Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member, 1st day

"]Hi everyone,
    I just found this site, by chance or destiny. I have been drinking for many years, getting increasing out of control. Drinking till the bottle's all gone, almost every day, many times starting in the morning, blacking out, etc. Yesterday I finally went to a Dr that was recommended for people with drinking problems. We talked about the 4 drugs available and both decided on the naxtrexone. I am encouraged by reading this site and especially the threads about people using this drug. I took the 2nd dose (50 mg this morning. ) I havent set up my profile or anything yet. I figure I should just jump in the pool and fill out stuff when I have time.
    My goal is not really abs, but to be able to be a social drinker. I'm glad to see that this is a possibility. I think it might be easier to actually quit if I don't have to make it my goal.
    You all seem so nice and supportive. I will check in every day.

:new:

New member, 1st day

Welcome, you will find great support to reach your goals here. Jump right in...Read alot...post alot. i look forward to getting to know you.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

New member, 1st day

Welcome Carolelynn,

I wish you the very best on your goals, and I am glad you found this site !:welcome:

kit
      AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
      Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

New member, 1st day

Welcome Carolelynn!

Wow, congrats on mustering the guts to talk to a doctor! And how great you came across this site... please stick around - come take up residence in the Newbie's Nest for a while (there's always room, it's warm and we have George Clooney and Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom serving us hot chocolate!)
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

New member, 1st day

sunshine_gg;521725 wrote: Welcome Carolelynn!

Wow, congrats on mustering the guts to talk to a doctor! And how great you came across this site... please stick around - come take up residence in the Newbie's Nest
          for a while (there's always room, it's warm and we have George Clooney and Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom serving us hot chocolate!)
          WOW...Sunny, can I visit ???
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

New member, 1st day

You betcha! The more the merrier!!!! And Wally is knitting slippers for everyone!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

New member, 1st day

Hi Carolelynn and welcome! Plenty of room in the Newbies Nest :h
              :l
              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

New member, 1st day

Just wanted to say 'WELCOME!'
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

New member, 1st day

Hi!
                  I'm new too and in feel the same as you. Iv'e orered my book/cd, supps and my doc appt not till next week. So far the site is the best thing to happen to me in a long time. MUCHO support and understanding. I'll be hangin around these folk for a while!
                  I am going to be very, very careful, nobody is going to be hurt or disappointed or even inconvenienced

Comment

New member, 1st day

Welcome C
                    I like what you said "I think it might be easier to actually quit if I don't have to make it my goal." I have in the back of my mind that after i have some serious AF time under my belt that I will try modding, its take the pressure away from Abs completley. good on you & good luck, you will find all the help you need here which ever path you take.
                    *Witchy*
                    Progress, not perfection!!!
                    A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

New member, 1st day

Welcome and best of luck. :welcome:
                      Starting over again
                      ray:

Comment

New member, 1st day

Welcome C! Glad you found us and can't wait to get to know you. Keep us posted!
                        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                        :h

Comment

New member, 1st day

Hi Carole,
                          Welcome and you'll be so glad you found this site. Read lots, post lots, and you'll find the support you need.
                          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
                          X