Saturday - March 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday - March 15th

Wow! Another AF Saturday morning feeling great! Hope everyone to follow continues to have a great day. Saw a lot of positive attitudes this past week, let's keep it going!!
    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
    Watch this and find out....
    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Saturday - March 15th

4: I'm still kind of wound up about my son getting a DUI, but that's not going to induce me to drink. I know I'll handle this much, much better sober. This is actually his problem, because he's 38 years old & in charge of his own life. Hopefully, it's a wake-up call.

I have a family get-together tomorrow, but there will only be beer there (which isn't a big temptation for me). I'll enjoy myself sober instead of checking out early the way I used to.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Saturday - March 15th

Hi guys.

Can't type much, this drug they gave me has me really messed up.

It is only for a few days, though, and I go down in dosage after two days.

Just wanted to check in.

Start the Antabuse Monday.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Saturday - March 15th

Dear Cindi -
        I have been keeping you in my positive thoughts and prayers.
        You can do this, Girlie!! I am so proud for the steps you have taken in gaining control.

Happy Saturday to ALL.
        Love,
        Masq
        Courage is fear that has said its prayers. - Karl Barth
        :wings: :huggy

Comment

Saturday - March 15th

Hi Everyone, Day 14 for me. Hopefully can maintain over the weekend, think I can. Mary hope you stay strong with whats happened with your son. I think you will! Just think how much better you can support him if you are not drinking. Hi 4TheBoyz,Cindi,Masquerade- hope everyone has a uplifting weekend. Aquamarine
          NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
          AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Saturday - March 15th

Good morning! (well, morning in this time zone anyway!!)

4theboyz - I love the power of positive thinking. Sometimes it's easy to chose to just wallow in....well, whatever I can find to have a Pity Party about. But that doesn't lead to much success with this AF project! So I sure appreciate your observation.

Mary! - you sound like you have a good perspective on your son's DUI - even though I'm sure it's stressful. LOL - we share so much in common in terms of how we "managed" to drink when we were drinking. Leaving early from get togethers where wine or vodka was not cool was a regular one for me. I know we have other "tricks" in common too - hopefully we have no further use for those old tricks!

Cindi - I look forward to getting to know you better (along with everyone else of course). Mean time, sounds like you are on some strong meds this weekend, but on a good path to sobriety. I'll be here with the others cheering you on!

Masq - is that your doggy??? A lab? looks like a retriever of some sort. I love all kinds of dogs.

Aqua - Congratulations on Day 14!!!!!! :yougo:

It's Day 2 AF for me. The only good thing about repeating this process is that I know what to expect LOL. So last night was a restless one with little sleep - even with the Valerian root. Tonight I'll take that a little earlier. So I definitely need my :cupajoe: this morning. But I am feeling optimistic because an alcohol free life is SO much better than an alcohol filled life. Usually Saturdays are the hardest day of the week for me due to weekly dog training that is usually at my house, which includes the "afterglow" where folks have a few beers after training. Beer is not my poison of choice thank goodness, but it's still tough in the early days to be around the drinking and not be pouring myself Voddy drinks. BUT....today they are training at the local park instead of here, and next Saturday there is no training, so this time I can get a couple of AF weeks under my belt before I have to deal with that particular temptation. I'm fortunate to have Mr. Doggy's support!

Anyway, have a great AF day everyone - including all yet to come check in.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Saturday - March 15th

Ah DG, I remember your sober Saturdays with the beer flowing all around!

I am going to exercise RIGHT NOW! So I will be back later to say hi to everyone. I'll shower first, I promise. ;-)
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Saturday - March 15th

Good Morning,

A beautiful day here in Virginia.

Lots of positive feelings here.

Cindi, hope you are feeling better.

Mary, you seem to be handling your son's DUI so well. Good for you! Stay strong.

Aqua, you are doing great.

DG, Good to be able to do the things you enjoy and stay sober at the same time. And yes, I think I will do another long run today. It is my replacement addiction! Seems I have to have at least one going...

Hello to all those to come...

Beck
                Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Saturday - March 15th

I just talked to him, & he sounded OK but very downcast.

DG: No more tricks for me. I want to live out in the open for now on. It's so very freeing...no plotting, planning, or ridiculous machinations.

M
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Saturday - March 15th

hey im new to this, so thought say hi.

well done everyone being positive.

its day 15 for me.

Comment

Saturday - March 15th

Goodmorning all.

Well, I had this long post and once again got booted off. Had problems since last night.

Too emotionally drained from yesterdays posts to be re-typing everything again.

So just popping in to say HI.

Stay strong my friends.

Cindi ~ so glad you are ok. Sorry to here about the new med making you feel out of sorts. Thanks for getting back to.

Love, Me
                      :l
                      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Saturday - March 15th

G'afternoon all,

Worked out on the treadmill, elliptical and some of the weight machines. It was fun, but I am SO out of shape. I can see this will take a while. I feel more motivated to get my butt in there several times a week, though.

Thanks for starting the thread, 4theboyz. I hope you have a great Saturday.

Mary, I really feel for you about your son. It is hard not to feel responsible when you're a parent, even though you know that it is in their hands. Please try to do your best to "let go and let God" (or whatever deity you observe).

Cindi, perhaps my response to your thread on Gen Dis may have seemed a little flippant. I hope not. I hope you will just try to rest and let this weekend go by, knowing that help is coming on Monday.

Hi Masquerade!

Aquamarine, soon weekends will become more normal, although I found them hard at first, too.

As I said earlier, it is good to see you back again, DG. I missed you a lot. It is good to know what to expect, eh? Soon you'll be racking up the days just like before.

Beck, I live in Maryland, and it IS a beautiful day. I hope you have a great run. Exercise is a great addiction. I hope I can get addicted to it too.

Happy Day 15 barebones.

Sorry you're feeling a bit tired out Thankful. Rest up and take care of yourself. It sure is frustrating to write a post and have it disappear into cyberspace!

In a little while, my daughter and I are going out for a quick lunch and then to an indoor colorguard show at her old high school. She was in the guard when she was in high school, and we still love to see the different high school teams perform. I'm really looking forward to it.

Have a good rest of the day, all!

:l :l
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Saturday - March 15th

just a quick hi to everyone....lovely having everyone home but the only drawback is I can't get on the computer!!!!! Thinking of you all...and will catch up reading all the news tomorrow. Much love Janicexxx
                          AF since 9 May 2012
                          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Saturday - March 15th

happy saturday everyone- i have my afterwork get together tonight. hope it goes ok- we're doing karaoke- everyone was rehearsing 'their song' today at work- it was hysterical...guys singing britney, etc. me and my husband are bringing stuff to make root beer floats so we can still have something fun to drink. he said he won't drink b/c i'm not drinking- it's really b/c he falls asleep when he drinks- but i guess he's getting points where he can...
                            welcome barebones- day 15!! you're past me- todays my 1 week. (well this day last week i was hungover for the last time...so the alcohol was still "there")

Comment

Saturday - March 15th

APerry: The root beer floats sound great. I know you'll have more fun sober. Your husband sounds like a prince. M
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X