Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Wednesday November 19th

Morning everyone -

DG - You've got me paranoid about checking the date in my diary to get it absolutely right, as well!!

Welcome to the AF daily thread, hope everyone has a great AF day

I'm kicking off day 17 (after my holiday relapse) very motivated after watching the Meg Ryan / Andy Garcia film "When a man loves a woman" last night - for those of you not familiar with it , it's about an alcoholic mother - very moving film.

Its a bright sunny but cool autmun day here in UK, i'm feeling very positive

Have a great day everyone

Sausage xx

hi sausage and anyone else alchohol free,keep up the good work,doing my daily studies on, AL,tht means 1st i come here,second i get a glass of water or 2,take my blood pressure pill,then im on my way to better things,have a couple of pcs, of toast and jam or pn butter,2nd i read the BIG book,depends on wht i mean it could be the one from AA ,or the book it originated from ,the BIBLE,beleive it is true,the men tht created this program were totally different people ,one was agnostic and the other was a christian man,the early history shows,like here sometimes we dont see eye to eye,neither did they,tht is why itook years for the book to come out,4 or 5 to be xact,so food for tht,when we disagree,remember this place has been around for a few 2 or 3 years,AA has been here since 1934,book wasnt printed till 1939,so figure,isnt it a great alternative here or AA,DOEST IT MATTER,,it is all aboutt over drinking have a great day gyco

Comment

Good morning Sausage, Gyco and all to come,

Day 24 here in miserable Cumbria...Its that Dull outside it feels like my eyesight is going...Saying that i am starting to feel the benefits of being AF...I am over the inital surge of eating everything in sight, and trying to fire as much sugar as possible into my mouth..I have started drinking water infact..The bloated feeling is starting to go my my head is getting round to the fact that this time this is it..
      Sausage, I have watched that film a few times..I though Meg Ryan did a great job in it..Really good kick up the arse film..
      Gyco, I have never read the Big Book..I wonder what the thinking will be in another 75 years?? Hopefully they will have a magic pill by then eh?

Have a great day all..Love Macks:l
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm still finding my way around the community; is "AF Daily" primarily for long-term / permanent AF folks? I don't do anything half-way, so any thought of moderation is not for me.
        Two weeks plus and feeling great. Thanks for everyone's insight and support.

Comment

Tom,

:welcome:

Yes, we are going for long term AF. Some just a month, most of us for a lifetime.

Glad you are here.

You will find a lot of caring, understanding people, here.

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Tom,
            Welcome and congratulations on being in your second week..I am also in this for the long term...But dont count myself as being a long term abstainer yet...Maybe get a year under my belt and then go over to long term Abs..When i have some experiance at this..(He says)..LOL
            There are some great people here with some excellent advice...Hope to see you around
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Hello to the early morning posters! Day 10 for me...I'm very happy to hiot double digits.

The last 2 days were frustrating work days and would normally been a good excuse for 2-3 beers each night, but I had no problems with an AF evening.

I have my last outside dog agility class tonight. It's going to be cold, it's 22F this morning. I look forward to class moving indoors.

Tom - welcome, join the thread, it's been a tremendous motivator the last 10 days.

Everyone have a happy day.

Comment

:welcome: Tom

Yes this thread is for people who aim to be AF for today We decided to title it the AF Daily thread and then todays date - there's one each day, so people can locate it easily and know it's there each day. The person who finds themselves the first person to log on to MWO at the start of a new day, starts it off if it has not been created for todays date already hence it is usually started by a different person each day.

I believe most people here are certainly aiming for 30 days AF, but many hope hope to have life time sobriety. The one thing we all have in common is we aim to be AF for today - today we will not drink - its' up to you how far you go .....just take one day at a time....

Read/ post and good luck on your journey

Sausage

Comment

Morning all
                  Welcome Tom and congratulations on your 2 weeks +.......
                  Not much going on here, expect a busy day at work...would love a few days off which will probably get turned down by the boss..I try so hard to keep one step ahead of everything and everybody, some days I am winning and others (like today), can't get out of my own way.....
                  Off to chip away at the "to do's", guess I will just be greatful for every small thing accomplished!
                  Wishing everyone success in accomplishing their goals for today.
                  sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Good morning, everyone! Welcome Tom, and good going! Sausage, Speedster, Macks, you are doing GREAT! Cindi, you probably know I just about NEVER say this, but a hug for you... I know you are having such a damned tough time...

I posted something in another thread, earlier today, about what it takes to succeed in completing or meeting our goals to get the alcohol out of our lives. Someone had started a thread, very realistically pointing out that even if you follow the MWO program, and all the recommended components, you might find (some have found) that it doesn't "work." And by that, they mean that they are still drinking. I think that the problem is that we are looking at MWO, or any part of it that we choose to use, as something that is supposed to "work" like a "miracle drug" or a cure that takes place without any effort on our own parts. And this program (unfortunately!) is advertised in just this way.

I think we have to recognize that this work is hard. It is RARELY easy to give up a deeply entrenched habit of any sort, and much, much more difficult for a habit/addiction that our own biochemistry makes us highly vulnerable to.

The other side of that coin is that we really ought to celebrate our successful efforts and milestones in becoming AF! This is not for the faint-hearted or lazy. We have to be strong and vigilant to do this work, we have to face and overcome hardship and significant pain.

So: Good job, everyone! What "works" is the mental and emotional work you/we are doing every day to change our lives, especially when the going gets tough!

wip

Comment

Hi Charlee!

Comment

Good morning everyone, cold and gloomy out today and my mood reflects it. I am feeling frustrated and a bit short tempered and don't know why. I had a great run yesterday that normally lifts me up but no deal. Sorry to be a downer.

nat
                        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Hi Everyone:

Regarding MWO "not working" for some folks:

I agree that there is no miracle cure for my alcoholism. Even after many days AF (into the triple digits), I relapsed. For me, the goal is simple (NOT DRINKING), but it is not an easy goal to achieve. I do the work one day at a time.
                          -Come here to MWO & read & share.
                          -Visualize myself AF & go prepared to any social gathering I attend.
                          -Keep no AL in my home.
                          -Remember how awful life was when I was drinking (the more specific the better).
                          -Resolve conflicts expeditiously.
                          -Stand up for myself when necessary.

None of the above is easy for me, but I must do it to stay sober. I fell into a very deep pit w/my secret drinking life. I don't want to go there again. In the year & a half that I've been a member of MWO, I've visited that pit a few times. It isn't fun. Regardless of how difficult, stressful, anxious life can become, I'm going to face it sober.

Mary
                          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

How about another run, today, nat? I find, to my regret, that yesterday's workout doesn't help me much (in terms of mood, anyway), today... And "cold and gloomy" certainly doesn't help, does it?

Comment

Hey WIP
                              Wise words......
                              sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Working...
                              X