3 WKS AF NOT MISSING WINE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to post for anyone scared of going AF after long-term drinking of a bottle of wine (plus!) per night.

I was reading someone else's post the other day about how it just gets easier the more days you clock up. It's absolutely true. The only time I'm thinking of alcohol is to wonder how I ever let it get such a hold on me.

I went cold turkey, no meds, and am amazed at how great I feel, if somewhat tired at night from all the exercise. But as I've said before, I'm not worrying about going to bed earlier, as I never achieved a single thing at night, when I was hard-out drinking (unless you count truly horrendous hangovers that lasted till 4 pm the next day).

I realised today that it's been a long time since I achieved a goal that was difficult, something that not everyone can do, that I felt really proud of. Perhaps a marathon I ran, years ago. Well this is going to be my next big thing!

If I can do it, anyone can. Good luck, everyone.

That's brilliant Monica.
    You should be proud of yourself.
    Keep it up!

Comment

Very inspirational for those of us starting out and scared about it!
      no time like the present

Comment

Congrats on completing 3 weeks. I am struggling at the moment on Day 20 but I am hanging in there in the hope that tomorrow and everyday after that will be easier.

Comment

Well done!! Like Skinny cow said, very inspirational. I have to start over again today. Have decided though not to be too hard on myself so I'll feel bad and grab for a drink. Just try again. Just try again.

New years resolutions also had something to do with a marathon or at least a half marathon. Haven't done anythin about it, but think I'll jump into action now. Keep mind of other stuff...

Good luck!!
          Nothing makes us so lonely as our secrets - Paul Tournier

Comment

Great job on 3 weeks!!

Twosox

Comment

Congrats Monica!
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
              X