A HORROR STORY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A HORROR STORY

I have been doing quite well and have only drank about four times in quite a while. On Sunday, as a treat I went out with my friend Gill for Sunday Lunch. It was meant to be a 'civilized' affair. I went to the pub/restaurant with every intention of having just one or two glasses of wine with my meal. Well, it was carnage. It was like day release from the lunatic asylum. All started well and then we just kept on drinking and bought more booze. Then I came home and drank even more. I was ill for two days, depressed and even felt suicidal, all due to the alcohol in my system. I cannot remember the end of the day, but know it would have been horrendous as I am totally horrendous when drunk.

NOT TO WORRY, AM BACK ON TRACK AND OFF TO THE GYM. STILL SOBER BUT MY GOD I MAY NEVER BE ABLE TO HAVE ONE DRINK EVER AGAIN. THIS ALCOHOL LARK IS SHOCKING. JUST WANTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW. I AM STILL HERE AND STILL SOBER BUT MY GOD I HAVE BEEN OFF MY HEAD AND REALISE IT IS ALL PART OF RECOVERY.

A HORROR STORY

We love you, Maddiva

:h hang in and fight the good fight, we have your back.
    I am so glad you got right back on the program...do not beat yourself up and feel bad, you are still ahead of the game because you realized your mistake and are moving forward! Hugs

Comment

A HORROR STORY

At least your back and that is what counts!!

Twosox

Comment

A HORROR STORY

OMG Maddy
        Almost the same exact thing happened to me on Tuesday. I turned into exactly what you said "a complete lunatic". I just can't even put that crap anywhere near me. Let's hang in there together, Sista.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

A HORROR STORY

Maddiva,
          I think that's what it takes for us to see through EVIL AL. When we fall off hard like that after doing so well, I think that's a part of recovering - This is how we're learning. We're not going to wake up one day and be cured of this. It's a process. And good for you for going to the gym!
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

A HORROR STORY

:l Diva. Good to have you back!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

A HORROR STORY

Hay Diva, good on you for picking yourself up & getting back with the program.
              *Witchy*
              Progress, not perfection!!!
              A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

A HORROR STORY

Way to go WOMAN...Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again...you can't fail as long as you don't stop trying.
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

A HORROR STORY

Maddiva - you came back and are doing it again. And you learned a valuable lesson about yourself and about the beast. Glad to see you're back sober and still with us.
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

A HORROR STORY

Maddiva - as they say "what doesn't kill you...makes you stronger"! You sound like you've come back stronger than ever.

Take care
                    AC x x x

Comment

A HORROR STORY

Hi Maddiva,

welcome home, Nx
                      Live your life in such a way that
                      when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
                      Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Working...