Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Oct 3rd

Good morning,

I have just enough time to check in as I have a lot on my plate this morning. I think today is 49 days for me. I?m keeping my; don't get complacent goal on my mind. Funny though, I have not been craving this week. We have worked hard at keeping stress to a minimum here (that?s a joke) Stress and complacency are the kiss of death for me.
    The main motivator for me now is how great I feel, I don?t want to go back to where I came from!

At any rate, I hope everyone is alright. I hope you have a great weekend! I?ll try and check in later this afternoon.

Hope you're feeling better Mary!!

omw
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Friday Oct 3rd

OMW,

Wow, you sound great!! I agree, stress and complacency are both major trip ups if you don't use care. Stress because your mind gets so busy and so worked up you can't even think your way through things, complacency because that little piece of your brain goes "see, you're okay, one won't hurt."

Geez. It is an ongoing battle but one so worth the fight.

I am doing fine on the drinking front right now, myself. I have absolutely no desire to drink at all. It is weird. I haven't been without the desire for a long time. Like 30+ years or so. Not going to look this gift horse in the mouth, just taking it and running with it.

Mary, Det, Beck and all, please have a fabulous Friday. We deserve it.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Friday Oct 3rd

WOW to you Cinders!

Hey, no desire, maybe Rhonda just took a while to "kick in"??? I am soooooooooo happy for you, isn't it nice?? That desire, thinking about drinking, obsessing about "when I can drink again", "what I am going to drink" when I do........................ALL GONE!! I am truly happy, as I can deal w/ all the other things in my life without AL at all...........it is like I never drank, really!! I am sooooooooooo relieved!!

Enough about this, OMW, you are doing GREAT!! 49 days is awesome!!!:goodjob:

Everyone else to check in today, be well, happy Friday, whatever other tidings are appropriate!!

I am going to the gym shortly, working on finishing up a book shelf/library we have built, stocking all the books/cds/dvds onto it. Then working on "feeding my joy" by painting a picture (finishing it probably??) of my two horses (which I have been working on for almost a year...............took that long thanks to AL butting in and taking over so many of my days!! What a WASTE!!:upset

love you guys, really!!:h:l:h

MA
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Friday Oct 3rd

Mary Anne,

I so truly want you to know how much it makes my heart sing with joy to hear you doing so well. I heard such sadness and desperation in your voice before you went to see Rhonda and it made me so sad.

I thank God with all my heart you are so happy and doing so well. :l

Enjoy your new life my friend. It is a precious gift you have been given.

Much love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Friday Oct 3rd

This thread is so amazingly motivating. I too haven't had any cravings of late.

Last night before I fell asleep, I thought about the concept of "bottoming out." I had many experiences in which I thought I had bottomed out...only to go back to drinking once the guilt & shame ebbed.

What has happened to me in the year & a half since I've been here at MWO is a series of AF periods & a series of stumbles. None of the relapses were as severe as my pre-MWO drinking, but I did have a few binges. I'm finding that the desire to drink is falling away on its own. I honestly don't feel the alcoholic grip the way I used to. I can only hope this feeling lasts, but I will never give up my struggle toward an AF life. That is how I want to live.

I watched last night's debate w/some friends, & there were a couple of bottles of wine (red & white) being shared. It didn't faze me in the least. Drinking selzer felt natural, & I'm happy to say the host laid some in just for me.

Sometimes I remember the drinking days before MWO & I shudder. I couldn't be happier that I'm here.

Love, Mary

PS: I often think about the people who have passed through MWO. Have they completely recovered & don't need to be here? If so, great! If not, & you're lurking, please come back & share...especially if you're having a hard time. We've all been where you are. None of us are above or below...junior or senior. We're all looking for a better life ODAT. Come back if you feel the need. No embarrassment, no shame.
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Friday Oct 3rd

Aloha Friday AB friends near and far!

what a marvelously happy thread to start our days with. so much great insight from all of you i just want to give you all a big hug XXXXXXX

when I tried to watch the debates last night (didn't get far) I didn't want to drink...I wanted to take peyote and live in a teepee for the rest of my life. hahahahahaha. sorry.

Dx and I are going to a "pub night" at a friends place tonight. a drinking-heavy type of event but I'm feeling good and strong. If I feel I need to I can always go home since it's only about 3 blocks away. I usually bring some gadgets to fiddle with such as my home made flashlights/lasers etc so I spend time outside farting around being my nerdy self when I need a break. I can be in a packed room for a little while but need to take breaks.

this marathon to be AF will indeed never end so lets be sure to smell the roses along the way.

be well friends
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Friday Oct 3rd

No desire

Cinders,
              Congrats! Good for you. I was so smashed the other night and I fell and could have ended up in the emergency room. I had to go to 2 funerals the next day, and in the churches, I started thinking and praying.
              I realized that the best times of my life have occurred when I was sober....the birth of a child, pregnancy, the marriage ceremony, the engagement, graduations, travels, etc. I don't drink during the day....and I almost only drink white wine, but I want the whole bottle. And the worst times have been when I was drunk.
              So, I decided to quit. Forget the cocktail hour....I play games on the computer or read...my husband doesn't really 'get it,' but I pray that I do. Drinking until drunk every night is a slow form of suicide.
              I am trying for total abstinence. One day at a time.
              But the craving is gone. I don't need it physically. I think it is psychological and social. More later, but the best part is no craving. I really think that I can get by without the wine and lose some weight, too, as wine makes me crave sweet and salty food in large portions.
              Thanks to all of you.

Comment

Friday Oct 3rd

Mary & other abbers,

PS: I often think about the people who have passed through MWO. Have they completely recovered & don't need to be here? If so, great! If not, & you're lurking, please come back & share
                I agree w/Mary. I too wonder where all our abs friends who have passed through over these past many months are and how they are doing.

I know that is the motivation that got me started and in many ways the new posts here keep me going.

I am looking forward to another wonderful AF weekend and I hope you are too.

Take care,

July

Comment

Friday Oct 3rd

readytotry
                  Have just read your last post - very interesting and inspiring about the best times in your life being sober ones - very true for me too. My best times were all AF - passing exams, graduation, wedding, brilliant holidays, running marathons,birth of my children etc etc Hope this thought helps a lot of people
                  Hang on to that thought !

Comment

Working...
                  X