question for you boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question for you boys

It seems you guys don't complain about lack of sleep. Is it just us girlies? Do you wake in the midle of the night? Have trouble staying asleep?
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

question for you boys

Howdy greenie

For me when off the grog sleep like a cat mellowed out while lying in front of a heater. When on the stuff I dont sleep wake up ever 2 hours and the whole house/ suburb doesnt sleep because my snoring has the decibels of a B52 bomber and I am so tired. I get death stares from the misses and my little darlin. I have never needed more than 6 hours. Since I was 13 I started doing early morning paper rounds my silly head seems to have gotten used to not being tired. I was up at 6 this morning. House asleep now and I am still up at after midnight. Carried my partener to bed she fell asleep on the sofa at 9:30 and had to do it as she would have woken up with a crook neck and made my day hell because she felt shitty. I know my lovey would say guys dont get tired because our brains are smaller and a little thing doesn't need 8 hours sleep lol

to sum up off the grog sleep well on it always a mess
    Take care Captn

Comment

question for you boys

what i complain too much on that . does that mean am a girl lol no dont think so well got to go appt or got see you all later have an awesome day greeneyes
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

question for you boys

Since I quit drinking, I sleep through the night without ever waking up. I get around 8 hours solid sleep a night now. Pretty much everything the Captain said applies to me as well.

Comment

question for you boys

I've been sleeping through the night uninterrupted for the last couple weeks. Lately I've been going to bed around 10-10:30 and getting up around 6AM without an alarm clock for the first time in,,, well as long as I can remember... I'm pretty sure the Topa has a lot to do with the good sleep, but so does staying AF. Do you take the Calms Forte sup?
          I went to my doctor and told him I had a serious drinking problem and that I was in desperate need of a solution. He said, 'Stop drinking.' I said, 'I don't get it..' He said, 'Go home and think about it.'

Comment

question for you boys

5HTP, but wander in the middle of the night. Will get some calms. OK with the 5 HTP?
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

question for you boys

I'm the same as the good Captain where I don't necessarily need the 'required' 8 hours sleep. It has more to do with the quality of the sleep I get than the amount of hours. I see the point you are trying to make though Greenie concerning how we let the lack of sleep effect us. I've never really considered it to be a gender issue. Both men and women can be just as bad at letting other's now how they can't do this or that because they are tired. Both can be just as good as the other for making excuses to get out of doing something due to their 'lack of sleep'lol.

I still think having a good routine at night though can help in aiding sleep. I don't drink caffeine anyway but if I did I wouldn't drink it at night. I obviously don't drink alcohol so that helps as well. My routine has become a bit chaotic recently and so from a personal perspective I have noticed a change in my sleep patterns, but I still wouldn't say I was less energetic or enthusiastic about my day following a bad night's sleep. I think being sober makes up for a lot of things and the lack of stress, anxiety and guilt will always play a part in aiding me to have a good nights sleep and a better day.

Love and Happiness
              Hippie
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

question for you boys

What Hippie & Jack said. If I have had a bad day and can't turn my mind off Melatonin works for me. Some people like Valerian root or Calms.

Comment

question for you boys

Greeneyes,
                  I wonder around all night ! I don't know if it's because I worked Swing Shifts for about 30 yrs. ( 8-4, (for 7 days) 4-12 (7 days) 12-8 (7 days) ) It was a nightmare, but it help me raise my family. The last 5 yrs. I was a supervisor and managed to work a regular shift (8-4). But with that came other problems...leaving home to messerable areas for 120 days. Hay, but Now I'm retired....and I still can't go to sleep!!!!! Those 30 jrs. have marked me for life ! IAD, LOL!
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

question for you boys

I am not a guy either but I found Melatonin a bit too strong. I bought 'Relax and Sleep' made by Jamieson vitamins. It is all natural as well. It has REALLY helped me when I have a touch of insomnia and can't unwind myself from the day to fall asleep. You pop 2-3 tablets before bed or they can be dissolved in tea.

It has valerian/catnip (I shit you not)/hops and passionflower. It really does the trick for me without feeling drugged out.

Comment

Working...
                    X