BoozeBusters 30 Day Challenge - Week of April 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please refer to Doggy Girls rules of last week's BB's thread. I thought I'd take a minute start this, because I love to see what people on this thread have to say. I'm a BB, but I certainly don't take anything for granted. Yes, the cravings aren't as strong as when I first got sober, but I still have those nasty thoughts sometimes. I'm full-time babysitting all week for g-sons (3 & 4 yrs old) & don't have time or energy to drink. However, when I get a break in the action, I start thinking I need a "reward." I have to remember that the reward gives me:
    -self-hatred
    -a hangover
    -physical side effects
    -paranoia.

Cindi, I'm assuming you're flying off to some destination for your job. Thanks for the reminder about HALT. DG, where have you been? Remember that staying away from MWO (even if you erred), is a recipe for disaster.

Take care everyone. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

thanks mary for making this thread. good going ur making a good boose buster.

well im kicking the booze to kingdom come, its day 39 AF for me, and ive been reflecting my days of sobriety. all i can say is im at peace majority of the time, i have tooken more on and im managing, i have a circle of friends online and offline, my mental illnesses has become majority stable,im getting fitter,my family is happy. thats all i can think of just now

when the booze became alive, all day hangovers, making alberate plans to get booze, spend all day thinking about booze, mood swings, not letting anyone in, became a recluse, no friends, no family get togethers, became a vegetable,black outs, falling about,guilt, hating myself, had no life. im sure that was just some.

so u tell me which one would u prefer?

any hoo, i hope all BBers have a good day and is taking it easy. xxx

Comment

BBones,

Nicely put. I like being sober much better than the alternitive. Not easy sometimes to resist temptation but better than the guilt and shame of a continual deception.

On my way
      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

tomorrow, I will be 70 days sober, did 48 days AF, shit hit the fan in my marriage and had one drink, Easter came and we went away on holiday, had one drink per day, came home and my husband asked for a divorce, not alcohol, but his daughter from his 1st marriage has caused major shit, so have probably had a drink every day since, have not been drunk, just one or two to alleviate the stress....can feel every day, I want more booze, I know what I am doing and realise, that my old habits are rearing their ugly head...I have been so scared to come back onto MWO,as this would be admitting my problem again.....my husband and I are trying to resolve our issues, and I don't want booze to come between us....
        Sorry guys, I just need support, I feel awful that I again am using alcohol as a crutch, my marriage is too important.
        :upset:
        Fiona:angelgirl:

Enjoying sobriety since 27th May 2008

Its a long and winding road, but well worth the walk!

Comment

Fiona: Staying away from MWO is not necessary. You don't have to answer to us...you only have to know what you want & need regarding alcohol. Mary
          October 3, 2012

Comment

home

Hey busters! Thanks Mary for getting this week started - Doggie Girl is very busy right now!
            I can't believe how fast this month is going. I have found my AF days becoming more "settled" - like after a move. Everything is crazy and new for awhile, then things start becoming "home". I think I'm liking this new home!

Way to go BBers
            Liv
            AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Seems we've got two threads going at once. Better than none.

Liv, thanks for the post. After 68 days AF, I'm finally starting to feel like a non-drinker.

Hope everyone is Happy and Strong today,

Beck
              Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Thank God it is Friday; this has been one looooooonnnnggggg week. Hope everyone has a great day and an even better weekend.
                Goal 1: Today
                Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Good afternoon,

It sounds like everyone is chugging along nicely. I like everyone else am glad this week is nearly over, been a busy one. Mary, I will keep you & your husband in my prayers.

Day 13...I made it past 12!! So far I am not craving.....but I'm waiting for it to happen, tomorrow is Saturday. Has anyone ever taken vit D??? I have been taking it along with various others for nearly a month. I can't help but think maybe it's helped me along this time, I am much happier. Don't seem to want drink when I'm happy.

Anyhow, it's a nice day here. Ran this morning, cleaning, catch-up and soon off to the market. Mom is coming for a visit, so there is my no boozing weekend plan. I have also avoided my drinking buddies but I miss them. I actually walked past a heaping cart of booze mark down bargains at the market the other day. Did not think much of it until I arrived home. Me being a thrifty alcoholic, it was a major step forward.

Hope you all have a safe, sober and happy weekend!!

On my way
                  Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Hello all - just checking in, thanks Mary, for starting a new thread. The other one was getting a mite long. Will try to pop back in later - meanwhile - everybody - have a great day!
                    The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

I'm reading a very good memoir about recovery. It's "Broken" by William Cope Moyers. It's very 12 steps in orientation, but I really identify w/it. Hope all you BBers are doing well. M
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Hey Busters - It's officially the weekend now - Just wanting to encourage everyone to make it a great weekend - do something special for yourself this weekend. We work so hard to make these days count and we used to "reward" ourselves with AL - so lets replace that with something rewarding and good for us too!! Way to go Busters!

Beck - I too am really starting to feel like a non drinker. I am over 100 days now - and I con honestly say it isn't the MAIN thing on my mind 24 hours a day. Maybe about 6 hours a day - but that's an improvement!! Congrats on your 68 days - that is soooo awesome

Liv
                        AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Working...
                        X