Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sept 22 Monday

Super Good Morning Abbers!

After a very busy weekend, I am ready for an even busier week. Kids have a lot going on this week and we have company coming?.now there is a big trigger for me. I?ll be working hard on that plan. Really don?t like embarrassing myself and family by being falling down drunk, that?s my motivation.
    Guess I better get moving and get mini man to school.

omw
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Sept 22 Monday

Hi OMW & All to Come: I did well yesterday. I find Sundays are my most challenging, because I'm often left to my own devices (husb watches football). I kept busy & did relax a bit. I was so grateful to be able to wake up sober. I know how awful I feel about myself when I give in to my desire to drink. I'll check back later. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Sept 22 Monday

Morning everyone
      Although I was a nightly drinker, Sunday was the only day of the week I would start mid afternoon. I worked my butt off on Sat. to be able to find some "me time" on Sunday afternoon before going off to our weekly in-law visit....Love them dearly, but 4 hours EVERY Sunday!!!...A buzz would put me in a different space and it was tolerable. A few belts (??), plop myself on the couch to watch football, doze off (so much for the game), and wake up in that haze which got me through till we came home from visiting. That was tough to give up in the beginning. We still do our weekly thing, it is still long and sometimes boring, but I do it sober. BTW, I no longer "plop" on Sundays!!!!
      Hope everyone has a good day!
      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Sept 22 Monday

hi!

Happy Monday to everyone, great for you Mary and Charlee for staying AF yesterday even w/ temptations! :goodjob:

I actually had a pretty untempting day, went to ride the horses in Havana, a town about 45 min NW of here, the guy who is holding them for me owns 20 acres of pine forrest..................couldn't find any trails, though so rather than getting lost, only rode a little while then turned around, was overall decent.

Still no job, so that is rather depressing,:upset::upset: but off to hit the pavement today and hit a couple nursing homes, hospitals etc.

Talk to you all later,

love,:l:h

MA
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Sept 22 Monday

WIP, forgive me for not saying sooner:

60+ DAYS, YOU ROCK!!
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Sept 22 Monday

Happy Monday! I can't believe I made it through a week without drinking! And, congrats to those of you who made it with me. It's been a loonnggg time since I've gone a week. AF. I definitely noticed certain "trigger" times, too.

60 days seem so far away..Kudos WIP!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

Sept 22 Monday

Of course Gia. I don't think it's anyone's group.

I'm new, too!

Comment

Sept 22 Monday

Happy hangover-free Monday ABeroooos!

what great successes. what a rockin group!
                great to have you Gia, what you been up to?

I'm looking forward to possibly NOT traveling too much this week. yeah!
                getting back into my martial arts class tonight so long as my elbows don't hurt too much. I guess I'm just falling apart these days. have to check after a shower to make sure no body parts have fallen off

last couple of weeks has not been a struggle to be AF I'm so happy to say. Then again I've not been around drinking social events either. (largely by choice). I value quiet 'me' time more than being wasted.

be well my friends
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Sept 22 Monday

Welcome Gia. This is a great thread. Very encouraging & motivating. I can't go a day wo/at least reading.

I read w/interest about trigger days, & it looks like Sunday can be one for a few of us. I think I deluded myself into thinking that AL would take away all boredom, routine, restlessness, annoyance, etc. Those are states that I might have to live with once in a while.

Char: I loved what you said about working on Sat. toward "me time." I don't know how many times I've done that only to have that "me time" become a "drunk time." Now that I'm going AF, I have to be a little more creative in figuring out how to create "me time...": cooking, walking the dog, reading, watching a movie, etc.

I'm getting there. Today, I've had drinking thoughts but have examined them & let them go. That works for me.

Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Sept 22 Monday

Thanks for the lovely congrats, all! 60 days feels really good. I'm feeling pretty relaxed and comfortable in my life, in my own skin, as they say. Now, my struggle is, and will continue to be, somewhere on the balance between "too relaxed or complacent" and "too vigilant." That will be a never-ending thing, I believe. I have done long periods AF in the past, and I know that complacency is my enemy. It allows the thought distortions to creep back into my thinking, or actually there is only one really big thought distortion that is the problem: thinking that I can drink safely and moderately. And I also know, from prior awful experience, that this is the thinking that begins to emerge when I am no longer in the regular company of people who understand and are battling alcoholism and alcohol abuse. So... at least now I think I understand not just how to GET free of alcohol, but how to STAY free of alcohol. Sober support, meditation, exercise, working on something that is meaningful to me (and helpful to others), and a reasonably healthy diet, are key elements to my own ongoing plan.

OK I guess I got long-winded. Sorry. I am just so glad that all of you are here. Makes all the difference.

wip

Comment

Sept 22 Monday

WIP, you nailed it. Getting there is one matter, staying there is an entirely different one.
                      I think I may have a little help in keeping me here. I have had a few little health problems lately and one BIG nagging suspicion. After some blood work, looks like I have a blood sugar issue. Thus far, I will check blood sugar daily. If I can?t get it under control by diet, I will have to try some type of med.

There is a streak of it in my family. Folks of all body size, thin to obese.. I had gestational diabetes (controlled by diet) during my last pregnancy. So, big picture looks like I?m screwed in the diabetes dept. I am certainly going to try and keep it under control. I really do not want to be insulin dependant. As far as my old, former friend Al is concerned, we can no longer socialize together. He never served me well anyway.:H

omw

Comment

Sept 22 Monday

Hi abber friends! Can't believe I'm just now able to get here today to say hi. I can't believe it's 4 months sober today!! AL is being quiet these days and I sure appreciate every moment of that.

Char, 4 hours of in-laws every single week??????? Geez. I admire you. I think I would need heroin or something. :egad:

WIP - congrats on 2 months my sista!!!!!

I had every intention of updating "my story" today, which I haven't touched in ages. But didn't make it that far. When I *wanted* a busy and full life free of alcohol, I'm not sure I knew what to expect!! I'm busy - that's for sure. I volunteerd today at a local woman's shelter so if that works out, looks like things will get busier.

Have an awesome day / evening / week everyone!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Sept 22 Monday

Hi Abbers,
                          I can honestly say I'm an abber. 2morrow is day 50 for me. It has not gone without its ups and downs but, for the most part, mostly up. I am just proud and learning every day, thanks to everyone here. I look forward to posting here when I can.
                          Kriger
                          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                          X