Daily Thread - Tuesday March 11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everyone!!! Had a late night last night - I always do when my husband's away but was reading posts late then did some reading "Sober for Good" which is really motivating me. The "masters" say that to stay abstinent you have to have something else in your life to replace the alcohol - eg exercise. That's good cause today I'm off for my induction at the gym!!! Been and got myself some new trainers so I'm raring to go!!! It should definitely sort the old hormones out anyway!!! Looking forward to doing some regular exercise, a new habit maybe??

Finished off my night with a little bit of hypno from James but must have fell asleep very early on......I read somewhere that's okay??

Hope everyone is okay - Cindi, I was pleased about your liver enzyme results!!! Staying positive is really important in staying sober and that is positive news!!!

Have a great positive, determined, sober day everyone.

love Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Janice, Thanks for starting the thread this morning and it is great to hear you sounding so positive!!

Exercise is definitely part of the MWO plan, the xTexan plan, and the plans for many who have successfully abstained that I know and have talked to. I truly believe one of the reasons MWO works IS the supplements and the exercise. Both are integral.

Good on you for getting yourself on that path!! as an aside, as we get older, us girls, exercise is very good, especially weight bearing, to help keep osteoporosis at bay. So you get to kill two birds with one stone, as the saying goes!!

Mary - where are you? I am worried. Haven't heard or seen from you in a bit. Know that we care about you and love you. Hope the grandsons haven't worn you out completely!!

Beth - Yes, I am reading everything you write!! I am so nervous and thrilled about being able to start the Antabuse. I wish the darn doctor had an appt available earlier this week!!

I am still AF and on day 4 today. I will make it until Friday at which point I will be able to start the Antabuse and know I simply cannot drink. Whew!! Gotta convince this brain it is a no brainer.

Lefty, you are getting closer and closer. How many more days before Schick? I'll bet you are so ready for that!!

Det and Dx - So glad you met up with Morrison and P4 in Vegas. How much fun is that??

Pan - Here is to your first day AF!! Expect a bit of a wild ride the first week but hang on it gets better!!

Thankful - Glad you are off the antibiotics finally. Those things always mess with my innards. Ick. Hopefully you are all mended now and ready for some fun.

Beck - Your post was nice and I truly appreciate your support. Some of my family think I am crazy to embark on the Antabuse. They just don't understand.

Aqua - Yep, like you, I just keep picking myself back up and trying again. You are now past the physical part and from here on out ready to take it on!! Good on you.

Mary Anne - Your AF time is great, too. You have struggled just like me and are an inspiration.

Anyone else, please know I did not mean to forget you. Our little group is growing and getting stronger every day!! I love it.

Have a wonderful, blessed day today, everyone!!

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Happy thank-God-it's-not-Monday!

My wish is for everyone to enjoy an AF day filled with positive thoughts and self-nurturing.

Love to all.
      - Masq
      Courage is fear that has said its prayers. - Karl Barth
      :wings: :huggy

Comment

Hi Everyone, Day 10 and feeling pretty good. Janice- exercise definately seems like it would be a huge help to this whole process. My goal is always to get a serious program going- just haven't done it. Like everyone's lives my days are so busy, but the key is to
        make it a priority. That is one of the reasons it seems like alot of people here, myself included , have gotten to this point- they take care of everyone else but themselves. I never really bought into that but I'm starting to realize that it is really true.
        Cindi- Good job staying AF without the antabuse. Hope Friday comes quick for you.
        Hi Masquerade . Hope everyone is able to stick to their goal today and have a positive one.
        Aquamarine
        NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
        AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Hi Everyone: I couldn't get onto the internet yesterday AM, & by the time my husband fixed it, the day had gotten away from me. I'm sober & well. It's amazing how important MWO is to my sobriety. I really need to touch bases every day. Last night I did read yesterday's thread all the way through, & there was so much there. I really see a lot of recovery here.

Last night I went to an alanon meeting, & an AA person spoke. She was sober for 8 years, & I was struck by the lengths she was willing to go to guard her sobriety (especially in the beginning). I really needed to hear that talk. I absolutely need to renew my conviction to be AF every single day.

Today:
          -I will not drink.
          -I will clear up any issues that might lead to a drink.
          -I will not consider a drink a remote possibility.

Take care everyone. I love you all. MWO is responsible for my 40 days AF. Thank you so much.

Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary,

So glad you could get back in today. I hate it when I am unable to log into MWO and stay inspired.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi everbody, hope you are all well. I went to the dentist yesterday and she gave me antibiotics
              for an infection, I must be improving because I would have used toothache as an excuse to drink
              at any other time, but I didn't. Good luck with the antabuse Cindi, but do be careful, as the tiniest
              drop of alcohol will make you ill, but I'm sure you have all the proe's and cons.
              Have a good day everyone.
              Love Paula.

Comment

Day 23 Rockin' and Rollin'

Great to see all the bright sunny faces so early today what a great way to start the day. Thanks Janice for kick starting a great thread today. Enjoy your day everyone!
                Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                Watch this and find out....
                http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

hey all!

good morning everyone! Hanging in there at day 23.....................had a rough evening last night and am trying to stay positive today, but have that lingering doubt that AL is gonna keep persisting in bothering me...............

Janice, thanks for starting out the thread today, great to substitute exercise for AL, sorta what I am doing, and didn't get to gym last evening..............WOW, maybe that is why I craved it so bad!!??

Cindi, you sound soooooooooo positive, glad I am an inspiration, will try to keep it up for a while, when the going gets tough, I will try to hang in there, promise!! You are helping me!! THANKS!!:thanks:

Masquerade, good to see you again, Aquamarine, HI and good to see you again today, you sound positive!

Paula, good to see you around too!

Mary GLAD you are back, I love your posts, they are so helpful!!! THANKS!!!

4theboyz!!! GO 23 days, I am right w/ ya buddy!!! Stick w/ it, and I will too!!

love you guys!!!:h

MA
                  :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Paula: I had all kinds of excuses to drink too, including a toothache. Maybe, that's why I have so many triggers. I think every time we pass up those excuses to drink, we are rewiring our brain. We're gaining the confidence to go it alone wo/alcohol.

Cindi: Come to MWO as many times as you need to. I've had times when I've been here a lot. I can understand your insistence upon Antabuse. It'll give you the distance you need to resist alcohol's grip.

Yes, I too feel that ignoring our own needs can lead us astray regarding our drinking. I am trying to take some time every day...even just for a cup of tea to check in w/myself & make sure I'm OK emotionally.

I'll check back later.

Mary
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi All,

A quick early check in for me for a change....

Thanks for starting the thread, Janice. Good for you for starting with the exercise. I just joined a small gym with limited membership, so I'll try and get started with you. It's so important, but so hard to fit into the schedule, at least for me.

Cindi, you are sounding good. Happy day 4! You're gonna make it!

Hi Masquerade! Have a great day.

Hi Aquamarine. Ditto with you on the exercise thing and our not taking care of ourselves. I hope you can get an exercise thing going, too.

Mary, we all miss you so much, even if you are just gone a day or two. I'm glad to see you back again and still full of spunk. Happy 40 days!

It's good to see you Paula. I'm glad you chose antibiotics over drinking. I'm sure your teeth appreciate it too.

I've gotta get ready for work now. Don't I say that everytime I wind up a post? At least I have an easy day today, so there will be lots of time to catch up on other things.

Anyone out there starting to feel anxious about the ecomony in the US? I am starting to feel that way. It's a little scary.

Anyway, it's a good reason to stay sober, at least, and not be spending all that $$ on booze.

Cowgal and 4theboyz, we were cross-posting--sorry I didn't say hi, so HI!

:l :l
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Good Morning all,

Regarding replacing alcohol with exercise...After I hit day 30 AF I began to get more serious about exercise. The way I see it AL causes a downward spiral and exercise creates a positive upward spiral. The more you do it the better things get and the more routine it becomes.

Janice, thanks for starting us off.

Cowgal, glad you made it through a rough night. You have come so far.

Cindi, really impressed that you have gone AF before the meds ( I'm afraid I would have used that as an excuse to drink until Friday.).

Day 37 for me.

Enjoy another AF day everyone.
                        Beck
                        Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Aqua, its so true that our own needs come last and we are left with all the stuff that life throws at us and, what do we do? Drink! I'm realising now that to get through all my "stuff" I need to separate it from the drinking. The drink will not make my problems any easier, I know that. I'm learning that somehow I need to deal with all my emotions - depression, sadness, anger, bitterness, loneliness - without alcohol and one of the ways is giving myself some "me" time.

That "me" time is part of my recovery and I'm in a bit of a dilemma at the moment cause work want me to increase my hours after Easter to work with another little boy. I know it would be good for me and would be less time for me to think about drinking, and all the issues in my life but on the other hand...I'm worried that I won't cope and my "me" time will disappear! Oh dear, thats a negative emotion!! Anyway, just me rambling - going to think about it over the next few days.

love and best wishes

Janicexxx
                          AF since 9 May 2012
                          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Heya Abland!!! wow, what a fun night last night with Prest4time and Morrison. Sorry i don't have much time to extrapolate just yet as I've got a work meeting....but don'tcha worry....gory details to follow

AF and happy in Vegas! woooooooo!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi All: I'm back. It seems Aqua started something in talking about time for ourselves. It really is so easy (especially for us women...though I know it's not exculsive to our gender) to give away our time & energy to any & everyone who asks. Now that I'm retired, I can't use my career as an excuse. I especially love being w/the g-sons, but I have to put boundaries around the time I spend w/them. Otherwise, it would be too much for me. Today, I had one or both of them from 8:30 AM until 1:00 PM. That's a long time for an older person to be in the company of 3 & 4 year olds.

Tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I have the whole day to myself. I'm looking forward to that & will get my house in order. My husband & I are going out for a very nice dinner.

I'm just so grateful to be sober & thinking about these types of issues. In my drinking days, I was pretty much on auto pilot: rushing, drinking, recovering, rushing again, drinking again, etc. ad infinitum. Most of my thinking went into when, where, & how I would have my next binge.

I must admit that the longer I am from my last drink, the more I realize what my responsibilities are regarding staying sober. Dealing w/life's emotions (Janice made a great list of them) & all life's ups & downs is why I fell into alcoholism in the first place. Now, the real work of living begins.

Thanks for listening everyone. I love you all, Mary
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X