Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V: dead horse f/up...it is important

V:
    I write this new topic because I hope YOU ARE NOT THE DEAD HORSE. Below is only a copy of what I responded to the original post. forgive my redundance..... but this is SERIOUS. In my oppion/experience there are more safety issues than drinking alone - b/c I felt it is SO IMPORTANT...I played it safe and started a new topic:..... here goes following your post:
    "he is definitely worth the effort; aren't we all?" yes we all are. but we have to be 50% of our own rescue - I think that is what everyone is trying to tell you. none of us are here expecting that someone can do the whole thing for us. maybe in the back of our minds we have a secret hope - but it is a PART of helping ourselves. For ME - if i want to drink - i sit here first and write - even if at times it is just discombobulated sounding - it is reaching out. i think what others are saying is that J isn't reaching out or even have acknowledged he has a sincere problem.

As you, I am also highly educated and successful: no one took a test for me and no one enrolled me, no one paid for it. nor wrote one word of my thesis...although i DREAMED someone to do it for me. BUT actually not - because had i not done it myself - i would not really have done it: it would not hold the same value.

i think you are still sorting through and grieving the loss of your husband. but how are you robbing yourself and your child of quality by working with J who 'seems' to not want to help himself...he has no reason to. also, professionally, the latest behavior he exibits will only escate to push the boundaries of destruction and pain: that is th echange he will statistically bring. you can love someone and support them: you have offered him so many options. you HAVE been there for him; but he has to be 50% of that. If he is not ...you are beating a dead horse, by your own admission.

PLEASE do not put yourself at further risk as this situation seems to escalate - don't let all your hard work and other responsibilities be engulfed in a situation you intelligently realize isn't going to get better. In AA lingo (not an AA member): If noting changes ...nothing changes. And the best thing you can probably do for him is to force change on him - something significant has to happen to change the situation. That might be throwing him out on the steps of a treatment center.... and God forbid the change doesn't come from the police b/c of some horrific and irreversible event in your home. You already stated you wre going to leave him in the dust when you have the wonderful Dr. before your name. So why delay that? At least you'll be arround if he is in a facility he will probably need (from my reading of his habits), There is "tough love" - you can still love him and suport him - just not in what his delusional ideal would be - later he will understand, when he is clean.

I know everything writen by others is out of love and concern. Everyone here IS looking out for you. YOU also have to be 50% of your own rescue.
    My love, El

Oh Elle, what a lot of good sense you make.. this situation has so many sides.. I am so worried for V and for J. I woke up this morning and yes, the situation has escalated as you can see in the 'males wanted' thread. J has overdosed and V is in a terrible situation. I am praying hard.. am very upset and worried for them both.. sending my love.
    MFM

Comment

V,
      To be honest and on the topic of conversion, I have tried suidice twice in my life. Once was after a bad relationship and the other time was just feeling sorry for myself. It's had to get past the feelings, but things do get better if J wants to try.

Marcie

Comment

vmd/ horse

I truly believe there's more here than meets the eye... I've also done something very foolish & selfish.
        About 10 yrs ago, after having a misscarriage & a very screwed up relationship to top that off...I decided, things would be better, if I made room on this planet for someone more deserving...
        I cut 3 tendons & 80% of the nerve in my right wrist. The left wasn't as bad. After that I hiked all over the Mt. above my cabin, all day, just hoping to exhaust myself & bleed to death. Guess I got close but, not close enough.
        It started getting dark & I decided I'd just go jump in the river, instead, maybe that'd be quiker. Soon as my cuts hit that water it hurt so bad I knew I couldnt do it.
        So I decided, grudgingly, that I couldn't even get that right! Wasn't a real good day!
        I know I wasn't thinking clearly at that time. If I'd have thought of my family,...even now, I can't imagine how devastated they wouldve been...
        But for the grace of God... I have so much to be thankful for, ...."Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers"...Garth Brooks...........
        OOOPPPPSS Guess I wrote a book... Hugs & prayers Judie

Comment

Re: vmd/ horse

Hi Jude and Marcy:
          I am so glad you are here! For your family, selfishly for ME since you have helped me so much with your honesty and presence.

I too have questioned my worth and struggle daily with what my PURPOSE is. If you had a peep into my life - you'd ask the same question. What did God create HER for? To suffer? To push the boundaries of pain until I can't stand it anymore. Maybe all this drinking stuff is a way of killingmysel - intentionallyor not: it certainly isn't life enhancing!

With funeral preperations being made - I am sure BM (birth mother) is making sure that she has her clain on everything. Even though she may try - she can NEVER strip or take away what MOM has ben and is to me. God willing - it will be a chance to look in the mirror of herself - and be honest and let love be with whatever it is for each of us. BUT , as I was watching the Cody Posy trial on court tv last week - the topic of a person being rehabilitated surfaced. In that debate i thought of somepeole in my life - and my BM is saddly someone who can't be rehabilitated. You can't bleed blood out of a stone. I pray for her. Her narcissim and sociopathology is strong - and she will make sure everyone at her church brings her a casserole - she would NEVER in a 1000 years want her casserole 'due' to be shared by anyone else. I recognize she is sick. Even though I know what is real - it still hurts like hell to be reminded that the only human on earth to have cared about me is gone - and the living want to make sure that I get none of that.

You guys take care - honor the life you are given. I pray for the time ...for all of us...when we look back at this as just another phase of life WE GO THROUGH...and are able to share our wisdom with others. THIS OO SHALL PASS.
          Love El

Comment

vmd/horse

Hey VMD, How are you? Hope things aren't completely draining you. I'm sure you've got a lot to handle right now... Just wanted to let you know, I'm thinking about you & you're in my Prayers... Take care ,
            Judie

Ps Ell, thanks for the nice responce, believe me I don't take life for granted, like I used to...I'm so blessed.
            "But for the Grace of God..." J

Comment

Working...
            X