Booze Busters Easter Weekend Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope everyone has a great plan for a Booze Bustin' weekend. Lucky Dawgs to all who have today off work and a 3-day weekend!

On-going Booze Busters, go to the next thread! For anyone new, here's what us Booze Busters are all about.

Frequesnt Asked Questions (FAQ):

Q: What the sam hill is a Booze Buster?
    A: Anyone who has a serious goal of going Alcohol Free (AF) for 30 days in a row, no matter what.

Q: Do I have to join at the start of the month?
    A: NO!! Your "Day 1" can be at any time. And if you are already into your first month or your hundredth month AF, you can join at any time. All who desire to be AF for at least 30more CONSECUTIVE days are welcome.

Q: Why are you being such a hard a$$ about 30 consecutive days AF?
    A: Because that's how tough I have to be on myself to succeed, and this challenge is meant to be "tough love" when it comes to the goal.

Q: What if I fall off the wagon - do I get kicked out?
    A: NO!! We do hope you will let us help you dust off the seat of your pants, and drag you right back onto the Booze Busters wagon. You will get your butt kicked, but you won't get kicked out. Oh - and we have a Fugly Green Suit you have to wear for a day during your butt kickin'. That suit is worse than the kickin'. Give back your stars and bling and start over at Day 1 (for purposes of this challenge).

Q: What if I am tempted to drink - really really badly tempted?
    A: Come here for a kick in the seat of the pants! Read inspirational threads from start to finish, and if the desire to drink still exists, scream for help in the "Need Help Now" Section and yell for someone to join you in chat. (I wish I had done all that before the fall!!)

Q: What does the Booze Beast look like?
    A: :alf:

Q: How does the group keep track of what day people are on?
    A: We count on YOU to shout out your stats loud and proud every day in whatever way suits you. For me, I'm collecting a star * for every AF day out of due respect for my inner child. At 30 days, collect your bling (thank you Liv for the bling bling word!) Collect a for every consecutive 30 days.

Speak up if you have other questions!! We are here to prove that WE CAN DO THIS! And we can have a little fun while we're doing it! Let us know if you have questions or suggestions as to how we can improve the BOOZE BUSTERS 30 Day Perpetual Challenge.

Let's Rock it this weekend!! TGIF!!

DG
    Day 8 AF
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

I'm shoutin' it out baby. Day 8 here and feeling good to have the first week of this out of the way! I'm collecting my gold star.

TGIF!! OK - back to figure skating. It's the men's short program. It is supposed to be televised on Turkish TV station TRT-3 through the internet. But instead we are getting some program that appears to be Turkish Idol. Do we have anyone from Turkey here that could say for sure? I'm being deprived of man pant wedgies at the moment.

Have a great AF day everyone!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

well done
      there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

i will collect my gold stars aswell i think, thats if i knew i to make them lol

so anyway 21 AF days.

hope everyone has good easter and happy good friday.

take care all

Comment

yay i found out how! here is my gold stars ******* 21 DAYS

Comment

BB & DG great job so far with all these AF Booze Bustin days behind us.

Keep em coming!!
            Is Addiction Really a Disease?
            Watch this and find out....
            http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

First I have to say thank you Hannah. I have most of the tar up. S**t, I should have asked sooner. I was at the Home Depot staring down the mineral spirits, but didn't buy it. Most of the tar is off with a lot of labor. Oh well. I do have some spots in corners etc. and I will certainly try the spirits. Thank you, thank you.

Well, off to tackle day 9 and all those lovely Easter eggs.
              Goal 1: Today
              Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

4th day booze free

Good job fellow booze busters!! Tar warrior, you have a lot of patience. Bet your floor looks great when you're done. Its snowing here in the great mid-west. House full of people, it will be easy to keep busy & occupied today. I feel pretty good and have no problem sleeping (9 hours last night). This thread has been great; it's nice to have others that you're accountable to.

HAppy Easter to all,

On my way
                Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Well done everybody!!

DG.....................way to go!!! You're doing great girl and don't you forget it!!!

Hugs
                  FMS xx
                  :heart: c: :heart:
                  "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Hi Everyone: I'm going away tomorrow. I'll manage wo/you all, but I'm going to miss you. I'm on day 50 today & feel really good about that. I'm struggling w/a prob w/one of my kids: son just got a DUI. However, I haven't let that effect my sobriety, though I admit it's been a challenge. I just have to remember that drinking makes everything worse not better. Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

shouting!

Shouting it out ... 81 days as a NON DRINKER !!:boxer:

Liv
                      AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

It's really hard to imagine how much harder this all would be without all the positive energy here to push me along. I've made 34 days AF along with the 5 fun days Bustin' out her with the Booze Bustin Crew - It's all good...Real Good!

Every one here deserves big hugs all around as I see a lot of determination to make these 30 days Real! Let's keep it going Booze Busters!!
                        Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                        Watch this and find out....
                        http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Rockin'

The Booze Busters are Rockin' the Casbah.:disco:

Day 10, I am ready to kick your ass!!!:b&d:
                          Goal 1: Today
                          Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Drat!!!

I just typed up a LONG post to acknowledge everyone, and all that great jazz...and POOF!!!!

I'm on the run so you will just have to imagine all the cheerleading I did!!! :goodjob:

It's Day 9 here and going great. Sorry I have to post and run...but it's a busy day.

AF ROCKS!!

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello Booze Busters,

Day 48 for me. Can't believe it. All's well here in sunny VA.

Stay well everyone,
                              Beck
                              Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                              X