X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Tues January 6th 2008

:welcome:

Hi everyone - no-one up yet?!?

Not sure how to mark and run so i'll type this dead fast and hope for the best!

Don't think this is how you mark and run - is going to be a total new post but anyway, never mind!

I'ts brilliant bright sunshine hear in UK but really really cold - our central heating at home is really dodgy - hoping someone can look at it next week, so it's cold outdoors and cold inside!!

My 4 year old is now back at school after the Christmas break. Just taken my 3 yr old to his swimming lesson this morning- he passed his 5 metre distance award today and he is only just 3 as well, so this is great.

Been some really interesting reading over the last couple of days on the thread on why we all started drinking. I'm quite shocked that for a no of people it wasn't until they were in their 30's that the problem kicked it. That was how it was for me, but I thought I was unusual - obviously not!

Not a lot to report except that I'm still hear, still sober and now on day 65 of this latest (hopefully final for evermore) AF stint.

Have a great AF day everyone!!

Comment

I always make a mess of the date don't I - i've got the no right, I've even got the day of the week right but now I can't get the year right- we're in 2009 and I haven't had a drink all year!!!

Comment

Hi Sausage and everyone out there.

Great to hear you are in such good spirits.

Beautifull sunshiney day here well in the mid to higher 20's (Celsius).

Well done on your 65 days. That is amazing. Can't wait to get that far.

(and don't worry about the date I guess it is going to take me a couple of days still to get my head around the fact that it is 2009 now.
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Good morning Sausage and johnny! Hope you have a great day! I'm getting a quick workout in BEFORE work! Have a GREAT day!!!!
          Bridget

" little by little, we travel far "
          - Tolkein

Comment

Hi Bridget.

Good for you. I hope I'll find the motivation to go to gym tonight. feeling quite tired. (and gotta stop by at the doc to get a new Antabuse subscription).

Enjoy your workout
            AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

I'm hoping to motivate myself to swim tonight -but both my kids have swimming lessons today - my son 10.30am my daughter 5.30pm - can I really face going down to the pool a 3rd time for my own swimming around 7.30pm?!?!?!?

Comment

Just when I decided that I really need to get my sleep back into a "normal" pattern I find myself here at 3:30 am!!!! Hubby and I went out to hear a blues band at a local lounge, bar, restaurant. Ate cajun style nfire: and I had two cups of coffee along with ice water. I set my alarm to get up at 8:00, thinking I'll set it for 7:00 the next day, 6:00 the day after that and by next Monday I'll be ready for the 5:30 up and at'em that I need to get to work. Well, the coffee has not let me sleep and I'm turning the alarm off, just in case I do go to sleep I want to get as many hours as I can...So hope all of you have a groovy Tuesday, free of alcohol.
                sigpic

Comment

Hi Early Risers: It's great to see everyone in this abs thread which is growing richer each day. Last night before I feel asleep, I thought back to my drinking pattern...not to beat myself up, but for a desensitation & reality tool. I looked at a typical drinking episode from beginning (the initial buzz) to end (hangover, shame, & remorse). It's good for me to realize that there's nothing romantic, relaxing, or rewarding about drinking for me.

I didn't get into true alcoholism until I hit my 50's. Before that, I always drank more than others, but didn't have to get black-out drunk. Also, I didn't drink alone until then. I think drinking alone takes drinking to a whole higher level...I read that here at MWO & totally agree.

I'll check back later. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Good Morning fellow abbers! Well it sounds like we are all off to a good start today! Sausage, I can relate to the cooooollld weather. Makes it much harder to get out of bed in the morning. One thing though I have noticed the past three days in particular, is how amazing I feel when I wake up. I thought I just was not a morning person. Well I'm on day 10 now, finally in a routine. Turns out I'm just not a hangover person. Go figure. It's like night and day.
                    Well I hope you all have wonderful af days

Comment

Morning, morning, morning to all of you abbers!

Hmmmm.... what can I talk about. I really don't have a lot to talk about. I was speaking to a colleague over facebook and asked him if he was back to work yet. He is one of our heavy duty mechanics....

Well he told me that one of our major projects have pulled the plug permanently. There is no money. WELL, aint that shitty. This lay off is looking like it may be a while.

So, my agenda today is to send my resume off. I finished working on it on Saturday. Time to get motivated. I can't wait around for them to call anymore. Although it has only been a month, but damn! I am bored out of my tree, and especially so with the kids back in school.

OK, maybe I did have something to talk about. LOL.

Must go and make lunches. (Why don't I before I go to bed??? I don't know!).

Have a great day everyone! xoxoxox

Comment

Good morning everyone.

I'm afraid it's going to be a little "tense" around my house for awhile. Hubby has been wearing a heart monitor and they've diagnosed "ventricular tachycardia". They will do a stress test Thursday and go from there. I went with him to the doctor yesterday (which he wasn't too happy about) and of course I asked how much alcohol, nicotine and caffeine could be affecting this condition. So NOW hubby decides to quit chewing tobacco. He has cut WAY down on his beer consumption already, I think he knows deep down it is a big part of the problem. But now he is sad and angry about having to change his lifestyle so drastically. I will do my best to remain patient and think carefully before I say anything. I'm worried about him, and pray this is nothing serious.

The weird thing is, I've been having "heart palpitations" too. I used to get them once in awhile when I was drinking and smoking, but haven't had any since I quit. I think if I get back into an exercise routine I will feel better.

Wishing everyone a great day! :h
                        lvt
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Big hugs to you LVT. A change in lifestyle is very scary to many. It is for his own good though!

Heart palputations are scary. I had them big time when I was drinking and smoking. Everyday even when I was coming off of the AL for a long time. I get them rarely now. Thank goodness. I heard somewhere on the boards that garlic capsules are suppose to really help them. Also magnesium.

Again, a big hug to you during this stressful time. I hope his stress test comes back OK. xoxoxoxo

Comment

Mary! Me too on being in my 50's when I got out of control! Seems like I should have been wise enough to avoid this mess! But, not! Maybe it's the empty nest thing. Not that I'm depressed about that. I like it. It's as it should be and my kids are independant and have their own lives. It's just that I didn't have any reason NOT to have another drink or two in the evening. No one needed my help or supervision. Well, that's at least a small part of it, I think.
                            Hi all! Hope you have smooth sailing today!
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

LVT, Hugs to you! I can imagine how your husband feels. It's hard enough to change your lifestyle voluntarily....but to HAVE to. Well, I'd be upset, too.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                              X