Tue Oct 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tue Oct 4

Gather ye round ABers far and wide........

well I'm in San Jose on work and this hotel is a tad too close to the freeway so I'm going to have a long sleepy day ahead. At least no lousy drinking dreams last night.

Some of us have been having a hard time with cravings lately and I wonder if it's just a little pre-holiday season jitter? I find myself wondering about NY's eve already and what to do about the social planning since Dx and I normally have a party at our house with our wine enthusiast friends. hmmmmmm. I'm trying not to become a complete hermit but have to protect my healthy lifestyle no matter what.

well, big election day....much craziness is bound to happen so be careful driving you all.

off to find coffee.....

be well my friends
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Tue Oct 4

Good Morning, Det and all to come,

I am sitting in a gorgeous room at the Hilton in Markham Onatario. I ended up in a suite with a dining room table, sofa, chair, large HD flat screen tv, king sized bed, top floor.

Feel like a queen, here!! I have no idea what I did to rate this room, I got it at the regular room rate. It must have been all they had left. Woo Whoo!! Lucky me.

Managed to stay AF in the airport yesterday despite a 3 hour delay. I ate fish tacos, bought a pair of earrings and called a dozen people. :H:H

Hope the rest of my week goes as well in terms of AF. I have spent quite a bit of time in this hotel's bar in the past. Think I will avoid that this week!! But, with the room I have, I am quite comfy and can watch the election results tonight in great comfort.

Hope all have/are voting today. I unfortunately can't because this was a last minute flight and I missed the early voting.

Even the Canadians are excited about the election. It is going to be an incredible voting year. I am grateful to see so many Americans getting out there to vote. In the past few elections, when I walked into my polling place, the rolls had very few highlighted lines, indicating very few people had come in to vote. I'll bet it is totally different there, today.

Take care, everyone and be happy!!

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Tue Oct 4

Hi Everyone-
      Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it seems to me as if a good handful of us do a bit of traveling.
      I felt much better yesterday. As Lvt said, maybe it's just a couple day funk.
      Went to the doctor yesterday. Let her know that since I quit drinking, I'm having a difficult time with the 4-7pm anxiety. That seems to be my witching hour. She gave me some blood pressure meds (also known as beta-blockers). She said it will take the edge off when I feel the anxiousness kicking in. Both her and the pharmacist said that people take it before going on stage for such things as speeches, concerts, public appearances. Cool. I thought. Once my husband found out what she gave me, he WENT OFF!!! "What kind of a quack is this?!!!" You don't give Hi Blood-Pressure meds to someone for agitation. "DON'T TAKE THOSE!!!". Geez Louise! He caused me anxiety just talking about it. I tried to get her to give me Xanax, but she said she would never prescribe those to someone with a history of alcoholism. I know some of you are going to read this and say, "Just learn to develop your coping skills." But any of you with small children, in my case 3 (age 5 & under), will agree that it's easier said than done. Maybe if I started having kids when I was in my mid twenties, it might not have seemed so stressful for me. but I'm only a few years from 40!
      Okay, I'm rambling. Gotta go. Time to go vote. I agree with Cindi. It's AWESOME to see such a voter turn out this year. As if it's not already one for the U.S. History books. I can't wait to see the results and am willing to accept them no matter which way they go. Change is good. Whether it's Republican or Democrat.
      Have an AWESOME day!!!
      When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

Tue Oct 4

Good day all! Cindi--wish I was there with you, I love nice motel rooms! Obviously I don't travel so much like you and Det--I'm sure it gets old.
        Mormon Mom--I am intrigued by the beta blocker for anxiety. I think I have heard of this. good for you for discussing it with your doctor instead of suffering in silence. Maybe if you research it a little hubby will go along. I've had pretty good luck with my moods/anxiety with the GABA. I tried lots of different combinations of the supplements here, and now I just take the Allone in the morning, and True Calm, EPO and Omega 3's before bed. I really do think the supplements are key in this program. Especially in the beginning.
        Yes, I'm off to vote this morning also. However I do this with a heavy heart--because I am very afraid of the outcome. (and that's all I'm going to say about that!)

Have a safe and happy day everyone!:h
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Tue Oct 4

Morning all,

MM, I understand the anxiety while listening to DH rant. Been dealing with that a lot lately. Ironically, that?s my biggest trigger and he is my biggest supporter. WTH??
          I understand the kiddo issues too and feel for you, at one point we had 5 kids age 7 or younger. Wine was my escape after they were all in bed (the whole bottle).

Hang in there it gets better as they age. Hope everyone gets out to vote!!

Have a great day!! nat
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Tue Oct 4

Interesting on the hubby anxiety issue. I ran into that on Saturday. Couldn't get the guy to shut up!! He was going off on everything, from paper work stacked on the kitchen counter - his that was left on the kitchen table. I guess the table is better than the counter?? To "I am working too hard" on my job. To, the car is filthy, you need to wash it. On and on and on.

I forgot to check if he was hungry. Once I fed him, all got better. His mama always warned me that if I wanted him to do anything for me to "Feed the beast first." She knew what she was talking about!! He gets really grumpy when his blood sugar drops.

The anxiety that caused had me really thinking about drinking. Didn't do it but I was surprised how strong the urge was for a bit. Sheesh.

I guess I'll just have to remember to keep him fed. :H:H

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Tue Oct 4

Cindi,
              Are you sure we're not married to twins? Every time you post about your hubbie, I feel like I'm reading about mine!

Comment

Tue Oct 4

MM,

We need to find their handbook and toss it!!

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Tue Oct 4

"I forgot to check if he was hungry. Once I fed him, all got better. His mama always warned me that if I wanted him to do anything for me to "Feed the beast first." She knew what she was talking about!! He gets really grumpy when his blood sugar drops."

Cindi--this is too funny:H:H

I just keep picturing my dh at 500# cause I keep feeding the beast!!!

Trouble is, my hubby won't eat at a normal hour most nights, cause he's drinking beer!
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Tue Oct 4

Just noticed we're back in October!!! Don't I wish!!

Comment

Tue Oct 4

Morning all. Nothing real new to report. I envy you your fancy suite Cindi. But then as another said, I don't travel much. When I do, we do it on the cheap. But I have seen some real nice B & Bs.

Comment

Tue Oct 4

Everyone: I haven't had time to post or read. I've got full-time b-sitting duties. I just wanted to check in. I'm going to read these threads when I have the time. Love, Mary
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

Tue Oct 4

The 'Tues Oct 4' threw me off....I thought, 'Is it possible that NO ONE strated the thread today?' Then I checked...lol!!!

Cindi--you are in Markham? You are about 1.5 hrs from me! How cool! I hope you enjoy your Cdn. stay. We are very hospitable folk!

Well, I have just returned from a very exciting day of the dentist, and getting my nails done....a treat for both the dentist and my 21 days AF! I am thrilled! Soon to be at 30! Who is this chick?????? lol...

Sorry to hear about hubby's...they are like children sometimes, feed or diaper, though thank god it's just feed! Mine might be going through beer withdrawl....see, he doesn't have a drinking problem, but bless his heart, he stopped drinking when I did. The thing is, he really likes to drink the occasional beer. I don't think I am ready to have a supply in the fridge, too much temptation......but I have been debating stopping at the LCBO and grabbing him a couple beers I don't like. I have appreciated his sacrifice.
                          AF July 6 2014

Comment

Tue Oct 4

How funny that we've been posting threads with October in the title for two days now and Christy's the first one to notice. Crack me up!
                            I'm trying to stay busy right now. Getting that urge and getting it strong. Trying to keep busy, but I felt it was important to sign on and look at past posts. Just took my Campral. Hopefully that will help.
                            I got my vote in!! I feel so patriotic!

Comment

Tue Oct 4

Oops! what month is this? did I mention i didn't get much sleep?
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X