Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November 8 Saturday

Morning ab team!!

After a night of little sleep and I?m ready to tackle almost anything. Yesterday Hubs took our footballers out of state to a tourney. I figured I?d sleep great minus the snoring machine, no such luck.
    It really saddens me I could not go but it is too difficult to keep track of autism man when he is out of his element. But I love to watch the kids play. I'll stop crying now, I went last time.

This time of year the temptations seem to be the worst for me. We cut, split and haul a lot of fire wood and you know how ?you deserve al? after hard physical work. Ugh, a hot bath and tea don?t seem to match up. Anyway, I will keep clear of the beer frig.

It amazes me how my resolve can be so firm in the morning and by 10:00pm is has completely crumbled. For me the only way to remedy that is go to bed by 9:00. Addiction sucks.

On that positive note I?m leaving to clean out the garage so I can fit my car in before it snows.

nat
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

November 8 Saturday

Nat- you lil' early riser you! I thought for sure I'd be the first to post today. Thanks for gettin' us started. I was curious, when you said "autism man". Do you have a son with autism? If, I'm correct, doesn't Mackeral have a child with autism? Thought I saw that on one of the posts. Maybe I'm confused.
    Anywho, I'm getting ready to do a run on the treadmill at home. Last time I tried to work out at home, I petered out. I have to get in six miles, so I'm hoping to do it before the kids get up.
    I tried going on MWO while in Spokane. Instead of going to .org, I went to .com and it told me the website was expired. I panicked a little, thinking that MWO was discontinued. Was very glad to get home and find it was just my user error.
    So now it's time for, "Forgive me father, for I have sinned....." I moderated this week. I know. I know. I should know better. I'm 99.9% sure I'm not a moderator, so maybe I should just call it slipping. I had 2 glasses of wine at the hotel in Spokane on Thursday. And then last night when I got home, the hubbie had a leftover beer in the fridge so I drank that. I think that I'm more concerned with the weight gain rather than the addiction itself. Because I have made such progress on exercise and diet, I've lost 5 pounds in the last 4 weeks. This helps to motivate me not to drink. Besides, we all know how drinking increases those taste buds needs for fatty foods like nachos, fried anything, and junk food.
    Well, I'd better get going and hop on that treadmill.
    Everyone have a STUPENDOUS day!
    When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

November 8 Saturday

Morning!!!

MM--I hear you about the weightloss being a huge motivation for weightloss!!! I, too have lost weight since stopping drinking and would like to take more off and keep it off. I am starting an exercise drill starting on Monday, I know, I know, why wait.....I need to psych myself up for it!!!!

OMW--OMG the snoring! I GET it! I don't sleep well because I am such a light sleeper and Mr. Snorebag beside me, oh and lets not forget Mr. SnoreDOG! Drives me nuts! He's away this weekend and I thought I'd be able to sleep in...NOPE! And tomorrow I have to work in the AM so that really SUCKS! I love sleep!

Hope everyone has a great day! Mine consists of laundry and cleaning! Urggggg!
      AF July 6 2014

Comment

November 8 Saturday

Good Morning MM, OMW, Christy and all to come,

I didn't get much MWO time yesterday with all the work and travel. I did love getting home and getting a super night's rest. It felt good to wake up next to dog and hubby. :H

OMW, yes, addiction sucks. We didn't ask for it but we do have to deal with it.

However, there are others with many worse life situations to deal with. I try to remind myself of that when I am in the midst of my pity parties.

Christy, I hate house work!! DIL came and vacumed and mopped house Thurs. It is so nice to have at least that done once a week. The amount of dust and pet fur in my house is amazing. I don't even want to know how much pet hair I breathe in every day.

MM, It is funny. When I quit drinking, I gain weight. WTH?? I hate it but I'd rather be a little bit chubbier than drunk. Much.

Mary, I thought about your last week. I am wondering if the stress of watching the little ones is also a trigger? I do know stress is one of my worst triggers and watching little ones, especially at our ages, is stressful. Just a thought.

I am just so glad to be back home where staying AF is just a little bit easier than when alone in a hotel. Whew!!

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

November 8 Saturday

MM, both; Mack and I.
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

November 8 Saturday

OMW: I do know that feeling of having done a lot of work wanting some kind of liquid reward. I'm just going to have to find something different.

Cindi: I'm sure the stress of b-sitting all day, every day got to me a little. But, I need a new way to combat stress. I'm almost glad I was so awful w/the binging. I can't kid myself anymore into thinking I can have an off day now & then. My poor 63 yr. old body can't handle that kind of drinking.

Thank you all for being here. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

November 8 Saturday

Happy Saturday ABland!

OMW, sorry to hear you are dreading your alone time, but you sounded a bit more positive toward the end of the post. yes addiction sucks doesn't it! arg. it does get better though every day that we get healthier and in a better state of mind. You're doing great and racked up some great AF days...hang tight!

MormonMom, I also tend to eat crap when I'm drinking...dunno what that is but it's crappy!

Cindi! there you are. Glad your home with woofer and hubby.

well, I'm off to the shooting range for a class. for once I get to be the student and learn some things and have fun

be well friends and all to come!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

November 8 Saturday

heya Mary!, doubled with you
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

November 8 Saturday

Still haven't done anything....made pancakes for kids for breaky.....need to get my ass moving.....lol
                  AF July 6 2014

Comment

November 8 Saturday

christy...me either, been farting around on the computer all morning...the garage is calling

Kiddo #1, her team won their first game, gotta love cell phones, pics and all YEAH!!

Comment

November 8 Saturday

Good morning all. On day 8 - and had wicked dreams last night that I had 2 large glasses of wine. It felt so real and I can remember my internal decision making during the dream - So disappointed with myself - but thankful this was ony a dream. Same thing happened the last time that I really committed. Thankfully I woke up feeling really good.

OMW - if you're splitting firewood - I say go get a massage - better than a bath and tea too )

I hope everyone has a great weekend and am glad to be back.

Comment

November 8 Saturday

OMW & Christy GET UP!!!! Get going!! I just walked/ran on the treadmill. Was I tired? Absolutely!! But you just have to get motivated. Of course, I can talk all the trash I want to, yet, here I sit on the computer rather than cleaning my house!!!
                        Ret- watch out for those "kiddo triggers". Why do you think the majority of us on here are moms with small kids? Love 'em to death, but they are a handful. Just learn to put up some boundaries as far as babysitting goes. You can do it. Of course, who am I to talk?
                        When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

November 8 Saturday

OMW...ok did some stuff....delegated as well!!! LMAO! Still have more stuff to do.....floors, dusting, bathrooms.....still the bottomless laundry pit......that never seems to go away.

Have noticed my feet are feeling tingly.....kind of like when they fall asleep but not as severe....hopefully this is it for side effects, can't afford to lose hair!

Mary--Wow, do I hear ya about small kids! I have three of my own and I used to babysit two little boys 2 and 3, OMG..they were a total handful! My youngest daughter who was 4 at the time, couldn't stand the 3 yr old, and he LOVED her...so you can imagine how that worked out.....holy! Thank god I never drank during the day.....they certainly could have driven me to it. Finally, I had to stop watching them, it just got too much. The money was decent, but losing my mind wasn't. Kids are HUGE triggers for me! HUGE!
                          AF July 6 2014

Comment

November 8 Saturday

Splitting wood, kinda funny eh?? When hubs and I first married, he fueled my car for me for nearly a year. Then he figured out I could do that myself and change the oil :H
                            Behind my fluffy facade, I'm not a girly girl.
                            I use a gas log splitter if the wood isn?t frozen. If it is frozen, it?s easy to split. So it sounds I bit better than it really is. I love splitting wood for the first month or so, then it gets old. We normally work as a family, I like that aspect of it. Think it helps kids get a little work ethic.

Comment

November 8 Saturday

Everyone: Many thanks for the encouragement. I'm not using the b-sitting as an excuse. It was my choice to go off my program.

OMW: How do you cope w/being alone w/AL in the house? We don't have any here & that works out for me. I've even heard about bartenders who are recovering alcoholics who have AL at their fingertips at all times & never indulge. The visual stimulii really gets to me.

Anyhow, today, I feel like I could bathe in it & not drink any. I'm so happy to be in my AF program again.

Mary
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X