Saturday 29th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday 29th March

Hi!! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!!

Aqua & Barebones - hope you're getting ready for tomorrow's party!!! Just like to say hi to Foxymum - looking forward to getting to know you!! (My daughter's at Manchester Uni!!) Doglvr - well done getting through yesterday - Fridays are tough when you're just starting out Af.

I hit the gym yesterday and have been swimming this morning so feeling good....it really does do the old hormones the world of good!!!! Lots of energy so hoping to carrying on sorting drawers/cupboards this afternoon. Out with friends this evening - who we haven't seen for years - having a meal. Not worried, I can handle it because I am now a non-drinker.

Sending everyone lots of love and positive energy.......

Janicexxx:l
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Saturday 29th March

Good Morning Abbers,

I have to hurry because hubby is "taking care" of Li'l Bit and she is getting on his nerves. LOL

Janice, how comforting to know you can go out with friends and know you will be fine with AL. Awesome. More importantly, you will be sober for the entire visit and not lose any of it to the haze of AL. :-:

Aqua and Barebones hit 30 tomorrow, right? I am still expecting two slices of cake for that!! Chocolate is my fav! German Chocolate is my absolute fav!! (An American cake that is not served in Germany)

Take good care today my friends. Det, Mary (missing you!!), Thankful, and all others, have a wonderful day!!

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Saturday 29th March

Morning All,

I get to paint today ARGH! Welcome to Foxymum!

Janice, I love that you now consider yourself a non-drinker - that's a big step. Congrats.

Aqua and BB - one more day!

hello to all of you who have helped me find my way!

Step ladder awaits.

Be well,
      Beck
      Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Saturday 29th March

WOW! I slept till now! Must of needed it. Busy *Busy* weekend for Moi, must get all heavy spring chores done today and tomorrow since I have a hernia surgery scheduled this Thursday. No biggie but no lifting for weeks after...most not fun but I knew it was coming.

Went to my first party with my old college crew. A bit surreal. I actually had major urges to have a drink before I left. I got there and they gave me a moment of silence and stared as if to say *You???* stopped drinking??? than went back to their conversation and beers. I did have a nice time except *Everybody* smoked, so it was a bit of a torture test all around, I haven't smoked in 10 years and it was awful. Sorry and no offense directed towards all the MYO'rs who are smokers or trying to quit. Just a tough evening for me. But the best part was driving home (hour each way) I saw the police were out in force and I just smiled.

Janice I hope your evening is just as "uneventful" and fun!!

Have a kick ass AF day everyone!
        Is Addiction Really a Disease?
        Watch this and find out....
        http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Saturday 29th March

Hi everyone

I've been posting on and off for a while, but can't crack it. I've just read retteacher's post, quite inspiring, that she can be so good after years of what she herself says was heavy drinking. I've been quite good over the last few weeks, but still drinking over the acceptable limit of 14 units a week. Last night I really do overdo it. I want to hit this thing on the head, because I'm worried about my liver. Are there any here who have liver damage? how much do you have to drink? I've been at it for well over 10 years. I intend to do 30 days to begin with= this is Day 1. Thanks everyone for your support Tylyr

Comment

Saturday 29th March

I will join you Tylyr, this will be my day 1 and the month of April for total abstinence. I am really looking forward to it.

craves, hell, whatever happens, bring it on!
            AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Saturday 29th March

Tylyr and Mstall welcome and best wishes. The Abbers here are a strong group and can really help encourage you and your efforts. Ask and Ye shall receive!
              Is Addiction Really a Disease?
              Watch this and find out....
              http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Saturday 29th March

hey all yep just one more day and the biggest hurdle will be over.

thanks janice for doing post, also good on u doing excercises, ive just come back from gym, my horse lesson was canceled again this morning, ohwell next week eh.

hope everyone has a good day, and well done who is still going for it.

tylyr everyone is diffrent to what there body copes with, so there is no set amount peeps drink to get liver probs. i have drank for 16 years and its been large amounts and has mostly been daily. i had test done last year and mines was fine. the longer u drink the more chance of it happening, alcoholism is a fatal disease. what i would like to say is good luck on ur journey and weldone in taking that step, take it 1 day at a time, if that is still hard is to take the 24hrs in a day and break it down. another thought is u can make this hard or easy for urself, u will find that u will need to find somthing else to do to make up the time u used to drink, so do somthing constructive, fun, and makes u feel good about urself. also dont say no to taking a tablet to help with cravings if that is going to help u in the long run.

anyway again good luck hope to see u around.

take care everyone! see u tomorrow mm cake, who bringing the cake? hehe me taking my own cake to AA tonight, as i dont get until ive done a year. so huh im going to celebrate in my own style lol. and i might even have more cake tomorrow at AA if i feel rich enough lol.

Comment

Saturday 29th March

Happy Saturday AB-landers far and wide!!!

it's a glorious day to be AF and clear headed as I sit by the window watching the rabbits play in the sunny back yard.

Dx and I are going to a gunshow today which may not sound very romantic but hey....I'm a romeo in my own strange ways LOL.
                  so glad to have gotten some rest after an extremely long day yesterday.

Foxymum, big welcome to you!

Tyler, as Barebones said it's hard to say what is going on with our livers. the sad part is that even a blood test is very sketchy in terms of the actual state of the organ. usually by the time the blood test shows a problem it's too late and serious necrosis of tissue has taken place. I spoke to an endochrinologist that has had patients develop liver disease after 20 years of only 2 drinks per day. yikes! More good motivation for clean living.

somebody had a question if you had to have medications to do this (AF) and the answer is definately NO! it can however be a big help in your decision. that's just it....it starts where the original problem once started in our brains, then after we decide we WANT to quit and WANT the wonderful things back in life then we can use the medications to make the journey more pleasant. I did campral for almost a year but it really was a waste of money because I kept thinking I would be a moderator so I kept testing the waters. Since becoming committed to AF lifestyle I am so much more relaxed and at ease. you may also be suffering from depression and an anti-depressant may be a surprise blessing too as it has been for myself and others.

big hugs all around XXXXXXXXXXXXX
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Saturday 29th March

"Since becoming committed to AF lifestyle I am so much more relaxed and at ease."

I'll second that Det - its so much easier this time round simply because I've accepted abstinence. My mind is not messing about with "when shall I start drinking again?" "how much?" "can I have another?" etc etc etc.

Janicexxx
                    AF since 9 May 2012
                    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Saturday 29th March

Thanks

4theBoyz and Beck - thanks for the kudos. I feel great today - it's lovely waking up and not having a sour stomach! Now on day 6 and I think this weekend will be easier than I thought. I just took the dogs around the Cherry Blossom Festival so we're nice and worn out! Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Comment

Saturday 29th March

Hi everyone, yes tomorrow is day 30, thanks for remembering, I have to say I am very pleased with myself. I t has takenme along time to string together that many days. On late today beacuse of my son's hockey schedule. Both his hockey teams are in playoffs at the same time so there are back to back games in different town. It is fun though and a great bunch of people.
                        Janice- Good for you with the exercising, I really have to get that going. I know it really helps with everything. I have no excuse, just laziness I guess.
                        Mstal and Tylyr- Welcome. Good decision to start for 30 days. I will be going for 30 more days in April so we will all be in this together.
                        Barebones- Hey we have almost made it to 30. Maybe we can try for the next 30 together.
                        I actually feel like it isn't so hard at this point,but I am expecting to have some bumps along the way so I'm trying to stay cautious.
                        Determinator-I'm not taking any of the drugs either and being AF is definately then trying to moderate which to me is a form of slow torture. Have fun at your gunshow, sounds like fun.
                        Doglvr-Isn't it great to wake up and not feel sick! Truly wonderful!
                        Hi Beck,4TheBoyz and SecondChance!
                        Well it is the weekend so hope nobobdy is too challenged. Take Care and Stay Strong!
                        NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                        AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Saturday 29th March

Hello all!

Been reading a lot of new posts today as I've been away awhile. Just trying to get caught up.

I just love how positive everyone always sounds on this thread. We've got each other to hold us up and that's such an awesome thought.

Hang in there, folks! You all are doing amazing. Keep it up. ODAT.

Love, Me
                          :l
                          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Saturday 29th March

Hi All:

Just a thought for the new folks:
                            If you haven't already downloaded Roberta's book, the download is free for the next two days (until the 31st) in celebration of the MWO site's 3rd birthday. Don't miss this!
                            Best to all.
                            AFH

Comment

Saturday 29th March

Thanks for all your words of help. It is good to know that people are willing to respond. This is day 2 for me, I will not drink today, and i'm going to be AF all through April. Hope I can do it - with support I'm confident. Will look in later again Tylyr

Comment

Working...
                              X