Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct 2 Thursday daily

Good morning,

NO KIDS HOME SICK FROM SCHOOL TODAY.....YIPEEE!!

Well about sums up my day, now back to the grind. I feel great today and looks like I am not alone

Happy day to all, omw
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Oct 2 Thursday daily

Morning OMW
    Wow!!!...seems like forever since you have been without sick kiddos...now what will you do with all that peace and quiet??....hmmmm
    Feelin good here, content, but know I have some stuff I should be working on.....smoking is a biggie, not that I am even contemplating quitting.....but I need to at least put in the effort to cut back....and I'm not.....Can't seem to get motivated to exercise...have the equipment (treadmill, eliptical)....Heck, its not like I don't have the time.......Oh well, things on my "to do" list!!!

Hope everyone to follow has a great day!
    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Oct 2 Thursday daily

OMW and Charlee,

Good day from the deep south.

Glad kids are on the mend, OMW. Enjoy the respite!!

Charlee, I very much need to start exercising and I, too, need to work on the smoking thing. I am absolutely certain it is not helping my health issues at all.

Det, Mary, and everyone else to come, have a great day today.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Oct 2 Thursday daily

Happy Thursday ABland!

for some reason I thought yesterday was thu...? lost a day somehow. oh well.

glad for you OMW! today should feel like a holiday eh?

last night I did a couple rounds of kickboxing (less the boxing due to sore finger) which felt great.

glad to hear smoking is on the "kick it" list. icky stuff indeed. I still cant' believe that as an asthmatic I used to smoke and inhale cigars when I was drinking. barf! the insane things al can lead us to.....

be well my friends
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Oct 2 Thursday daily

Hi Everyone: I was in bed yesterday all day w/a 24 hour bug. That sort of thing usually doesn't happen to me. While I was lying there, I had a lot of time to think. I remembered the last time I was really sick w/severe bronchitis (in 2006). I can't imagine why, but in the middle of it, I decided I needed to drink & had 1/2 bottle of wine. Needless to say, w/all the meds & congestion, I got violently ill. I threw up so much, my poor husband got scared. He called my daughter who had to get her mother-in-law to b-sit the kids. She came over, & together they were able to get me into bed. My husband didn't know what had happened & was an inch away from bringing me to the hosp. Again, I can't imagine why I'd do something so crazy as that, but I guess that's what alcoholism does to a person.

Thank God, this time, I wouldn't even think about it (drinking).

I hope all is well w/everyone. OMW, I know all about the sick-kid syndrome. My daughter had it last year: everything from flu to pink eye. Good luck...keep washing those little hands.

Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Oct 2 Thursday daily

Mary,

I hope you feel much better today.

I can totally relate to drinking while sick. Madness, isn't it?

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Oct 2 Thursday daily

How could I possibly think adding alcohol (poison) to an already sick body would do anything but make me that much sicker? I'm so happy to happy, healthier, & sober today. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
              X