My Kudzu Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Kudzu Story

I am a flipping idiot. Two days after finding this site, I went 30 days AF. During this time it was pretty easy because I had two weeks off of work and I could focus all of my attention on taking the million and one pills a day.
    After the 30 days, my goal was to be AF 95% of the year, so I took the advice of what I read on the boards that just taking the Kudzu when the cravings hit. This was not working, so I upped the Kudzu. Still did nothing for me. So when I ran out, I did not buy any more.
    Why did it work so well the first 30 days and now all of a sudden it wasn't? Was I more dedicated and serious before? I couldn't figure it out.
    Although I am drinking 1/3 of what I did before I came here, I am not going to reach my goal if I do not put some serious AF time under my belt. So I decided to give Kudzu another shot today.............and this is when I realized my big boo-boo. The second time I bought Kudzu, it was not the same one as the first because I had gone to a different store.
    That was not really the problem though. The problem was that the first one was 750mg, and the second one was only 150mg. Ok, I think I am bright enough to figure out that I was originally taking 4500mg, but then I was only taking 300-600mg a day. Uh..no shit Sherlock, no wonder it wasn't working; you're an alcoholic, not a rabbit.
    So, I guess I am going to give this a good shot. I have the next 10 days off so I should be able to commit to taking all of my supps.

Thanks for letting me share.
    Lee
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

My Kudzu Story

Hey Lee - first off, WOW on the 30 days right out of the gate! Keep in mind - you did it before you will do it again.
    Just wanted to say that many members here have reported that L-Glut is much more effective for them in curbing cravings than Kudzu. I've seen people write that Kudzu helps with drinking less (sometimes due to it making them inebriated more quickly). So you might want to add l-glut to your regimine, if you're not doing it already.
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

My Kudzu Story

Luka, that stinks. Life's a bitch, eh?

Glad you solved the mystery. That's a plus!

Hang tough. You can do it!

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

My Kudzu Story

IMHO the only Kudzu to take is the one sold here. You will not find one anywhere else that matches the levels that were used in clinical trials. It is great stuff and taken along with l-glutamine it can really help take away the cravings.

Congrats on all of the AF days. Awesome!!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

My Kudzu Story

Great detective work, lee! The Amino Acids from MWO are great too. I think they really help putting back all the shit we've depleted from our brains from drinking years on end. And when you have a happy brain, you have a happy liver.

WELL DONE on 30 DAYS AF!!

Comment

My Kudzu Story

The kudzu I bought from a health food store worked for me... so it's a bit unfair to say only the ones from here work...when others on here might not have a credit card to buy online.

I don't want others to be put off getting it if they can't buy it online.

Regards
            Heavenly
            ?We are one another's angels?
            Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

My Kudzu Story

well, my experience is that the MWO kudzu works, and the others I tried didn't. But of course, as Heavenly says, don't be put off by that. But I will mention also that since the MWO stuff is so potent, it actually ends up to be cheaper than anything else I have found.

Also, as soccermom says, amino acids help a lot, as does eating well and taking lots of supps. I feel so good now, a bit over 2 weeks AF, and finally eating well and keeping my supp regime (which includes amino acids and enzymes and herbs and what-not) religiously, that I really have had no cravings... yet anyway.

Luka, I only take kudzu on an as-need basis (which hasn't even happened yet this time round) because I think you develop a tolerance to it. That might be what happened to you..
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

My Kudzu Story

I too had great results with the Kudzu that I purchased through MWO. I wanted to use the exact formula that had been used in the clinical trials.

A word of caution about supplements in general. Supplements are virtually unregulated by the FDA or any other watch dog organization. There is truly no guarantee of any sort that you are getting what you think you are. It truly is important to do your research when it comes to purchasing supplements. Health food stores like Whole Foods and others whose reputation lies in the quality of the products they sell can be a good starting place for your research.

I do trust RJ and the store here. RJ has done and continues to do her research. I also believe that one can purchase from this site with a check by phone. I agree, no one should do without supps due to a credit card. But, if buying elsewhere, do your homework, buy for quality and not just price, you might not be getting what you think you are!

KH
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

My Kudzu Story

and here's my Kudzu Story

Hi Lukalee,

That's awesome that you did 30 days right off the bat. Amazing......sure wish I could have done that.

I started Kudzu about 4 weeks ago for the first time which I ordered from this site. I only was taking 3 a day....one with breakfast, lunch & dinner. It did not work for me I guess because I was not taking enough. But after 3 weeks, it started "repeating" on me, and I could not stand the taste that was coming up.....I know disgusting :yuk: So anyway to cure the bad taste, I washed it down with a bottle of wine 2 nights in a row and that worked....hmm...what's wrong with that picture ? So I have decided no more Kudzu for me.

Actually, any kind of vitamin capsule also repeats on me, so now I only take liquid vitamins and that works great. Anyway, I'm sticking with the L-Glut. I like to believe that it works and it's good for your muscles too.
                  Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

My Kudzu Story

Initially I bought kudzu from this site and it didn't work for me. Then I added L-Glut and the two together worked great! Unfortunately when I ran out I decided to buy from another site and I'm not getting the same results. It was a waste of money because now I am purchasing the MWO kudzu and L-glut.

Comment

My Kudzu Story

Yep, the kudzu from MWO is the very best. Live and learn, eh Scorpio?
                      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

My Kudzu Story

definately!

Comment

My Kudzu Story

Ih ave been taking 2 L-Glut per day and then 2 or 3 kudzu in the late afternoon when i start thinking about that drink after work. Both have really helped curb the cravings, I probably should be taking 3 L-Gluts per day and 1 or 2 more kudzu to see how that works...I have found that I have cut down substantially in my AL consumption and it is even later in the evening rather then when I get home. I find I tend to drink more if i am bored, stressed, depressed or alone.....last night was one of those nights when it was only me home (with the doggies and kitties) but i was able to contain my drinks to only a few glasses of wine......out on the deck around 7 p.m. in the gorgeous weather we had....feeling the need for kudzu now though with the thought of HH coming not too soon.......

Comment

My Kudzu Story

yes im new here, hello everyone, advice needed....
                            would kudzu interact with medications such as anti seizures? and how would you know?
                            thanks

Comment

My Kudzu Story

You should probably ask the doctor, but it would seem to me that it wouldn't interfere, because isn't that what Topamax is? Anti-seizure medication? And if we have all taken the kudzu with Topamax, I would THINK that it would be perfectly safe. But to be sure, do ask the doctor...
                              Anne

Comment

Working...
                              X