Monday- March 10- Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone, I don't think anyone has started this yet so I hope it's ok to go ahead and start. Day 10 for me- I think- I have actually lost count already, but I think that is a good sign because it is not occupying my every thought. Hope everyone is doing ok this morning
    or whatever time of day you are at. If you had a bad weekend and didn't stick to your goals remember to just try to keep moving forward. Although I am not completely where I would like to be I do feel like one very valuable thing I have learned in my 2 year journey is that whenever you slip back just pick yourself up and start over and you still will be making progress. I am proof that your brain and "soul" will continue to heal if you just keep on trying and don't look back. Hope maybe that helps someone out there . Aquamarine
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
    AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Hi Aqua and thanks for starting the thread today. Well done on Day 10.....I'm also having to get my fingers out and count how many days I've managed and like you say, its a good sign. The hardest part for me is actually getting started. I "need" a plan, commitment, discipline....I don't know what it is but when everything "clicks" and my head's in the right place I'm off and running. Trouble is, with this addiction....we always have to be on guard in case things "unclick". Thats the way it is.

I am really throwing myself back into the hypno cds....and I'm sure they have played a big part in getting me to day 13. I'm using them not just for the drinking...but for more confidence, more self-esteem and relaxation. I usually do them in bed and I'm having the best night's sleep!!!

Well have a great day everyone, its really wild here in England, very windy.....might have to snuggle in my "ham ock" this afternoon!!!!

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Aqua,

In my almost one year journey, I have slipped more often than I have suceeded.

Except for my period in rehab and a few weeks after.

However, I, too, keep trying and going a few days or a week here and there, which has been so much better than in the past when it was simply an everyday binge.

Except, and I must say this is important, one key ingredient seems to be missing, which is the total dedication to being sober no matter what.

I am working on that very hard, i.e. Don's "drinking is not an option," and hope that taking Antabuse for 6 months or so will help me "get it." I am praying for Antabuse when I see the shrink on Friday. Literally, I will beg.

I knew yesterday when I sat here depressed and almost crying about not being able to drink that I need big help and Antabuse will certainly be a weapon in that arsenal. As a weapon, it will only be a small piece, though. I must also address the underlying issues (besides the physical) that makes being completely blitzed preferable to be happy and sober.

Anyway, Sorry I rambled on so much about myself.

I hope All of my Abber friends have a wonderful Monday. I know I will be completely sober today!! (I am determined to stay sober until I see that shrink and get the Antabuse!! I want to start taking it right away..)

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Janice,

Sorry, cross posted. Hi!!!

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Janice- That is so true about being on gaurd for "unclicking" . It happens so unconsciously.
          That is just one more thing about this whole problem that I was completely clueless about.
          I would not drink for a period of time , feel great, and really think, yeah I'm fine, I can drink like everyone else now.I would do that over and over again. It has taken me this long, 2 years to have that sink in that hey maybe I really am not like everyone else and that no matter how good you feel you can not drink. It's a great thing to learn but I have to say it's kind of a sad and very humbling thing too.
          Cindi- Although I have never used Antabuse I can really see how that could help. It it gives you a period of time for your brain and body to heal I would think that could really help, especially if you are motivated to use it. Good luck with the doctor. Aquamarine
          NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
          AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Aqua, Cindi, Janice,

I think we all go through the same thought processes. For me, drinking now is not an option.

Here's something I read recently that I thought I'd share...It think we can all relate to it.

AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN 5 PARAGRAPHS...

I
            I walk down the street
            There is a deep hold in the sidewalk.
            I fall in.
            I am lost...I am helpless.
            It isn't my fault.
            It takes forever to find a way out.

II.
            I walk down the same street.
            There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
            I pretend I don't see it.
            I fall in again.
            I can't believe I am in the same place.
            But it isn't my fault.
            It still takes a long time to get out.

III
            I see it there.
            I still fall in...it's a habit.
            My eyes are open.
            I know where I am.
            It is my fault.
            I get out immediately

IV
            I walk around it.

V
            I walk down another street.

Enjoy another AF day everyone.
            Beck
            Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Hi All!

Day 6 here for me (on Anabuse). The "unclicking". I can sooo relate. I would be "clicked" EVERY day, and "unclick" Every day at around 4-5pm. I know I have to look at the issues underlying this beast, and have to learn tools to keep my head in the right place, but until I could get some real AF time under my belt, I was stuck at the starting gate.

Antabuse is literally saving my life. Cindi, I hope you read this!! I ordered some on-line (haven't taken the from that batch yet, still taking Rx pills) but if they don't harm me (God willing) and your doc does not give you a scrip...get em on-line. Really. Cindi I have been here 2 years and drank almost every day of it...all the while REALLY wanting to beat this thing.

Today is my 47th birthday, and I feel like I am just beginning a new lease on life. I am not tired, hungover, filled with shame. I am not running around gathering up the hidden bottles of wine or liquor to throw them out in some public garbage can. I am secure in the fact that I won't be planning a secret liqour run later this afternoon, and hiding in my closet to drink it so my family won't see. I will have a birthday dinner with my wonderful family and actually REMEMBER every bit of it tomorrow. I will go to sleep in my bed tonight, as I have the last several, FEELING my husbands arms around me, while he tenderly strokes my forehead. This is going to be the BEST birthday I have had in about 25years...

I gave all that up for what??? some short term stupid buzz that made me sick the next day.

Well, these are my wonderful thoughts this morning. Off to a wonderful day. No work today, and going out for lunch with a friend...

Happy, happy, happy.

I hope you are all having a great Monday too!!!

With love,

Beth
              formerly known as bak310

Comment

Happy hangover-free Monday ABworld!!!!

thanks for the kickstart Aqua

Janice, I also hypno at night and sleep like a rock...love the hypno

Cindi you WILL get your antabuse one way or another!!

Beck, I hadn't seen that in a while, such a great 'biography'

Lucy, you brought a tear to my eye dear! isn't it liberating? so nice!

Dx and I are off to the airport in a few minutes. so happy we are together and so happy we are totally and utterly happy.

be well friends and all to come
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

absville

Hey all!

Aqua, thanks for starting us out so positively!!Good job on the AF time, losing count that is alot of days!!? I make sure I mark my calendar every day, can't believe it is 22 today!!

Janice, you sound great, rounding the curve and catching up to me..............day 13, that is GREAT!!:wd:

Thanks Beck for the sidewalk analogy, that is great insight..................again, thanks, it means alot to us who have fallen into that hole so often..........

Cindy, sounds like you are determined, hope the antibuse helps you, use it, hey!!

Beth, you sound like it is working wonderfully for you.............I truly hope you have a happy birthday..........enjoy your sweet family and hubby!!:day6:

Det, have a safe trip!

love,:h

MA
                  :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

:Good morning, all. Congrats to everyone on their great progress. You're all so inspiring and encouraging. Happy Birthday, Lucy!

I'm happy I don't have a Monday morning hangover (had plenty of those ) but this NOT SLEEPING business is wearing on me. Good thing I live in the coffee capital of the world!

HAPPY MONDAY!
                    "We all have a better guide in ourselves, if we would attend to it, than any other person can be." Jane Austen

Comment

keep at it

Lefty, the sleep WILL come w/ time. I promise you that, keep at being AF, and you will be surprised at how well you sleep, and the wierd dreams were so vivid at first but they have subsided also...........

GOOD LUCK!!

Have you tried melatonin?? I take that if I have trouble sleeping, it is naturally occuring hormone in your body, so you might want to try that!!??

love,

MA

Comment

Yahooo!!!

I just heard from my doctor and liver enzymes are fine, I do have a vitamin D deficiency - gastric bypass issue - so that MEANS I CAN ASK FOR ANTABUSE ON FRIDAY!!!

I am so excited!!

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

YEAH!!

Alright Cindi, it looks like the antibuse has really helped Beth, and I hope it works so well for you too..........................HECK, use whatever tools you can get your hands on, the Campral has been priceless to me!

love,:h:l

MA

Comment

Cindi,

That is good news. I'm with Cowgal, whatever works for you.

All the best,
                            Beck
                            Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Hello, my fellow Abers!!

Seems like all are having a good day. Love to see that. :h

Aqua ~ Great way to start the day. Congrats on Day 10!!

Janice ~ Yes, I think "staying on guard" is a huge key to success. WTG on Day 13!

Cindi ~ Never apologize for talking about yourself. That's what we are here for. I'm so happy you finally got some good news!! Still praying for you girl. You just hang in there.
                              :huggy

Beck ~ Boy, that holds so true for struggling addictive personalities. That one is a keeper.

Beth ~ Happy Birthday!! I love how positive you sound! Enjoy your day. You deserve it!

Det ~ you and Dx have a safe and happy trip.

Cowgal ~ Day 22!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!

Lefty ~ The sleep issue will get better. What day are you on? Do you take any supps?
                              Don't give up the fight. You are winning.

I'm finally done with that antibiotic. Yippeee!! Day 75 here!! Hoping my supps arrive anyday now. I ordered a ton of stuff. Not looking for magic in these little pills, but it they are all natural herbs and vitamins so they certainly can't hurt. I really need to get some energy. Being able to take deep breaths again helps! :H

Hope all of you (and all to come) have a great afternoon and evening.

Love, Me
                              :l
                              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
                              X