Wed Oct 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wed Oct 29

Good morning, I think yesterday was a learning thread, thank you all who added and participated. I did start a tool box thread; please add your tools to it?. I don?t want to be a thread hog.

I am now at the point I really need to watch complacency. I feel pretty good and I can?t let myself forget how bad I felt before. I have and have seen so many others crash and burn at this time.

9 hours of sleep (good sleep) I am ready to rock today. I?m going to wk today, kinda like helping hubby from home and only working at other the place when they need me?.till summer of course.

Peace and happiness to you all.

nat
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Wed Oct 29

Morning
    Yesterday we had some great stuff going on..we can never have enough tools, what works for some, may or may not work for others...The holidays will soon be here, this can be a tricky time for party goer's......so again thank you for starting the tool box thread Omw.....
    Complacency is something I need to keep forefront of my head. For me, never forgetting those last days before I took the AF plunge is key. I need to always remember. Time has a way of pushing those horrid memories further and further back, I just keep moving it up. I have to....
    Somedays I think it is time for an MWO break, but it is one of the tools I find that keeps me grounded....Now, spending a little less time here might be something I need to work on!
    Hope everyone to follow has a great day...
    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Wed Oct 29

Good Morning OMW and Charlee,

I say good morning even though it's just gone midday here..Catching up on the (real ) sleep has just gone through the roof..I had a moan on here yesterday..Which looking back now was a "Poor me" moan..I read here..Took on board some much needed advice..Thankyou..

Excuses...Excuses ..Excuses...When it should be Reasons..Reasons...Reasons

I slept from around 5pm till 9-30pm...Watched a bit of Most Haugnted..Then 11pm..Till 11am this morning...
      Woke up thinking...Jesus i feel good...Batteries fully charged for the first time in years..
      Started doing what normal people do aswell..Wake up..Brush teeth...Shower...Iron clothes..Hoover round...Things people take for granted..Make me feel like im back in the human race..

Speak soon with all to come..

Thanks for being here..

Love Macks:l
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Wed Oct 29

Good morning all! Macks it is GREAT to hear you feeling so much better!

OMW that thread is a great idea. I will hop in and add something soon.

Charlee, yeah, sometimes I feel the need to back off on MWO participation somewhat, but I worry about it when I have thoughts about not needing it at all... I suspect I will always need some kind of AF support group. I keep thinking about going back to AA for some face-to-face support, and yet I just don't want to deal with a lot of the AA-style thinking. The stuff about "character defects," in particular, drives me up a wall.

Christmas (and other) "holiday" time is a big trigger for me, a trigger that lasts for months. Oh well. I have managed it before and I will do it this time, too!

Hoping everyone is doing well....

wip

Comment

Wed Oct 29

Macks
          Whoda thunk we could get "real sleep" without the help of AL......I used the booze as my "sleep aid" for many a year, and that was one of the biggest fears when I went AF......Tough the first week or so but woke up feelin good no matter how little sleep I got. Yes, those little things, brushing teeth, showering, everything "normal" folks did....Yup, we are back amongst the living.......
          You are sounding so positive.....Keep those batteries charged!!!!
          sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Wed Oct 29

Yesterday's thread was great! OMW, don't ever worry about being a thread hog. I so look forward to your threads when I open up MWO. I started down the AL path when I started the whole "small glass of something to fall asleep" syndrome. Now when I'm tossing & turning, I, at least have the satisfaction of falling asleep unimpaired.

Triggers:
            -Over-doing - leads to needing something to "relax."
            -Over-responsibility for others' feelings, moods, & conflicts - leads to needing something to "escape."
            -Visual images - Chilled bottles in the fridge.

Tools:
            -Thinking very specifically about the lovely events that were spoiled by my over-consumption.
            -Knowing very definitely that I can never have just one, two, three, or even four. I'll always go way overboard.
            -Having nothing in the house to drink.

As far as complacency, I've done some pretty nice AF stretches (not lately unfortunately) only to have them broken by the thoughts:
            -"I can have just one."
            -"I'm not all that bad."
            -"Everyone else can, why can't I."

I don't harbor any thoughts about leaving MWO at this point. There are folks who have, & I wonder what happened. Perhaps, there happily & productively AF. If not, you're always welcomed back (if you are reading).

See you all later. We're in the middle of a home-improvement project, so I've got to go.

Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Wed Oct 29

Morning all
              Well I made it - my two days AF goal was achieved last night when I went to bed. So happy. I think I just want to try for two more days, - small steps.

I have a Halloween party commng up... I think I will take some non AL beer to the party for myself. Worse case i will get a beer - go to the bath room and pore it out and fill it up with water
              (have done this before- works well) Maybe avoiding the "I'm not drinking" conversation is a cop-out but -I find it easier to avoid it when I am feeling weak.

Charlie - You crack me up - it is so true how the little things are so much easier when your head isn't pounding and your mouth isn't watering! - Oh my god, I love not being hung over.

I think we all have recognized that "danger zone" of sobriety where we start feeling good enough, that we think we can handle it again, I am really going to watch out for that since I am only 2 days in.

Reteacher - We have the same triggers - I am an over do-er, and have alway's drank to make my mind slow down so i can relax. - What I am doing to combat that is trying to get in a hard work out every day. but, i know my schedule will not always allow this - any suggestions on how you deal with this aspect?

Comment

Wed Oct 29

Ok ready to put down some triggers

1.Family occasions
                2.Watching football on TV
                3.Allowing myself to sit and think about it
                4.Feeling sorry for myself
                5.Blaming others
                6.I was going to say bordem...But for me there is no excuse for being bored...Just my lack of imagination..
                7.Routine..

How to combat this??

1.Dont go to family occassions..(for now at least)
                2.Listen to the match on the radio..(I'm sure Manchester UTD will still be threre next season)
                3.As soon as i start to think of drink...Get up and do something..ANYTHING.
                4.Easy one...I should be feeling sorry for my family..
                5.Nobody makes me drink..That is up to me..
                6.At the end of the day there is nothing more boring than sitting and wollowing in your own self pitty..
                7. Routine..See number 6

Comment

Wed Oct 29

Top of the day ABerooos!

loverly to see you all at my favourite cyber home.

Mackeral, so glad your getting on top of your sleep...things will fall into place soon.

tools: well my latest is understanding that my sobriety can be a gift to others (per the post in general). that still just makes me happy to think about it.

Man, I'm so sore today! first night back at jiu jitsu last night in waaay too long. great feeling

be well everyone
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Wed Oct 29

Hey Everyone,
                    Didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but caught up on the thread. Sunny congrats on making it through the first two days and best wishes for the next two. And Sunny, if for some reason you decide not to drink at that Halloween party, you'll be amazed at how the guests look through sober eyes. In the beginning, you'll be dying to have a drink with them. But the drunker everyone gets around you, the more obnoxious they act. You end up thankful that you didn't drink. If you choose the moderation road, best wishes to you to accomplish that goal.
                    When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

Wed Oct 29

Congrats Sunny. Keep it up. It is well worth it.

Things are going well for me. I'm keeping Busy doing a lot of Work at home and in the office.
                      Relationship is good. Family is good. I genrally feel ok.
                      Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Wed Oct 29

Bed time for me guys...Sorry for being selfish the last couple of days...I feel like all im going on about is me me me...I promise i will be more supportive in the near future..

But i have got day 3 under my belt...Along with a bag of chips..A bag of chocolate raisens..A bottle of cola..And a fy-up..

I know thats not the way to go but i have'nt done a day 3 in 2 years..So Fu*k it...One night of indulging the tastespuds will do me no harm in the long run..

Keep strong all..And good night

Love Macks:l

Comment

Wed Oct 29

Supersunny,
                          Great idea - pour out the beer in the bathroom and fill it with water!!!!! I'll use that one. Thank you.

j-vo
                          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
                          X