Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Fri 14th November

Good Morning!

I?m once again eating breakfast and have a few minutes to check in. The dog has decided to sleep in (lol). He does this every once in a while. He?s not wild about 5:30am.

Welcome to Tahula and Beaches. Day 1 is the rather nerve racking. I?m on Day 5 and it will be the first challenge - no AL on the weekend. I?ve often made it Sun-Thur only to turn back on the weekend. I have my supplements, plans for activities, and I?ve learned a lot from this group about how to stop worrying and take it one day at a time (ODAT).

I like the broad range of abstainers,

Morning speedster! My doggies are going out for the morning pee soon too. You sound terrific and you sound like you have a GREAT plan for your weekend. That's the key - have a plan to stay busy, ideally with things that don't make you constantly think of drinking. Physical activity is always good IMO!

Gotta run but will check back later. Good point speedster - what very true words about all of our Mom's here at MWO. Such a very, very important yet challenging job. GO MOMS! We need to declare a pampering day for all of you. A Mom Spa Day. I think a day the first week of January would probably be just the ticket right after the holidays.

Later!!!!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Good morning all.
      Speedster that is a great idea to tell your friend. Who can argue with a detox.
      DG, I need to get more exercise into my routine. I think that is a great stress reducer.

Last night was a little nerve wrecking during the witching hour but once that passed it was easy coasting. Now the second day to hang tough.
      I definately realized that I drink to reduce stress especially when the kids are driving me nuts. "I want this, I want that" over and over again then the meltdowns. I hung tough.

Have a great day.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Welcome Speedster and Beaches to the abs thread....
        The weekends can present quite the challange, but hang on!!!..once Monday rolls around you not only feel so proud of yourself, but a new week and another 5 days.....If anyone had told me a year ago that I could get through our Sunday 4 hour "in-law" visit without my buzz I wouldn't of believed them....it was hard, not to mention long and boring at the beginning.......now it is still long and boring, but I do it sober........

Beaches, I too, need to get with the excercise...just need some motivation!!!

Doggygirl great to have you back on a regular basis...always wise words...
        Everyone to follow, have a safe happy weekend.
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Hi everyone!! Starting to feel more like my old self again which is a relief!!! Had a late supper with hubby last night who was late in from work. He'd had a stressful day and opened 'his' wine a night early. It didn't bother me, I enjoyed my cranberry juice and it was lovely going to bed and getting up this morning knowing I'm facing day 4. Thank you all for your continued inspiration - I love reading your posts! Will probs be back on later.

Janicexxx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Good morning, all! My doggies and I got up around 5:30, which I consider a reasonable time, after such a long period while I was drinking (and for weeks, after I quit), unable to sleep past 3:30 am... Getting up at 5:30 and feeling good is an amazing thing.

Speedster, good work in planning out how you will handle the weekend. BTW, I used to have a Speedster bike... is that where your name comes from? I loved that motorcycle...

I'm having lunch today with one of my old Zen teachers, and many items of "stuff" that must be accomplished before and after that. The project of getting my mother's house, and everything in it, ready for an estate sale (she has Alzheimer's and is in a care facility) just goes on, and on. A lot of wrenching decisions. I just can't keep all that stuff, and I have no siblings, and no children who would possibly want it. Very sad.

BUT it's a good day, and I have learned that I absolutely MUST focus on the positive... to do otherwise is literally placing my life in danger, because negative thinking, dwelling on sadness, and being morbid are all risk factors for relapse. I can't afford to go there.... and I refuse to do so!

wip

Comment

I?m beginning to notice common triggers, like charlee?s 4-hr in-law visit. OMG. That reminds me of making excuses to drink 1-2 beers before visiting the inlaws

Beaches, I agree that AL has been an easy way to escape stress. I am coming around to realize AL has become more of an an escape route and not just about stress reduction. Now I?m looking for more positive escape routes, like a book I can?t wait to get home to read. I read ?animal, vegetable, miracle? by Barbara Kingsolver this summer and wanted to be sober to read it and remember it. I looked forward to getting home and carving out some time to read a few chapeters. I don?t have kids but maybe you can find something to read aloud to them when they?re feeling needy that will help you and possibly calm/distract them. Or get a hand-puppet that tells them why they should listen to their Mom. lol

Keep pluggin!!!

Comment

Hello everyone!
                I'd like to say "Good morning", but WHAT'S SO GOOD ABOUT IT?!!! Hee! hee! Can you tell the full moon is affecting my attitude? I'm having a rough start. Trust me, if I had been a morning drinker, I'd SO be drinking right now. First of all, I had a "free-day" on the diet program yesterday. Well, it's not really a diet program, it's a better way of eating. I now have a food hang-over, not to mention I slept like crap. Then, my daughter started waking me up at 5:15am because she said it was time to get up for school. Mind you, school doesn't start 'til 9:00am! And of course, she's a strong-headed one, so this went on 'til I finally gave it at 6:15am. The son wakes up right behind her and starts his morning off crying because his sister ate the last oatmeal. And then we have the hubbie getting ready for work, who after insisting a give him a haircut before work, can't find his belt without my assistant. Oh there it was! Right in the middle of the floor on the pants he wore yesterday. Aghhhhhhh!!!!! Okay. I feel better. Not really, but thanks for letting me bitch.
                I thought it was funny that the first few posts were on kids and detoxing when my morning began with nutty kids and I'm on my second cup of detox tea.
                Enjoy the day. I'm sure I will, as it can't get much worse. Or can it?
                When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Sounds like we all have a lot going on in our lives. My thoughts go out to all of you dealing with difficult situations. WIP, I can't imagine dealing with an estate sale by myself. When we went through my parent's things, we couldn't bear to part with a lot of stuff. My siblings and I filled trucks and trailers with "treasures". I guess in a way it was easier to let them go if we had their stuff. I think Alzheimer's is a terrible disease for the family. My prayers go out to you.
                  DG you inspired me to finally check out the Smart Recovery website. Looks like it would be a wonderful complement to MWO--wish I would have looked into it sooner. Do you do the meetings? I really need to change my thought process in order to continue to progress in my journey in life! When I was visiting with a friend last weekend, I explained to her that I felt a chapter in my life was over. I had a lot of fun at the bars and with my friends partying and I don't regret most of it as some of those friends are gone now. But I'm opening a new chapter which includes health and being the best parent I can be. I don't see alcohol and cigarettes conducive to that!
                  Have a good weekend all. Opening day of deer season here tomorrow. Will have in-laws in town--no plans yet, but I'm thinking they'll want to go to the bar. ARGGHHH!
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi Everyone:

I too love the fact that we've got a wide range of people w/varying amounts of sobriety on this thread...from 1 day to many days. It makes me feel that we're all in this together working toward the same goal of being AF.

I've been under stress lately, but when am I not under stress? That's no excuse to drink, so I won't use it. I'm planning on going to an AA meeting tonight. That usually makes me very grateful for being AF.

With the holidays right around the corner, I'm really using my visualizations.
                    -I'm seeing myself in all the various holiday situations drinking non-AL drinks.
                    -I'm seeing myself enjoying the company instead of plotting & planning my next drink.
                    -I'm seeing myself remembering everything that happened.
                    -I'm seeing myself tired instead of hungover.

I'll try to check back later.

Mary

PS: Thank you all for being here.
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Aloha Friday ABerooooooos!

I just love this thread. thanks you all

as I promised myself I made it to my jiu jitsu class last night but didn't expect to get paired up with a new guy that must weigh an EASY 300lbs and not all fat either. arg! my ribs hurt so much last night I had trouble sleeping, but I'm still glad I went and got that mega-workout. I remember in times past when I'd try to workout hungover. ugh! fugeddaboutit.

Mormonmom, I'm predicting a peaceful Sat morning for you.

I was at the shooting range last weekend and after the shoot one of the guys suggested we grab a couple beers. then the issue of drinking continued as one of the guys said he was a real lightweight. I mentioned that I didn't drink and the first guy looked at me and asked why. I just said I don't like the way alcohol makes me feel. nobody can argue with how you feel! case closed.

be well friends and all to come
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Morning all, guess I'm logging on earlier than usual. Just wanted to say Hi. I've been reading the thread lately but haven't felt like I've had much to add. The weather is great here in California and it looks like we'll be blessed with a beautiful sunny weekend. No definite plans yet, but we'll probably take the Dingo for a hike and try to make progress on the house. I realized yesterday that we've been in our house for over 3 months now and have a lot more work to do before we're settled. That means more painting and more unpacking. I get to a certain point in projects and lose interest. Why is it so hard to finish things? Anyway, I intend to make it an AF weekend.

WIP, I'm sorry about your Mom. My great uncle Pete had Alzheimer's, so I've seen some of what it does to a person. My heart goes out to you. Be strong when you're doing your house cleaning and do try to keep a few mementos for yourself. Do you have a friend that can help you? If I were there, I would! :l

MM, sorry you had a bad morning with the kiddees (hubby included :H) My husband does the "I can't find the _____" thing ALL THE TIME. Sometimes its amusing, other times it really pisses me off -- because invariably the "thing" is right out in the open. My mother says its a male thing, but I used to have a female roommate who was the same way -- though she didn't throw tantrums about it.

Everyone else, please join me in having a great AF weekend. I'm on Day 3 right now, before that I had over a week. Back to the drawing board.:durn:

You guys are great, I admire you all. I'm so glad we have this thread and each other.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi everyone
                          It's friday night - been at work today, my kids will be back soon and it will be bath time (my husband is collecting them from after school club on his way home), I really feel like a drink tonight - Friday nights are still tough but I must stay strong. Feeling a bit low at the moment, weather is rubbish and just a bit fed up , not sure why.
                          Have a good AF day everyone

Comment

Mary those are great visualizations for the holiday, don't mind if I steal them
                            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Definitely! That's why I wrote them. Mary
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X