Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, Oct 6

Good morning abbers,

First, I would like to extend a big thank you for all the wishes, advise, direction and encouragement. All was taken as intended. It is difficult to comprehend something I do not understand. Words from those who have been there done that really help. I do understand addiction and feelings of inadequacy; I know that we will get through this too. She and I had some good dialog last night, she knows we care and she is loved, that is a start. Thanks!

Busy day today, lots of catch up on from the weekend. I just want to keep my focus and stay positive. Thank you all for your unwavering support!
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Monday, Oct 6

OMW......Your daughter knows you love her and care..I would say your conversation last night is a terrific start!!!...You have opened the door for more dialogue, so I hope you will hold on to the feeling of encouragement......
    Brrrrr this morning in the Northeast, wish I could just hang out in my jammies, but off to work!!
    Hope everyone has a great beginning to their week....
    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Monday, Oct 6

Good morning!

Hey OMW, Charlee.....................and all who follow! I am having an already frustrating day, turns out all the unemployment I have applied for (not an easy process!) is on hold until I claim 2 more weeks, (which I don't think I can do as I will be working by then!!??).........then, I was told, there will be "an investigation", then I will receive payment for the initial 3 weeks of unemployment!!! HOW ANNOYING!!!!!! I mean, how am I supposed to pay bills!??? I just thought the $$ was in my account, good thing I checked my checking balance, and good thing I transferred $2000.00 from savings a month ago...............I would be bouncing checks all over the place.

Well, got that out..................but still frustrated!!! I won't drink over it though(the OLD me would be off and running right now!) Thank GOD for Lenair, that is all I can say.........

OMW, hope you keep the dialogue open, that is one of the many things lacking in my family at your daughter's age..........good for you, talking openly last night.

lots of love and hugs to all!!!:l:l:h:h

MA
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Monday, Oct 6

Hi Everyone:

OMW: The love & support for your daughter is EVERYTHING. You'll all come through this w/a better understanding of each other. Everything happens for a reason.

For myself: I feel strong today. I was AF all weekend & feel great for it. Sat. night we went to a housewarming party, & I barely glanced at the wine on the drinks table. I was able to concentrate on socializing instead of when & how much I could drink wo/anyone noticing. Big burden off my back. I met another retired teacher & her husband, & we're all planning on getting together later this month. I would NEVER have done that if I had been trying to guzzle as much as possible. I would have been much too afraid she'd notice me slurring, so I wouldn't have even talked to her.

Tomorrow is my first day as a parent volunteer in my g-son's Kindergarten class. We're both excited.

Take care, Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Monday, Oct 6

Good Morning! OMW, let me apologize. I meant to post a reply to your thread yesterday, but got side tracked by my kids. Did you approach her? How old is she? And how frequently does she say she's doing this? I delt with the same thing when I was 17. I learned it from my friend, though she was a little more serious about it. We both pahsed out of it. If she's already skinny and healthy, it might just be because of the control issue. Bulimia, just like anorexia, is about controlling something in your life. You might not have control of all the things around you, but that's one thing YOU can control. By controlling the amount of food allowed in their body, they feel like they're the one's in charge. Unfortunately, those who get too involved in it lose control. If your daughter tells you she doesn't do it often, just keep an eye on her. Watch her closely (but not conspicuously) after she eats a meal. This is the time when they head straight to the bathroom to purge. Listen for signs in the bathroom: water running so you won't hear her gagging, tiolet flushing more than once, watery red eyes when she comes out. Remind her of the physical aspects if she were to get caught up in doing something like this on a regular basis: sunken swollen eyes, rotting teeth because of the acids coming up, and though you don't think of it, a smell that your body excretes because of the flow of these stomach acids. I hope this works itself out and that it is only a phase. Stay Strong!!
          When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

Monday, Oct 6

late check in for garlic breath! whew. I had to switch to my cellular modem to connect to MWO....??? I can browse any other website except MWO on my regular internet service which is so weird.

at any rate I've got some catching up to do. glad to see you all

be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
            X