May AF anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May AF anyone?

I am brand new to the site - well, second time around brand new. I am 2 days AF - this is my third. May is going to bring some stresses for me that I can see coming. Stresses I USED TO deal with by drinking two bottles a night of white wine. I want to commit to an AF May. I am nervous about commiting publicly - especially since I'm trying to start this thread myself and don't really know what I'm doing. Would anyone like to join me? How does this work?

Thanks,
    WT
    Wasted Time (NO MORE!)

May AF anyone?

Yes, I would. I'm doing better than I have done in the past, mostly by taking it ODAT. I'll still be doing that but I think I'm ready to do a whole month now so count me in!!

Bessie x

Comment

May AF anyone?

Bessie - you have been doing so well! If there was a month this one would be yours!

Comment

May AF anyone?

Let's hope so! Feeling more positive about it - seemed to have turned a bit of a corner.... Keep an eye on me though. Sometimes I throw a bit of a wobbler! :H

Bessie xx

Comment

May AF anyone?

well im up for another month of sobriety. so here goes may!

Comment

May AF anyone?

Thanks for starting this thread Wastedtime......I'll definitely join you for May!!! Why not pop over and say hello to everyone on the daily thread of this forum???

love Janicexxx
            AF since 9 May 2012
            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

May AF anyone?

I'm in for the month of May.
              Thanks for starting the thread!

-Ollie

Comment

May AF anyone?

Im in!!! did 45 days AF, aim.... lots more than that
                Fiona:angelgirl:

Enjoying sobriety since 27th May 2008

Its a long and winding road, but well worth the walk!

Comment

May AF anyone?

okey dokey

Hi!

I am going to give it my best shot!!! I hope to go home to the arrival of my supps - hope is the operative word here!!!! I will still have to be ODAT, as this will be a first for me and I also have some occasions I am concerned about.

Peanut

Comment

May AF anyone?

But what if I slip??? Can I still be in this group?

Comment

May AF anyone?

Wasted,

I am in!!

A tip. It is easier to keep up with several short threads than one really long one.

Croft had an AF April that she started every day with a new thread, "AF April 23" or something like that.

However, a long single May thread has its advantages that people who live in the West Coast area still get read after the post.

Then there is the option of keeping it for a week and then starting a new one.

It is up to you entirely. It is your thread.

Peanut - I don't think we have ever kicked anyone out that slipped from one of these AF threads. I sure hope not, anyway. So, if you slip, you just have to jump right back in.

There are also two other threads you might be interested in. In Just Starting out there is an ODAT thread that is created daily. And in Monthly Abstinence there is a monthly ABs thread. You might want to read in those, too, and post if you feel like it at any time.

Like AA says, "All you have to have is the desire." We don't expect 100% from everyone, if we did, this would a very thin website. :H

I'll be looking for the May thread.

Thanks!!
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

May AF anyone?

Wasted- you read my mind, thanks for posting this thread...i would read the AF team thread and think...i want to be on a team.
                        I am a team player and I need to support and be supported.
                        I am on day 4 of AF, and May is my bday month and would like to give myself the a great present of 31 days AF.
                        So good luck to all of us!
                        flyin

Comment

May AF anyone?

I have no idea how this works, Peanut. I am so new, but let's not worry about slips now. Let's go ODAT together. K?
                          Wasted Time (NO MORE!)

Comment

May AF anyone?

Hi All,

I'm up for an AF May. Today will be my first AF day in over a year. :new:

It will be great to share this journey with you.

Wooflet

Comment

May AF anyone?

Hello all
                              Count me in too.
                              BH

Comment

Working...
                              X