Sabotage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sabotage

Yesterday my sis, who had visiting our parents stopped on her way back to town. Of course she bought me a nice bottle of wine, I put it in the wine rack, the rack that is now full of the AF wine that I have stock piled and not had the guts to try. I will give it to someone this weekend.

She knows I am a work in progress?.although I have never come out and said ?I?m an alcoholic, no more wine please? I have stated many times I have a problem stopping once I start. My sis is the most wonderful and kind person I know. She would never do anything to hurt me. Some how I think she may feel abandoned or rejected by her drinking bud?Lord knows we could float an ocean liner in the wine we?ve consumed together. I think she is trying to get me back online. So, anyone have a situation like this arise?? I think I am going to fess up and tell her I?m done drinking and trying hard to get healthy. Maybe she should join me.

nat
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Sabotage

Yeah nat I think the best thing to do here is to be very honest with her. If she is accustomed to drinking with you, and if you are NOT completely clear with her, she will feel it's OK to pressure you a bit to "have a drink" with her.

wip

Comment

Sabotage

I wouldn't read too much into it. My mother has frowned on my drinking for years, but sometimes when she needs a gift she gives me a bottle of fancy gin. I don't think she's ever put 2+2 together. It's just an old habit of hers and she "knows" I'll use it up sooner or later.

Pass the wine off to a neighbor. If anything mention something else that's good: You know what I want for Christmas is Gourmet Coffee beans or something like that...

Comment

Sabotage

OMW,

I'm with WIP - just be honest with her. If she decides to join you, that's a win as you can support each other - just don't pressure her though.
        Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Sabotage

Beck;449341 wrote: OMW,

I'm with WIP - just be honest with her. If she decides to join you, that's a win as you can support each other - just don't pressure her though.
          ditto
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Sabotage

OMW: I haven't made any big pronouncements (i.e. I am an alcoholic). I have told people that my body no longer tolerates alcohol the way it used to. I've said that I don't get much out of drinking any more. Now, most folks have soft drinks (which I really like) stocked up for me. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Sabotage

Throw it out!

I don't know - I may be a little extreme but, I say get all the wine together in a box and walk it out to the trash right now. Deal with your sister later - take care of your self NOW - remove the temptation.:h

Comment

Sabotage

she is your sister and she loves you. tell her the truth. she may be someone you need to lien on. Never enough of those.

Comment

Sabotage

Waiting, your perspective is a good one? since you?re on the other side of the fence, thanks.
                  SS?.I?m around 75 days sober, not going to blow it now, I love the way I feel and look?no back pedaling. The wine has a new home, gave it to a friend with a new house.

Ab crew, BTW I did try one of the AF wines?..it was really gross. Those may go out to the street.
                  I do think there is something up with my sis. She told our mom about my medical tests. This was after I asked her not to mention it until I had all the results in. Her drinking habits are similar to what mine were, I think she does feel abandoned. I love her a lot she is wonderful sis, she is my best bud. I think we really need to have a heart to heart. I will do that tomorrow. Going to an office thingy tonight?..with my Starbucks!

nat
                  Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Working...
                  X