrate your 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cindi I hope you are feeling better today - you really don't deserve what life is throwing at you at the moment, stay strong and stay with us Cindi. Jimmy know you had a bad night, hope you post today and realise how many people are on this journey with you, different paths, but same journey. Please stay with us Jimmy.

Day 11 today for me and a party tonight to go to!! Been on antibiotics this week so a good excuse. Going to have some time on the hypno this afternoon - they definitely make a difference!! Since Det mentioned something about "wine tasting like vinegar" I slotted that into my positive suggestions - and last night when my husband was pouring his wine, I just thought "Urgh!!". More vinegar thoughts this afternoon!!!

Have a happy sober Saturday everyone....

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Sat. March 8th

Hi Everyone, Day 8 for me. Cindi, I really hope you are feeling a bit better today. I know what a dark place you can get in with this. Remember it is really possible to get through this as impossible as it seems sometimes. I'm sending lots of positive prayers your way.
      Good luck at your party tonight Janice. I liked the vinegar thing too. When I drive by a liquor store now I envision the sign saying POISON STORE instead of liquor. It's so silly but it actually makes me stop and think how ridiculous it would be to acually but a bottle of poison and drink it for a few moments of feeling good. If it helps to get over that rush of craving i guess it's a good little trick for me. And in all reality alchohol is poison for me.
      Take Care everyone, Aquamarine
      NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
      AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Sat. March 8th

Hi Everyone: My g-sons are coming any minute...we'll be having them overnight. We're taking Buddy (our puppy) to a fund-raiser dog show at noon. It should be fun: 3 & 4 year old boys & a puppy. This is something I wouldn't have attempted if I was drinking. It would just be too much. Instead, I know it'll be a great memory for the g-sons & for us.

Aqua: I like Poison Store instead of Liquor Store. Actually, when you think about it, alcohol is a poison. Why else would we throw up & get headaches? I wouldn't drink rubbing alcohol or witch hazel. Anyhow, I feel better than I have in many a year...it's 36 or 37 AF for me...I'm not sure which.

Cindi: Do whatever you have to do to get back on track. You can then enjoy life so much more fully.

Everyone: I'm taking the good w/the bad. I'm working things out so that nothing is festering. If I have to apologize, I do so. If I have to air a conflict, I do that too. That's what people do when they've got their act together. That's what I want everyone to say about me: "She's really got her act together."

Someone: Please start this thread tomorrow. I probably won't be on it until later in the day.

Love, Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Sat. March 8th

yeah! it's Saturday ABworld!!

poison store. ahahahahaha love it.

Cindi? come on hon....fight fight fight. Let us help if we can ok?

Im feeling so good I think I will go to my martial arts class that I haven't been to in several months. which means I'll be typing with a limp this afternoon!

one of the things I love about being AF is that I'm not scared to have deep conversations with my dear Dx. we'll just be close on the couch or laying in bed and discuss very meaningful and emotional things in a calm and loving way. I'ts really great.

4thboyz, Aqua, Janice, Mary, so nice to see you this fine morning. I'm a left coaster so the only way I'll be starting the thread is for everyone to sleeps waaaaay in. LOL

be well friends and all to come......
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Sat. March 8th

I'm back from the gym.. tired but very happy managed to not hurt myself which is now my goal. funny the way things change with age. In my mind I'm still 18 so it's hard but I think I'm coming to terms with reality. Exercise really does the body wonders i tell ya...so energized and even exhilarated wooo hoooo!
            XXXXXXX everyone.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Sat. March 8th

Hello, fellow ABers. Well if tomorrow is anything like today, I will definately not be starting the thread. This was the 6th and last time today that I was going to attempt to log on!! So aggrevating. I hope they get these "glitches" fixed soon. Yesterday, I was booted of a couple of times also. Anyway.....someone mentioned poison.

That the magic word that's helped me stay sober. The more research I do on alcohol and the affects it has on us, the more I'm convinced it's poison. My family winces when I use that word to describe it, but oh well. That's exactly what it is. Been searching for an article, but I can not find it now. It stated that drinking alcohol is only one compound (not sure of the exact scientific word) away from being rubbing alcohol and two compounds away from being windshield wiper fluid!! That had turned me off so badly. I wished I would have read that years ago.

Now that I have passed on that cheery news, have a great night all! Good luck to all of you. Remember, waking up Monday without a hangover and knowing you did something worthwhile with your weekend is going to be very rewarding. You can do it!!

Love, Me
              :l
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Sat. March 8th

Good evening all-

I can now say I have had 4 AF days...amazing. I am a very happy person today. Went out for dinner to celebrate my upcoming birthday, and really enjoyed it, even without the drinks..and I will remember it tomorrow and wake up without the hangover.

Life is good.

Cindi...keep on trying...you can and will get this...Geez, you know how many years I couldn't find a way out. I know, only 4 days here, but I feel like with this new drug, I have a new lease on life...but it took me forever to find my path. You will too sweetie.

Well, my daughter is home from college for spring break, and all her friends are coming over...gonna have several here before the night is over. Nice to have so much noise.

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!!

With love,

Beth
                formerly known as bak310

Comment

Working...
                X