Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat. - Sept. 27 - Daily Thread

Dear Friends:

Last night we had a pot-luck supper w/some friends, & I'm happy to say that I stayed AF. For the 6 people that were drinking, about two-thirds of a large bottle of white wine, about half of a bottle of red wine, & 3 beers were consumed. Whenever I'm around normal drinkers, I'm always struck by how much more drinking there would have been if I'd been imbibing. As we were cleaning up, I dumped out wine left in glasses. That's just not something I would do...leave wine in my glass.

Once the first few minutes of the party passed, after my husband poured everyone's first drink, I was fine. I kept a glass of soda in my hand & busied myself in the kitchen.

Thanks for being here MWO. I couldn't have done it wo/all of you here. Today, I feel fine & remember everything about last night.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

That's great Mary! Proud of you! I too never left a drink unfinished. That feeling in the AM is a nice reward isn't it?

Last night I dreamed I was at a party and sucking down alcohol when I realized I'm not supposed to drink and it was too late. I felt this wierd feeling of doom.Don't remember the rest of the dream but vividly remember that feeling.

Had lunch with a friend and we used to ALWAYS split a bottle of wine. We had waters. She is yet another GF who because of me is drinking much less by taking a good look at thier own drinking patterns. Have to admit the bottle of wine used to be nice though. Cheaper lunch now.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hello Abbers,

Just checking in. I am doing well. Have no desire to drink at the moment.

I hope all have a wonderful Saturday.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

nc feeling isnt it teach,i to was at aparty last nt,watched some get pretty juiced,my oldest daughter also talked to me the so called alkie,about what was happening with her,she has started to drink to much also,the funny thing i lerned 7 months ago this symton is hereditary its passed along thro generations my kids are 5 percent higher to get it then the non drinker but tht doesnt mean the non drinkercant get it cause it can like other deseaes skip generations and then pow eeee i wish you well and keep up the good work gyco

Comment

Hey RET, I know what you mean about how much more drinking would go on. And I tend to look at people who are normal and can moderate with envy. I would have cleared that large bottle of wine on my own. Yet they are fortunate enough to be able to control themselves. I have to just be focusing on being fortunate enough to control my not drinking right now.
          When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

Every time I go through a social event (especially if it's at my home) & stay sober, I feel like a new connection is being made in my brain. Old patterns fall away as we do things differently. Mary
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Retteacher- Is your name Mary? How did you come up with the user name Retteacher. Are you a teacher?
              When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

MormanMom: I'm a retired teacher, thus the Retteacher moniker. I taught Special Education at the high school level for 25 years. Mary is my given name.
                October 3, 2012

Comment

retteacher;424350 wrote: MormanMom: I'm a retired teacher, thus the Retteacher moniker. I taught Special Education at the high school level for 25 years. Mary is my given name.
                  Bless your heart for teaching so many years :wings:
                  :l
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

LTG: Thank you so much. Teaching can be thankless at times. I enjoyed my years in the classroom & am happy to be retired. My daughter is a 6th grade teacher, so I must have been a pretty good role model. Mary
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Happy Saturday AB-friends far and wide!

Mary, very well done! enjoy your accomplishments and all of your 'now' moments.

I had a ball last night at the grand opening at Dx's new sporting goods store. the place is hooooge. almost 300,000 square feet of sporting goods! a guys dream come true I think I'll just shove my paycheck in the mail slot hahahaha.
                      so I wondered around the new store drinking a starbucks (at 7:30pm) and eating fudge....oh man.
                      This weekend I'll just be taking it easy and resting up my stupid finger. Been invited to a friends house next Friday for "pub night" which I used to eagerly look forward to as an excuse to chemically poison myself (seems so ridiculous now).

be well friends!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

I can't quite remember when those transitions took place from me being a light drinker to a normal drinker to a occasional binger to a heavy drinker to a problem drinker to an alcoholic drinker. I know they happened, but I couldn't put a date on any of it. Maybe it doesn't matter at this point. What does matter is that I see the progression of my drinking. I must not forget that it took a long, long time for me to get to where I am now. I'm not going to recover overnight. Mary
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

happy Sat!

Hey all, kudos to everyone being AF last night and most likely today.................day 19 for me, going on 20 for sure!!! I am feeling pretty good and clear................why do/did I ever drink in the first place!? not for fun or to relax, I can do those things just fine on my own, thank you very much!!

Just wanted to add my 2-cents worth today..................:H

Everyone keep up the good work!:goodjob:

lots of love,:l:h:l

MA
                          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
                          X