Wish Me Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish Me Luck

I stumbled across this site a couple of weeks ago and have been watching and reading, posted a few comments, ordered the starter pack - which arrived yesturday - YEAH!! My story - 44 yrs old, mother of 16 yr old daughter, been drinking all her life. 2 failed marraiges, and recently a failed relationship - mainly all due to my affair with AL. But have a second chance at the last relationship and desperately need to end it with AL before 'he' ruins it again!

We are going away this weekend 'Easter', and he thinks I am AL free, been trying to moderate for the past 2-3 weeks, but realise I must be AF or nothing - 16 years is a hard habit to break! So have packed my supps, finally got my Kudzu (can't get it here in NZ), and by the time I get back should be in day 4, hopefully after that it will be AF all the way.

The comments and support all of you give on here have helped me heaps over the past few weeks to cut back, hoping now that you will wish me some luck not to screw things up this time round.:new:

Wish Me Luck

Be proud of your decision

Hi Ayaha,

Welcome...you are at the right place and at the right time.

I have a similar story, My husband thinks I stopped my wine a month or so ago. I cut down lots but I changed to white wine easier to hide -"sneak". He has been away...I finally realized I had to quit, period. I didn't like who I was becoming (a liar) or how I was acting.
    I am starting my day 4 AF in 4 hours. I started posting, and chatting on Monday.
    Everyone is great, supportive and caring. I haven't got my suppl. yet bought some vit. and Sam E at the drug store....it's been working and I have been keeping busy and keep typing here.

Would love to be MWO friends, AF buddies, email pals

Good for you !!!! :goodjob:
    Gail
    PS. I loved NZ, went there last year for part of our honeymoon

Comment

Wish Me Luck

Aysha,

Welcome Aysha and options

Good luck. AF is tough but well worth it. You should consider joining the Booze busters thread and/or the daily ABS thread. Everyone there making a big effort to be AF - and having a bit of fun in the process.

I know for me the hiding was terrible - it just had to end. It is great to feel like an honest person again.

Beck
      Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Wish Me Luck

Aysha: I came here in Apr. 07. I'm much older than you (63) & was drinking very heavily. The years of hiding my drinking took its toll:
        -hidden bottles.
        -drinking out of coffee cups so no one would notice.
        -finding out-of-the-way trash barrels to dispose of empties.
        -trying not to slur.
        -black-outs.
        Since last April, I've had many more AF than drinking days. I had 2 major AF runs: one was over 60 days, one over 100. I'm now AF for 47 & plan on staying this way for life. It is so much better than the progressively more frequent & hard binges I was indulging in.

For me, it's hard to stay sober when I have stresses in my life. But that's life, & I'm getting through it. I'm learning how to cope.

Stick w/this. Drinking isn't worth the toll it's taking on your personal life. Mary

PS: Yes, the daily abs thread on the 30 day forum is very good. Booze-busters as well.
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Wish Me Luck

You can

Aysha -
          Mary is absolutely dead on - ditto on everything she just said. Join up with one of the Abstainers threads - it really helps. I read them nearly every day - they are motivating. I am 81 days AF and God willing - will be a non drinker all the days left of my life!
          Liv
          AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Wish Me Luck

good luck hun

i was drinking same amount of years as yourself. it is hard to make that first step but with determination and med help is that u can do it. im 22 days AF free and im going to continue as i dont want my old life back.

wish u all the best hun

Comment

Wish Me Luck

Hi Aysha
              I'm new too. Hope everything is going as you planned and you are having a fab time. I too am starting from today and am aiming at 30 days AF as a first goal - hoping to lose a bit of weight in this time as well. I have been suffering from marital problems because of my ways with AL and its time for me to quit as well. Hope to hear how you are doing soonXX

Comment

Wish Me Luck

Good going Aysha,

The support here will help sustain your own motivation. Recogizing your need to go AF is the biggest step. The rest is truly up to you. You will find similar stories to your own and good people who have successfully battled AL. It can be difficult at times in the first few weeks, but you will find it is well worth it.

Happy AF Easter.

July

Day 241 AF

Comment

Wish Me Luck

Thanks Everyone

Back from our 4 days away - can't say it was total AF - but for me it was so close that I still feel proud. From a person who was consuming over 1 litre of wine a day (sometimes / often more) in the past 4 days I have had 2 half glasses of wine, one on Friday with a meal and the other last night (sunday) with a meal. Don't feel too disappointed about that, as funnily enough I didn't want any more and each time the half a glass took me over a couple of hours to consume.

Regardless I've been to bed for 3 nights now sober. I have been able to wake up for 3 mornings knowing what happened the night before, remembering what I said. I haven't had to spend my weekend with all consuming thoughts of 'where my next drink was going to come from' or how to sneak some more alcohol. Retteach I know what you mean, mine was not coffee cups, mine was energy drinks - who would expect?

Not making excuses, but this is a HUGE step for me, and hopefully now I am back I can continue. Went shopping for the weeks groceries, and totally managed to by-pass the wine isle, so nothing in the house tonight, and we don't need anything for the next 3-4 days, so should be a good start - provided I can stay away.

Thanks for all your support - Options, yes lets be AF buddies and MWO friends - hope your weekend went well. Beck, thanks for the advice, will check out the other threads, never knew about them. Retteach, thanks. LivingFree - 81 days, wow can't wait to get there. Barebones, thanks for the support, hope your 22 is now closer to 30. Seto, welcome, join me on getting 30 under our belts. July 241 days , you are an inspiration.

Thanks
                  Aysha

Comment

Working...
                  X