X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi can I join you

:new:
    Hi everyone
    I joined this board a few weeks ago but have to admit I have been failing pretty badly and felt like a "fraud" to post. I'm 31, have two beautiful girls (2 years and a baby 5 months). I was on this board in 2006 with the same problem with alcohol (although a lot worse) until I fell pregnant with my now daughter. I abstained throughout my pregnancy but found myself waiting until I could have my first glass of wine. Once my baby was born in November 2007 (about a month later) I started up drinking again. I drink because I suffer severe anxiety and depression and to be honest drinking relieved it at the beginning, but now it only makes me worse. I am on medication for my depression and am feeling better. I now really want to stop drinking - I can see my addiction escalating like before. I drink every night a bottle of wine or more if I can get it. For the last couple of weeks I have been trying to moderate but have realised I can't. Once I get "tipsy" I just lose my sense and want more and more, waking up with total regret and guilt for my babies. I love them more than anything and want to try to stop drinking altogether for them as well as myself. I find when I don't drink I get really ratty and irritable and can't sleep very well - does this last for long???? Any words of advice would be great on how you manage to abstain when "Craving" or feeling irritable etc. Look forward to hearing from you and wish me luck on this 30 day AF. I am going to do this!!!!!!!

Hi can I join you

Seto,

:welcome: back!!

You know the cravings get better and better with time, you just have to work through them.

However, I would take the supplements because they do help with the irritability. Read that "help" not get rid of it all but that is just part of the game.

I, too, have fallen a few times and am now on day 20 and coasting along rather nicely.

If I can do it, anyone can do it, trust me on that one!!

Good luck and I hope others jump in with advice and help.

Glad you are here!!

Love,
    Cindi
    XX
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi can I join you

Seto, welcome back. You sound so determined and believe me, that's half the battle right there!

Yes, I agree with Cindi. Start supps asap (make sure you have no conflict with any meds you are taking). The supps help tremendously in controling our moods swings. It has a lot to do with brain chemistry and just balancing everything out.

Get the book too if you can. It really helps answer a lot of questions that people have when they want to get started. It's a quick read (only 88 pages).

Read and post a lot. We are here for you. Good luck!

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Hi can I join you

Seto, welcome to MWO....looking forward to getting to know you on the daily abs thread! love Janicexxx
        AF since 9 May 2012
        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hi can I join you

Welcome Seto!!!!

There's a lot of good advice here as you probably know. Keep posting and shout out if you need help. I look foward to getting to know you

Janet

Comment

Hi can I join you

hi there..seto..welcome and so very nice to meet you. sounds like you really want to try and that is great , do your best .peace and god bless
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hi can I join you

Seto,

Glad you're here. This group is quite supportive and full of wisdom. You came here in the first place, obviously you seek change in your life. You have kids and you're a role model. I can relate to it all.

Keep yourself busy; avoid triggers and situations where one might drink. Oh, sups and exercise have greatly helped me.

God bless you on your journey.

On my way
              Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Working...
              X