Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOVEMBER 1st DAILY THREAD

Happy November To Everyone!!!!:h
    When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Late good morning!!

Had a lot of fun at our get together there were about 25 people here. Had no time to drink, that is a good thing because I was pretty stressed out (my trigger biggie) I made the sloppy joe pizzas CS04 had in the recipe corner. They looked like jack lanterns and the kiddies loved it.

I miss those of you have not checked in for a while?you?re always welcome back. I am going to make a point to exercise more this month, I?ll try and do something daily. It seems to be one of my best tools.

Have a great day!!

nat
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Yes I'm writing twice. Reason: Sometimes we tend to cross post during our daily thread (not to be confused with "our daily bread" Hee! hee!) 'cause two of us are starting it at the same time.
      First of all, unless we cross-post, Mary & Nat- How'd ya'll do? Was thinking of you last night.
      It's an AWESOME hangover-free Saturday morning and I hope all you abbers are feeling that same grateful feeling. I needed to get a jump start on my day, so decided to revisit my 80's past and am listening to The Cure. WOW! First time I've listened to this CD while not intoxicated. If my BF is reading this post, she'll recall our nostalgic dance fests to the songs on this CD.
      As funny as it sounds, as I was out last night, and when I woke up this morning, I could not wait to get online and share my feeling of strength with all of you. That's the great thing about MWO: there's no waiting 'til an 8:00 meeting, or a call to a sponsor. It's at your finger tips to share at any given moment, day or night.
      Anywho, after taking the kids trick or treating, I went out with a couple girlfriends. We ended up at a bar with a live band and lots of Halloween revelers. First of all, call me old, but after many a years spent in that scene, I was reminded how happy I am to be a home body now. I was watching the intoxicated people bop around, alcohol bloated girls falling out of the so-called "sexy" costumes. Remember those days? See how sexy we can look to go out drinking? Boobs hangin' out? The beer belly we didn't notice at the time being squeezed into that skirt that's one size too small? Ahhh yes. Saw it all. Don't miss it. Then as we ended up at our second bar, and one of my friends was sloppy drunk, I was even more happy to be sober. Sure I pigged out on a whole plate of Supreme Nachos with extra guacamole and sour cream, but I didn't drink. And though I feel a lil' groggy from staying out 'til past 2:00am (remember, I'm a stay at home mom who's usually in bed by 9:00!), I am ecstatic not to have a hang over. I have a long run to do this morning and it feels great to know that I'm not going to blow it off because of the poisoning of alcohol in my blood.
      Another sober wake-up. Yeeeeeee Haaaaaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

OMW, I was thinking the very same thing this morning, starting some exercise. I really should...the pounds are starting to fall off as I haven't been drinking beer and munching--though I have 3 kids worth of Hallowe'en candy in my house!

Hope everyone had a good time yesterday......man was I tired from walking around last night, plus I worked all day.....hit me hard last night as I was going to watch a movie with my husband and I fell asleep for the end!

Hope everyone has a great day and is doing well! Happy Nov 1st!

Christy
        AF July 6 2014

Comment

MormonMom;457600 wrote: Yes I'm writing twice. Reason: Sometimes we tend to cross post during our daily thread (not to be confused with "our daily bread" Hee! hee!) 'cause two of us are starting it at the same time.
          First of all, unless we cross-post, Mary & Nat- How'd ya'll do? Was thinking of you last night.
          It's an AWESOME hangover-free Saturday morning and I hope all you abbers are feeling that same grateful feeling. I needed to get a jump start on my day, so decided to revisit my 80's past and am listening to The Cure. WOW! First time I've listened to this CD while not intoxicated. If my BF is reading this post, she'll recall our nostalgic dance fests to the songs on this CD.
          As funny as it sounds, as I was out last night, and when I woke up this morning, I could not wait to get online and share my feeling of strength with all of you. That's the great thing about MWO: there's no waiting 'til an 8:00 meeting, or a call to a sponsor. It's at your finger tips to share at any given moment, day or night.
          Anywho, after taking the kids trick or treating, I went out with a couple girlfriends. We ended up at a bar with a live band and lots of Halloween revelers. First of all, call me old, but after many a years spent in that scene, I was reminded how happy I am to be a home body now. I was watching the intoxicated people bop around, alcohol bloated girls falling out of the so-called "sexy" costumes. Remember those days? See how sexy we can look to go out drinking? Boobs hangin' out? The beer belly we didn't notice at the time being squeezed into that skirt that's one size too small? Ahhh yes. Saw it all. Don't miss it. Then as we ended up at our second bar, and one of my friends was sloppy drunk, I was even more happy to be sober. Sure I pigged out on a whole plate of Supreme Nachos with extra guacamole and sour cream, but I didn't drink. And though I feel a lil' groggy from staying out 'til past 2:00am (remember, I'm a stay at home mom who's usually in bed by 9:00!), I am ecstatic not to have a hang over. I have a long run to do this morning and it feels great to know that I'm not going to blow it off because of the poisoning of alcohol in my blood.
          Another sober wake-up. Yeeeeeee Haaaaaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          You are amazing!!!!! Good job!!! I laughed at the bar girls description!!! I had a vivid picture in my mind!!!! Too funny!
          AF July 6 2014

Comment

I too need to start an exercise program.

Mormon mom, I liked your post about last night. Maybe I should have gone out. I bailed on a night out last night. I was invited to go with a GF and her sister to dress up and go to a bar. Big busy bar. Big football game today so it would be jammed with costumed drinking college age people. But I didn't want to say why I didn't want to go as I didn't want her to not consider me in the future. I said I couldn't make it this time (answer machine thank goodness) but appreciated the offer as I have a lot of free time being newly single. I didn't have a costume or any ideas either. Maybe I need to extend myself more.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Wow, I am impressed, Mormon Mom!! I agree, the bar scene is not for me anymore! I tend to avoid it like the plague now!
              Going to SIL's today to watch the Huskers play. Will be lots of drinking, but hubby and I actually had a nice talk about it last night. I said I'd go if we came home right after the game. We agreed that would give me a good excuse not to drink and not have to catch any grief about it. (Normally we would get drunk and spend the night) So I'm ok with it.

Maybe we need to add a little exercise motivation to this thread. I also have fallen off the exercise wagon lately!! I'm going to start my walking and biking routine again Monday!

:h:goodjob:
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Happy November ABeroooos!!

MormonMom, loved your post, thanks for the vivid bar scene flashbacks LOL I can almost feel the cigarette burn from some drunk moron not paying attention.

Christy I love your avatar! I'm a huge UFC fan. I haven't missed one since UFC2. Anderson Silva is so skilled he is poetry in motion.

ATT great to see you pop in here last night.

I recall (vaguely) halloweens of past where I went to bed so early because I "wasn't feeling too good". leaving my poor Dx to make some lame excuse for whey I disappeared to bed. and I guess if anyone slugged down 3 bottles of red wine in less than two hours they wouldn't feel good either. d-uh!

well Halloween consisted of me staying home in my slippers and pajamas on MWO chat slurping down soda waters. and I loved it! didn't get a single trick-or-treeter so it was my solemn duty to polish off the mini chocolate bars. But I also had an apple so that evens it out eh? hahaha!

going to my jiu jitsu class this morning to burn off the sweets.

be well my friends
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greeneyes, thank you for that observation. I tend to hide out at home too much now myself.
                  it's tempting for me to become a hermit and I don't think that's too healthy.

hmmmmm
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Determinator--I am a HUGE fan!!! I am very excited about the fight coming in December, Forrest Griffin and Rachad Evans. Interesting! There are a few others that will make for an excellent card!

I must admit, I am a hermit as well. For some reason, I have turned inward and not so much pushed people away, but I much prefer the comforts of my home! I can't even say it was because I stopped drinking, but even before that......
                    AF July 6 2014

Comment

Mormon Mom:

I too woke up feeling grateful for being a member of MWO. I came here Apr. 07 & was drinking alot 3 - 5 times @ week (at least). I'd just recover from one bout only to go into another. Once I joined MWO, the AF days have way, way outnumbered the drinking days. I'm planning for this AF run to last forever.

We went to my daughter & son-in-law's Halloween party last night, & there was plenty of booze to go around...everything from beer to twisted tea to Smirn. ice to spiked cider. It felt so good to drink the root beer that they put in the fridge just for me. We drove home early so that we could hand out candy here at home, & I doubt if I could have negotiated the roads w/all those trick or treaters crisscrossing.

I'm taking care of my sobriety. It has changed my life. MM, I too have gone out w/friends & been the only sober person in the group. I see how they degenerate from nice & buzzy to foggy & glassy-eyed. I must admit that parties aren't quite the same as they used to be. We don't stay to the bitter end any more. It's hard to have fun & enjoy if everyone else is plastered.

Anyhow, I'm happy to say that I'm sober & hang-over free today & plan to stay that way throughout the whole weekend.

BTW everyone, my son-in-law has a week-long training next week, & I have to b-sit the grandsons all week. I hope to check in, but if you don't see me on any given day, don't worry...I'll be OK.

Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Hello, Everyone!!

What a positive thread today. It is great to read how well everyone is doing.

Christy, LVT, Det, I know what you mean about being a hermit. Some days, even when I really need to go to the store and get something, I won't do it. Especially if I am feeling weak and vulnerable. I am afraid I night "eye" the bottles of wine in the store and snatch on up.

I can't even imagine going to a bar with friends and staying AF!!

I hope I get to the point where I can. I want to enjoy life but I must protect my sobriety.

Like everyone has said, it sure was good to stay sober all night last night, have fun with the kids, walk with them and my children and their spouses, come home and have an after trick or treat dinner. (My chili was a huge hit, btw. Kids even like it and they are my worst critics!!)

Then, all the grandchildren went to my son's house for an overnighter. Today they come over here and we are going to keep them. They so enjoy that. Despite hubby's grumpiness, especially when he is trying to go to bed, they have so much fun. It is a wonderful feeling to know I will be sober tonight and playing with them until I can't take anymore and make them go to bed.

I absolutely do not want to do anything to endanger these simple pleasures. When I am drunk, I am not allowed to be around them (and rightfully so) so I do whatever it takes to make sure I stay sober.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi:

I've babysat sober & I've babysat drinking (not quite drunk). Sober is infinitely better. Overnights go so much more smoothly & getting up at the crack of dawn isn't the huge sacrifice it is when I've been drinking. My hubbie can be cranky w/our g-sons too, but they love him all the more for it for some reason. I tend to be the one to do everything, but he seems to get all the glory wo/even making much of an effort. Maybe it's that: "you've got to earn my love syndrome" that some men have. Go figure! I just know that I'm a very grateful sober grandma. Mary
                          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi guys...

Just a quick one...Just letting peeps know im still firmly on the wagon...Technically cause its past midnight this is my day 7..one whole week...Wahoooo
                            Also got a new xbox 360..So been glued to that the last 2 days..The novelty will wear off soon...lol..Its just helping to pass time and also let the rest of the family get a look in on the pc..

Take care all....Love Ya:l:l
                            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Hey Mack!

That's AWESOME! Good for you!!!!!

Thanks for letting us know how things are!
                              AF July 6 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X