Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nov 11

Good Morning Ablanders!!

I woke up really early with my eye/head thing but a couple Excedrin and some Sudafed (the real stuff) seems to work as well as anything the doctor's have given me.

So, I am fine now and ready to start my real work day.

I do have a dental appt today for a cleaning, which is one of the great things about being home. I can actually take care of myself for a change!!

I interviewed yesterday and I think it went well. Fingers crossed for me that I will get the position I want. It won't happen really soon but it is in the works. Whew!!

Hope all to come have a great day.

I want to add what Mary and others have said. It doesn't matter if you are struggling right now and unable to maintain AF, what matters is that you try.

This thread is one of my mainstays. It helps to know that we are working towards that common goal. Freedom from alcohol. Freedom.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Nov 11

Good morning AFsters and thank you Cindi for getting us started. I love your avatar by the way. I dream of someday taking a picture like that. Which means I need to get the camera and head for the great outdoors! I'm a bit behind on things but I'm glad to hear you are looking for a new job. Is that within your same company or outside? In any case, I hope it involves less travel!

Today is day 2 of my imprisonment. (car in the shop) LOL WIP - at least the food isn't bad in THIS prison. A good reminder to count my blessings. I scared the one doggy who is keeping me company at this hour when I let out a strange sound - after reading the post about abstaining from sex as the lesson in Jr. High, and then O2M's post. :H:H

Instead of hanging out on-line all day, I'm going to try to make progress on my two side projects for this week - going through old shoes and either cleaning them up or getting rid of them, and packing away my several sizes of too big clothes that are randomly littered all over the spare bedroom. I got some of those bags where you put stuff in and then suck the air out of them. I hope they work. Does anyone use those? I'd love to give all the too big clothes to charity but Mr. Doggy is of little faith. Actually, it's probably smart to keep them until I've maintained my size for a couple of years or something.

OK - off the let the doggies out and get the "real life" day started around here. Hello to all who are yet to come. Have a terrific AF day everyone!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Nov 11

Armistice Day

Couldn't have picked a more appropriate Day to get back on the AF path. I have just watched on tv our three surviving veterans lay wreaths at the Cenotaph in London. They were all over 100 years, the eldest 112. They were all in wheelchairs but the eldest was determined to lay his own wreath. Sheer determination. They put me to shame.

Today I'm at home spending time getting myself in order. Getting my tools together!! Time to think, time to plan. Day 1. Time to be grateful. I know I'm grateful for my family, my health, my life and for my friends at MWO. To those of you who have reached out to me recently, thank you - I can't tell you how much I needed your words.

love Janicexxx
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Nov 11

Morning
        Wish I had more time this morning. Cindi, thanks for starting us off.... DG and Janice it is so good to have you back on the abs thread.....
        I am off work today because of the holiday so going to NYC with the girls from work....thought hubby might wish me a fun filled day, but as usual, he left grumbling because no one will be here to fix the poor boy his supper......oh well..ain't gonna let it spoil my day out!!
        Hope everyone has a great day....
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Nov 11

Good morning everyone!! I feel kinda warm and fuzzy....the thread feels like old home week
          I have a busy day, catching up with house work. (Big fun)

Mary, hope your mouth feel alright or as well as it can.
          Cindi, hope your eye resolves its issues...Gotta love the real Sudafed.
          Janice, so nice to have you back here, as you know I've missed you
          Charlee, have a fun outing, girl?s day to the city, sounds like a great time!!
          Dg, stop frightening the doggies There is a pair of black and tans up the road from me. I am guessing they're about 4 or 5 months. They crack me up racing around, crewing on each other, then the nap pile. They breach the under ground fence and make the rounds of the neighborhood, I love em. Pups are great! Looking at this lethargic moose on my couch, it hard to believe he was once that hyper.

Hope you and all to come have a wonderful day

nat
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Nov 11

Good morning, all! Still dark here, but the house is relatively quiet now that Mother's dog has moved back out... it's OK having 2 dogs and 2 cats, but just one more dog was enough to tip me over the edge! He's happy now having one person taking good care of him, and he will come back over for day care when it's really cold and K. has to be away from (their) home for more than 5 hours or so.

Hey everyone... can we talk today about using a possible new (identifiable) name for starting the thread every morning? Cinders, did you hear any of that discussion at the end of the day, yesterday? Charlee, did you? I was saying that this thread is hard to find for people who generally just look for "new posts," because every morning the name is just today's date. If I try to send newbies here (or oldbies, even), they have a hard time finding it because it doesn't have a name that is recognizable, the way some other threads do (Firecrackers, 30 days, AF Army, etc.).

I think the only suggestion I heard yesterday was "AF Daily Thread" or maybe "AF Daily" and then the date, like "AF Daily Nov 11" or something like that? Any other thoughts or ideas?

I have to call the plumber who came out yesterday to fix my toilet, so he can.... fix my toilet, dammit. It's leaking and the new flapper thingie did not work. Maybe new toilet time...

Janice, I wish I'd been there to see that wreath laying ceremony. Very touching, very amazing.

Cinders, good luck on that position!!! DG, how long before your most likely parole date? Have fun, Charlee... and OMW, well, have some good housework, eh???

Hoping everyone has a good day.

wip

Comment

Nov 11

WIP,

I think AF Daily Nov 11 would be a good title.

Yes, you are right, that way people who choose "New Posts" can find it easier.

Hadn't thought of that.

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Nov 11

WED NOV 11 DAILY AF THREAD
                Good Morning Everyone!
                Just got done catching up on yesterday's thread. WOW!!! We had a lot of traffic yesterday. That was so cool. And all the AF Army Troops even popped in. What a treat! Hope everyone makes a regular stop here to drop off encouraging words.
                WIP, I'll keep the title thing in mind whenever I'm first to post. I think DATE/ DAILY AF THREAD sounds perfect to me. And you sent me into a fit of laughter with the junior high comment.
                Janice, I'm right here with ya on Day 1. I "chose" to drink again last night. Felt fine after doing it the other night, so thought I'd try it again. Feel like crap! Slept like crap! Don't need that crap! I liked the whole discussion on the word slip. I couldn't agree more with Doggy Girl. It's not an accident. It's a choice. And yesterday, I went to the store, with the intention of buying wine. And the intention of drinking it. No accident there. It sucks to count calories all day, then to have to tack on 515 for the bottle of wine. So I'm going to try to get back on track.
                And by the way Doggy Girl, I saw your pictures on your story page, and I'd say it's safe to throw away those old clothes. I cannot believe the transformation!!!! You're a whole different person! WOW!! That was inspirational to see.
                Okay, enough of my rambling. I've got to work out. I was going to blow it off this morning, but don't think I'll let AL take that away from me too.
                I'm going out of town for work today, so if you don't see me here tomorrow, I'll be back soon....
                When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

Nov 11

Cinders;465400 wrote: WIP,

I think AF Daily Nov 11 would be a good title.

Yes, you are right, that way people who choose "New Posts" can find it easier.

Hadn't thought of that.

Cindi

OK great, sounds as if tomorrow whoever starts the thread will want to put in the title box:

AF Daily Nov 12

or

AF Daily Wednesday Nov 12

I hope everyone will join me in inviting newbies (those who are committing to a period of being AF, anyway) to this thread. I am very much aware of the fact (I believe it to be a fact) that if I am going to be able to keep my commitment to being AF For Life, I will need to be in the company of others who are actively pursuing the goal of freedom from alcohol. I know, from sad experience, how easy it is to slide back into drinking when I become un-moored from a culture of non-drinking. It is just essential for me to hear about how others are accomplishing it, to talk about how I am working on it, to help others with stumbling blocks and to have others help me with mine.

So, thanks everyone for being here, and for working on this with me.

wip

Comment

Nov 11

Good morning...

The new name sounds good....quiet morning...kids are gone to school and I came back into my warm bed. It's chilly and dreary outside. I will be decorating for Christmas at work tonight so that will cheer me up!

Day 28 here!

Have a good day everyone!
                    AF July 6 2014

Comment

Nov 11

Everyone:

What a great start! My son-in-law is on his way over to clean up our lawn, so I can't stay long. I will check in later. Mary

PS: The oral surgery went fine. I'm healing nicely. Thank God, no drinking to calm the nerves...that's something I would have done in the past & have been all the worst for it.
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Nov 11

Good thinking MM... figuring out what we were thinking before we actually buy and drink the stuff can be important, because when we find we are thinking those same kinds of thoughts again.... we can head it off much more effectively!

And, way to go, Christy, almost at 30 days!!!

Mary, it's so helpful to remember that drinking doesn't really "calm the nerves," isn't it? For many people, alcohol contributes tremendously to anxiety disorders, all the way up to panic attacks and agoraphobia... NOT worth the buzz...

Comment

Nov 11

Morning / Afternoon everyone (it's afternoon in UK!)
                          Have never posted on this "daily thread" before although I've been a member of MWO since Sept (previously either joined in other threads at random mid way, the abbercises thread , the "week beginning ...... 7 day AF thread at the start of each weeek - which doesn't seem to be around now, or started up my own) - was always a bit confused by it and the AF army and everything else. Mind if I join you? I was reading your "debate" last night on what to title this daily thread. - i must admit now I realise what it is all about - I think AF daily and the date would be a good idea and would help new people recognise it.

I'm now on day 9 AF after a few drinks on holiday (when I broke my AF run of 54 days) however recognised I needed to sort my self out on my return and I've been Af since - feeling more positive now. I was tempted to drink the other night - then came accross DG's before and after photos on her "my new story" thread - and this was enough to motivate me to keep going AF. DG - i'm not suprised you have lots of clothes that are too big - presumably you've had to buy lots of new ones too? i've gone down at least 1 dress size since August but because i intend to lose more weight if I can - i've lost 13lbs and still have another 13 to lose to get to my pre children mid 20's weight !! i'm relucant to buy too much at the moment so am walking round in things that look a little big!

Hope to go swimming tonight - if so will check into the abbercisers thread later - also have a pile of ironing to get through this evening so hopefully all this will keep me from the bottle.

Have a good AF day everyone

Comment

Nov 11

Sausage! So glad you found this thread, and will be posting here!

I'm hoping for, and working toward, a bit more weight loss, too. I don't weigh myself (I get obsessive with the daily ups and downs, so I just watch my waist size). I've gone from a big size 14, down to a size 12, but really ought to get to and stay at a size 10. A bit more exercise, and a lot less chocolate, should take care of it...

Let's keep encouraging each other.

wip

Comment

Nov 11

Good morning,

Day 2.........

Comment

Working...
                              X