Booze news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booze news

There's no "help" involved here, but I thought some of the research in this article was interesting, especially the different reasons why men and women drink, and also the idea that if someone has just one drink every day it's seen as a problem because of the psycology behind the behaviour. See what you think...

Britons can't imagine a life without booze | Society | The Observer
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Booze news

Interesting-

'Everyone who drinks daily is a problem drinker, even if they just have one or two drinks a day, because they are dependent on a mind-altering substance,' said Allchurch.

If you drink every day, 1-2 drinks hardly seems mind-altering.

Comment

Booze news

Good point. I read the article. I was once told along time ago that even if you have to drink on just New Years or St. Patricks you have a drinking problem.

I don't believe that. I do believe that women use alcohol for different reasons (emotional) most of the time however there are plenty of men I have met that use it for the very same reason. Self medication.

Whatever the reason it is used it comes down to the fact that it's "no good". We have to figure out the why, conquer that and we will be free.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Booze news

Lucky - yes, if I could stick to one or two drinks a day I personally wouldn't consider that a problem for me. But I see the point that it's still a drug - a bit like having to smoke a spliff every day to relax after work and being mentally dependent on that?

Beaches - yes it's crucial to figure out why and deal with that.
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Booze news

One thing I would like to add.

I am married to a non-drinker. Well, that is not true. Occasionally he will buy a beer and drink one. I remember on my fingers the amount of time this guy has actually drunk enough to get drunk, and that is in 32 years of marriage.

He tells me that the effect alcohol has on him is negative. He does not "feel good" when he drinks, rather it makes him feel uncomfortable. We are talking one or two drinks, he really hated it when he got drunk.

I think research needs to determine what difference exists in our chemistry that makes him hate the feeling of drinking when I find it so pleasurable and fun (until I blackout and make a huge a@@ out of myself.)

Cindi
          XXVIII
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Booze news

For me, daily drinking (even 1 or 2) would not be healthy. I wouldn't be able to limit myself to 1 or 2 anyway.

My whole purpose in getting sober & living an abs life is to stop mood/mind altering. I want to experience the world w/clarity. I want people to experience the real me...not the altered version.

Marshy, thank you for sharing this article.

Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
            X