Day three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day three

This is my third day af so far yesterday was a little tougher than today but it was still hard. Dont know if i miss drinking as much as i do hanging out at the bar. I tried to quit before and drink ice tea at the bar i hang out,but i felt awkward. Just gonna try to stay away for as long as possible maybe that feeling will go away.

Day three

Good going Bullfrog! Yes it probably is better to stay away from the bar for a while AND to develop some alternate stuff to do during your usual "bar time." Got some ideas?

Comment

Day three

Bullfrog: I don't think I could hang out in a bar & not drink AL. You might have to find a substitute for the bar eventually. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Day three

Hi Bullfrog,
        I must third the whole staying away from the bar thing too. Not to say you'll never be able to hang out at a bar again, but these early stages, it's just asking for trouble. Good start though! In my first few days I tried to fill up my time with as many chores/activites I could think of. I now have a super clean house, empty laundry baskets, and even a few new art projects in the works. Good work so far, keep it up!

Comment

Day three

HI Bull. Well done for your progress this far. The bar thing I'd rather skip if I was you. One weak moment and it might just be too easy to give in to temptation. I have gotten to a stage now where I can go out on the weekends (as my wife is a real party girl) and overcome to the temptation as it happens once every 2 weeks or so. But it IS difficult everytime and the temptation and cravings are there. would never dream of testing myself like that on a daily basis. Go hit the gym rather
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Working...
          X