Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter All my friends!

I have been sitting here, trying to decide about how I feel at this present moment in time - it?s been a wonderful weekend - for the first time in almost 30 years, I have had my entire family seated around my dinner table, and hosted our first family gathering since our move - and it was great, everybody had a good time, ate lots, laughed lots, it was lovely, and a highly emotional time for me. And unfortunately I blew my AF stretch with a few glasses of wine?.so am starting over?

But, this time, I?ve decided I don?t feel any guilt, am not beating myself up about it, not hanging my head in shame?. I didn?t go overboard, I just had a few glasses of wine - almost as though I was a normal drinker - which of course, I am not - but for that evening, I could almost pretend. I say almost, because I know I couldn?t hold that mindset for very long. But nothing will take away the perfection of that evening for me?.and I will hold my head up high, and start over once again ?.

Love you all, my friends, and not going to pull the wool over anyone?s eyes, so am starting over at day 1 AF again. Life is good?..

Hope you all have a GREAT EASTER!!!!!
    The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Happy Easter!

Hannah - Beautiful Post - I think you will read back on these words and see so much growth - you were moderate in your drinking - you didn't beat yourself up - and you had a lovely time. If I ever thought I could live like what you described - BLISS!!!!!!!! But I can't so I will not dwell but be so happy for you! Happy Easter to you too - He IS Risen!
    Liv
    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter

Easter rings with it a sense of change, renewal and hope......Off to church to get some divine intervention..i cant go this life on my own without it or i get in a mess!!Today at Mass we renew our baptismal vows along with millions the world over!!(wow)This is out declaration that we intend to follow the path of life guided by the Holy Spirit.

I love the Easter Mass and hymns ..such a celebration then the kids go wild doing the Easter egg hunt after Mass.

Comment

Happy Easter!

Morin Glories!
        Oh what hopeful words here!

I love Easter Sunday. The little girls and boys in cute clothes and baskets of eggs!
        Cassy.. here we have renewed our "wedding vows" to God!
        In a group of about 10,000 mostly women, I was honored to do this. It was a very humbling experience. Not a dry eye in the place. He ,Jesus, is the "Bridegroom and we are His Bride.
        Yes! HE'S ALIVE!!!!
        AMEN
        :hNancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to all my friends!!

Greg and I are getting out the door pretty quickly because my son and his wife didn't have enough money to buy Easter baskets for their kids and we didn't find out until last night.

I hope and pray Walmart 24/7 truly is open, grab a couple of baskets and sneak them up to the porch before anyone awakens.

Wish us luck.

I pray all have a blessed day.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Happy Easter!

ps, Oh, and I already took my Antabuse today, so should be starting day 6 sober.

For me, that is a blessing and I know God is helping me every second of the way.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Happy Easter!

pss and

Ooh ooh ooh!! I bought myself a car yesterday. My own car. I picked it, chose it and am thrilled with it.

The last time I got to do that was 10 years ago in Colorado - then it was a Ford F150 4X4 with 6 inch lift, so I knew I could get to the airport and back. Believe it or not, we still have it but can't afford to drive it. It gets about 11 miles/gallon.

I got a 2006 Honda S2000 with only 46K miles on her. It has been a dream car of mine for about 3 years. We were looking for a small, sensible, second car for me to drive. :H:H

She is small.....

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Happy Easter!

Cindi you sound so ..... happy, you are really cheering me up, GO GIRL
                Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Happy Easter!

Halleluia! Amen! I'm off to make some joyful noises in my church choir! Will serve sparkling juice at Easter Dinner.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter Everybody,

This day will mean many different things to everyone in their own special ways. For me this Easter is real special, a spiritual rebirth if you will to love those in my life for the first time in so long free and clean of AL and today I am very grateful for this opportunity. I hope everyone has a very special day today!

Hannah, good for you!

Cindi, congrats of the car and being the all important Easter Bunny!

Cassy & Southern thanks for sharing your Easter vows, how very nice!

Happy Easter Liv and everyone else to follow!
                    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                    Watch this and find out....
                    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to all!!

Don

Comment

Happy Easter!

And A BIG HAPPY EASTER from me too!

We did the baptismal vows too and a beautiful service here too - with a prayer or 12 on their way to MWO friends.....well, prayer or 1,000's!!

Then a great Easter egg hunt up the hill, shared lunch, build-a-vehicle-out-of-cast-off-stuff-and-get-your-raw-egg-down-the-hill-unbroken' race.......we won!!! Then sweets and choc for the kids (and big kids) and talks and chats.....and it didn't rain (much) but blew us off the hill!

Hannah love....I am soooooooooooooooooh happy for your day. Your family all around.....and, heck, it's ok....what good, healthy thinking there....I think you're seeing the big beautiful picture! A lesson to us all.

Cindi -way to go! Sounds a gorgeous vee-hick-le!! Be safe and happy in her!

Love to everyone else -

Back another time....will empty my pm's soon - promise! Just got to be on here to do it and that's a bt of a chicken and egg situation!! Very easter!

Hugs and blessings all around.
                        FMS xxxx
                        :heart: c: :heart:
                        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Happy Easter!

happy easter guys it's chilli but sunny here in NYC. no plans here, was gonna go to an easter party but am not feeling up to drinking, and I know these friends will have a lot of alcohol.
                          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter one and all!

Trixie, if you were a bit closer I'd have you over for sure!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                            X