PDA

View Full Version : Lance will ride the Tour!

cyclefan
December 1st, 2008, 05:21 PM
Lance Armstrong announce today he will ride the 2009 Tour de France. Here is the link (http://www.abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=6368600) to the ABC news story. He says he will ride for the "Strongest rider."

A Work in Progress
December 1st, 2008, 05:47 PM
Wow!!! Damn!!! Of course he will be a HUGE magnet for drug testing... What do you think, CC, did he dope, or not? I suspect he did... but also I think he was pressured by "everybody else" who was doping.

cyclefan
December 1st, 2008, 05:59 PM
I have a theory that when Lance was a teen that he was pressured to dope, and that is what gave him the cancer. I also think that after he was treated for cancer that he did not dope. I have read a lot about Lance, he is my personal Hero, he inspired me to quit Smoking cigarettes and in a way he inspired me to quit drinking although it took bloody long enough for me to do it hahahaha.

The drugs that Lance took to cure him of the cancer also are the same drugs (EPO) that athletes take to improve their performance. Lance's physical body changed after the cancer (his upper body gained muscle mass) which helped his stamina among other things. Lance also had some other things going for him, a stubbornness, drive, money, dedication to one goal, and an incredible coach in Johan Bruyneel that helped him win seven tours.

Lance rode his bike every day for seven years. Every. Day. For. Seven. Years. That is why he won, not because he was doping. There are lots and lots of people who don't believe Lance could have won seven tours de france without doping. I'm not one of those people.

A Work in Progress
December 1st, 2008, 06:02 PM
I'm certainly a fan, too. Iron determination!!! I am inclined to forgive him if he did do some of the "gray area" doping, I guess. Maybe I shouldn't be. Anyway, this will be VERY interesting!

OK, I give up, do tell, what does "I will not surprise the incontinent" mean???

cyclefan
December 1st, 2008, 06:19 PM
Bart Simpson wrote it on the blackboard. I guess it means if you surprise an incontinent person he/she might wet him/herself. ;-)

on my way
December 1st, 2008, 06:26 PM
cycle, i too am very excited about Lance riding again. He has agreed to have his testing results made public although it hasn't happend yet. Yep, Lance is my hero too.

cyclefan
December 1st, 2008, 06:57 PM
OK, good, another one then. Do you follow European cycling? I am a real cycling nerd.

IAD
December 1st, 2008, 07:02 PM
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/tarable0824/christopherjan29008.jpg Of course he'll ride.....The tour is nothing without Lance.....Here's Lance at two.....Ha! IAD.

cyclefan
December 1st, 2008, 08:01 PM
Well, here's Lance as a baby. Doesn't that kitchen just SCREAM 1970's Texas? LOL. Attached files /converted_files/720244=4380-attachment.jpg (http://www.mywayout.org/VB4/images/converted_files/720244=4380-attachment.jpg)

on my way
December 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Cycle, have not really followed European racing much. Maybe that should be a new hobby for me. I used to race some and would love to get back into it again.

on my way
December 2nd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Cycle, check this out.... the french sure do hate him.

Tour officials ho-hum about Armstrong's return - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/2008-12-02-reaction-to-armstrong_N.htm?csp=34)

Ask For Help
December 3rd, 2008, 12:19 PM
This is exciting. I am a big cycle fan, and a Lance fan too. I don't race, but love to ride. One dream for me is riding in France. I've done tours in Ireland, Scotland, England, Greece, Switzerland . . . but never France.
Ask

on my way
December 3rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
I’m jealous....love Scotland

AAthlete
December 3rd, 2008, 04:55 PM
Cyclefan, inspired by Lance's comeback, I just ordered a new trainer from Bike Nashbar today! Well okay, I sold my old one and we have time indoor time trials coming up that our team sponsors so I need to get my butt in shape.

Think lance will mind if I borrow his quads?? :)

cyclefan
December 4th, 2008, 10:39 AM
OMW, I Think by now the feeling is mutual LOL! Ask I'm rather jealous. I don't ride much anymore my hip joints don't move as well as they used to, bike riding kind of pummels them.

AA, trainer is the way to go in Chicagoland in winter I think. Do you follow cyclocross at all? Meeting with the accountant this morning, may be sporadic checking in today.

on my way
December 24th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Cycle, I just read Lance's girl friend is prego by natural means from Lance....looks like things regenerate... The bod is amazing

cyclefan
December 24th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Well, I heard about that too! This is going to cause ALL kinds of chatter now, like what's he doing with testosterone, etc. I'm afraid the vampires (drug testers) will be out in force.

on my way
December 25th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Cycle, OMG....I love the new avatar!! Where can I get one for my exercise room???

cyclefan
December 25th, 2008, 04:16 PM
It's a photo by Annie Leibovitz, it is copywrited, but my understanding is that a thumbnail is fair use.

on my way
December 29th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I found it and it's my new screen saver...I must say, he is quite a specimen