Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurs April 3

Good Morning all my Abber friends,

I reread through yesterday's thread and feel so grateful to have so many friends on this same path with me.

I hope you don't mind if I start the thread today, Janice, you are usually up and at 'em by now. Perhaps you are sleeping in or were running late for you swim.

I did not have to take a sleeping pill last night and got a full night's sleep. This is on day 17 for me. I am feeling very "up" this morning and starting to feel my physical well-being come back. It is a very good feeling. I already popped the Antabuse so I know I will achieve day 17.

I hope all are doing well and for those who were struggling yesterday, may today be an easier one for all of you.

I loved Doubter's last post on his "Reminisences..." thread about the verse they chant at the end of their meditation. I am printing it out and going to put it on my desk top.

Good day to Janice, Mary, Pebbles, Aqua, 4theBoyz, Barbones, Miss Oct, Beck, Thankful, OntheWay, Croft, Vinophile, Det, CMHguy3, Renegade, July and Doubter. See what a wonderful crowd we are!!!

Love,
    Cindi
    XVII
    AF April 9, 2016

Thurs April 3

Cindi: It's so lovely to see you in such great spirits. You really do sound like your old ebullient self again. I too am feeling better. I don't think I realized what an emotional roller-coaster I've been on: son, very old infirm parents, overwrought daughter & son-in-law. These are not my problems, but I feel very invested in them anyway. My Alanon meetings help me to detach. Getting emotionally caught up in other peoples' problems tends to be a trigger for me, so I have to be careful.

We went out to dinner w/a friend last night, & the others had wine w/the meal. It's starting to seem completely normal (both for others & for me) to have water or soda while others drink. I think my husband even left a little wine in his glass (he has a take-it-or-leave-it attitude)...something I'd NEVER do. This just emphasizes to me how non-normally I drink in comparison to others.

Take care Cindi & all to come. I'll try to check in later. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Thurs April 3

Good Morning to all April Monthly Abers !!

Cindi, thanks so much for starting this thread, and you sound great. Good luck on day 17 today. I'm with you all the way !

Mary that is just great that it is starting to feel "normal" for you not to have a glass of wine when you go out to dinner. My husband's is the same way...take it or leave it. Actually, he does not even have an occassional drink on the weekends anymore since I told him I had an addiction. Maybe he thought he might get addicted to :H

So 3 AF days behind me and feeling much better. Stomach bloat is going down, so I should be able to change my "mood" soon !!

Hope everyone has a great April 3, totally alcohol free.....we have a goal to meet !!
      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Thurs April 3

Good Morning Cindi, Mary, Miss October and all to follow...

I'm with you Mary, can't imagine leaving wine in my wineglass...so this must be a good place for me.

Mary, I once read that we should all "tend our own garden" - which really means that we have enough to do dealing with our own issues. And since we really can't change anyone else's behavior - becoming too involved is too draining and not a very good use of our energy and affects our ability to take care of ourselves properly. I think it is difficult to draw the line btwn support and over-involvement. Just something to think about...
        Everyone sounds so happy and positive today. I'll just add to the positive vibe by saying that today is DAY 60 for me I don't think I could have done it without this MWO thread - so Thank You!

Much to do today...
        Beck
        Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Thurs April 3

Quick hello this morning folks!

Glad everyone is checking in on such a positive note. Thanks for the feedback yesterday on the "drinking while cooking" issue. Still strange to me.

Hope everyone has a great day. Stay strong and focused!

Love, Me
          :l
          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Thurs April 3

Congrats on day 60, Beck. That's quite an accomplishment.:goodjob:

Happy AF Thursday to the rest of you. I haven't been posting as much, cause I'm pretty busy, but I've been reading, and keeping my eye on all of you.:H

I hope you have a great day!

:l :l
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thurs April 3

thanks cindi for making this thread, its great to have u in good spirits, welldone on 17 days.

retteacher, good on u making through dinner, im glad its feeling normal for u. also i would be the same i would never leave a drink.

miss good on u for day 3, and yeah bloatiness should come down. have nice day.

beck! happy 60s day for u hun, that is great im really pleased for u, cant wait until u get to 90

thankful and young i hope that u have a great day.

my day has been pretty good, im going to take my daughter out for a picnic with dog. as its sunny and warm here for a change.

also i had to be assertive today which is new but coming along well. my daughters auntie yesterday made arrangments with my daughter and said she would phone her on the mobile, this is with out asking me or father if its convienent or even a phone call. so i had to tell my mother inlaw to pass on to auntie who was in back ground to get intouch with me not my daughter to see if its ok to do somthing. not sure if my mother inlaw was pissed of with this or not, but really yeah i should of told auntie straight but i didnt want to make it a big deal. so as im working on taking control and responsiblities for myself is that im not responsible for the way a person takes somthing. so yay me, even though im a little sickie to stomach about it.

so anyway, i hope everyone has a good day and has fun being sober.

Comment

Thurs April 3

Hi Cindi, Mary, Miss October, Beck, Thankful, kathy, Barebones and all to follow.......

Well at last the sun is shining here in Kent, maybe spring has finally arrived!!! I've had goldfinches feeding in my garden and can see the blackbirds busy looking for nesting material for nests - its a lovely time of the year isn't it? A new beginning. I bought a rose from Hampton Court flower show last July, a few days after dad died called "New Beginnings". Can't wait to see what its like in flower. Don't think I'll be able to look at it without thinking of this last year, not only Dad, but my journey here with all you special people.

I was up early again and went for a swim. Have had lots of washing/ironing to do as my daughter's going back to uni tomorrow so haven't had chance to post until now!! Wouldn't care I can't settle until I've had my MWO fix!!

Cindi its a great feeling isn't it when you just know you're not going to drink today. Miss October, well done on the 3 AF days - getting started is definitely the hardest but now you're starting to feel better physically that will motivate you more to keep going.

Well done on the 60 days Beck - can't wait till I'm at that stage.....I'm having to work out what day I'm on now which is a good sign. While I was busy ironing this morning, I was thinking about Bear's post again and how we have to become a different person.....that is so true. I have to make exercise a priority in my life now because I know it makes a difference and I feel so much better. Perhaps its filling the void that alcohol has left I don't know but the combination of not drinking/exercise/supplements is definitely working for me.

Well, better get on......lots to do......birds to watch!

love and thanks,

Janicexxxx
                AF since 9 May 2012
                Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Thurs April 3

Hi Everyone.
                  Beck- CONGRATULATIONS! 60 Days, that is really wonderful. I'm happy for you. Do something nice just for yourself today, you deserve it.
                  Everyone sounds pretty upbeat today, as do I . Stay Strong. Aquamarine
                  NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                  AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Thurs April 3

hey you forgot mevery mad ,not...have a wnderful day everyone...its an awesome day to be alive and soberyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Thurs April 3

Hello All,

Cindi glad you are feeling better and Beck CONGRATS! Spring is in the air in Washington and I woke up for the 10th day in a row without a hangover! Life is good and I feel soooooo alive today!

Tim
                      Day 11 AF!
                      "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Thurs April 3

Cindy, Mary, Thankful, Aqua, and Tlrgs I will join you all in another great AF day!

Beck, super kudos on the 60 Days!

Young at Heart thanks for looking out for us, I know I can use it at times!

BB Enjoy your picnic sounds wonderful!

Janice enjoy the birdwatching, we had a Peregrine Falcon land in a tree the other day watching us as we watched "her" as we sat outside and my wife says Falcons are good luck - magnificent bird!

Tim great great job on Day 11 AF, keep the streak going!

I survived my surgery this AM and appologize for any mispelling or incoherent mumblings and I get to stay home, kick back and Relaxxxx!!

AF all the way Abbers!!!
                        Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                        Watch this and find out....
                        http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Thurs April 3

Beck: Congrats on the 60 days. Weren't there times in your life when you just couldn't imagine you could possibly manage 7 days wo/a drink? Now look! You've gone 2 whole months. For me, it's a miracle.

Also, thanks for the advice (nicely put) that I should mind my own business & tend to my own life. That's actually the basic philosophy of Alanon. It's easier said than done, but I really try. Today, I put all worries on the back burner & had a great day w/the g-son w/a grandma friend of mine. The kids were so cute together, & we had tons of laughs. I honestly have so much more fun sober!

Take care everyone.

Mary
                          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Thurs April 3

A quick late greeting to all absters,

I must admit that I did struggle a bit tonight. I couldn't figure out what was bothering me. I was neither Hungry/Angry/Lonely/Tired but i was craving. I finally figured out that I felt "unsettled". Wine usually smothes out my ruffled feathers so I must tackle the dilemna of settling myself down with wine. I guess practice will make me better at it.

Anyway I still have to go out tonight but I have promised myself (and you folks) that I will not drink. I'm actually looking foward to a nice AF sleep.

Have a good night.

Janete

Comment

Thurs April 3

late check in again for garlic-meister. sorry to be the downer in the bunch but it's just been a rough couple of days (work stuff). I'm home tonight and just drained. blah.
                              I'll be my sparkly self soon tho....promise!

took an antabuse last night since I was so upset and didn't want to risk blowing it when out with my boss who is a drinker.

gnight all
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X