Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Saturday

Marking and running, DG!

OK I guess I'm the first one up! I didn't sleep well last night in this motel.... unusual. Usually I sleep very well on the road (especially if not drinking!) because I don't have the dogs and cats with me. Bed all to myself! But I'm doing fine, ready to get back on the road again. It is 20 degrees (F) here in Tennessee, which is NOT what I had in mind when I got in the car and headed south! Should be MUCH warmer in Florida.

So far I have not felt any strong desires to drink; just a few passing thoughts, and they are easy to banish.

I'll try to check in later today, I guess that now most McDonald's have free wi-fi?

I hope everyone has a great day!

AF Daily Saturday

Morning WIP and everyone to follow...
    Just a quick check in, all is fine here, work this morning and birthday party for a 1 year old this afternoon. Kinda takes care of most of Sat. but I have Monday off..yipee!!
    WIP maybe you didn't sleep well cause you are missing your cats and dogs...too much bed in a strange place.....stay warm and drive safely...
    It's -3 here in CT this a.m. so have the car running........
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.....
    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

AF Daily Saturday

Hi WIP and Charlee and all to follow. It's 4 degrees F here in Ohio! However, there is an absolutely gorgeos sunrise taking place. WIP, I can see why 'slip' is probably the wrong term as it does seem to imply an accident. You are right. It is never accidental. Good job on banishing those passing thoughts!
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

AF Daily Saturday

Hey WIP! Great to see you are "connected" even from the road! Drive safe. Heck 20 degrees sounds like summer to me right now. Send some of that Florida weather northward when you arrive there, K? Sorry you didn't get a good night sleep. I know what you mean about critters in the bed. LOL - 3 of the dogs had me totally penned under the covers last night and I needed to get up and PEE.

I've been up and at 'em for quite awhile already looking at some yoga stuff. I want to get a BEGINNER DVD so I can work a little at home and learn all the poses and terminology and such between classes. I think I've settled on this one - the title is SO appropriate. Yoga For Inflexible People I also need a mat for home and I'm bettin' I will want some blocks once I get this DVD.

Yesterday I got my first pedicure EVER!! I love my happy feet and red toes!

Miss Doodlebug, HUGE congrats on 1 months AF AND YOUR POSITIVE EXPERIENCE WITH IT!!! Bring on those happy posts!!

OK - those who have been reading my posts for over a year can tune out for a moment because this next part is a repeat. As we have discussed a lot here, I believe our "self talk" - the words we use out loud and/or in our thoughts about drinking can have a dramatic impact on our success in recovery. I personally just don't like the term "slip" as it relates to a choice to drink on my part. Maybe it's just my own interpretation of what "slip" means - to me it's a minor and it's accidental. In my own opinion and experience, there is nothing minor or accidental about a choice on my part to drink. Because that term is used SO often to refer to a choice to drink or a relapse from sobriety, I just offer up this food for thought. I have personally removed the term "slip" from my internal and external vocabulary when it comes to booze. What sent me back to booze jail after 60 days of sobriety back when was a conscious choice to drink - not a minor accident. And the consequences were severe IMO - it took me almost 8 months to get firmly back on the wagon again. Nothing minor about that.

OK - I'm off the :soapbox: now!

Well, time for me to get some pups up and out for a morning pee and then get my butt to Curves!

Have a great hangover free morning and an even better AF day everyone!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Saturday

Oops - cross posted. Good day Dill and Charlee!

Sounds like me and WIP were standing on the same :soapbox:

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Saturday

OK - I'm really out in left field this morning. I thought I caught up on yesterdays thread but it was the thread from the 15th. So no wonder I missed the sharing of the :soapbox: with WIP (as usual I'm far more verbose with it though!).

I also missed a couple of other biggies - PLEASE forgive me for not posting about these things FIRST today.

R2C I am sorry to read of your father's issues and very glad that he is feeling a bit better in a later post from yesterday. It makes my heart hurt to think of his sadness as the little things in life start slipping away (i.e. being able to walk without a cane, being pain free, the stuff we don't stop often enough to appreciate). My Dad suffers from a different disease but the hardest part is watching the sadness as he knows in a deeper way each day that his life will never be the same. I hope that your Dad feels better after the facial work and I SURE hope they can find some way to help with his pain.

Cindi - not sure if you will be able to read this as it sounds like you are already gone to rehab. But I am PROUD of you for making the decision that you feel is right for you. We all have to find our way as so many others have wisely said. I will be hoping for you to find YOUR way and sending you positive vibes.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Saturday

Hi Everyone:

DG: Yes, when I drank after a period (long or short) of abs, it was a choice. I too think that slip is the wrong word. It absolves us of responsibility for what we've done. I like the idea of self-talk. I've been meditating & talking to myself throughout the day saying the affirmations I mentioned yesterday. It firmly implants the idea in my head that I do not drink...period, end of story.

Last night we had dinner w/neighbors at their home. There were 6 of us, & there was just very little drinking by the normal drinkers. My husband actually split a beer w/someone. I could only think: "What's the purpose of that?" But, that's what normal drinkers do...they have a little. 2 small bottles of wine for 5 people w/some left in each bottle. It's so good for me to see normal drinkers drink, because I KNOW that I cannot do that...no way. I was perfectly fine w/selzer & ginger ale & came home happily sober.

Tonight we have our dinner club here...it'll be an Asian meal. We do have wine & beer, but I'm fully prepared w/loads of great soft drinks & tea. I've done it before & I'll do it tonight...stay sober. I have myself fully planned. And again, I know what would happen if I took just one sip...the beginning of a binge.

Take care everyone.

Love, Mary

PS: R2C & Cindi: You're in my thoughts as I go through my day. Everything happens as it's supposed to happen.
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

AF Daily Saturday

Morning WIP, charlee, dill, DG, mary and all to come. Cold here too. WIP, don't get too excited about warm. It's 16 here in SC - at least it is clear. No cold H2O in the kitchen. I should've let the faucet drip. Hope the washing machine is OK.

I'm glad yesterday is over. Estranged one is being an arrogant arse and I clearly recall why I drank to excess. It appears we are going to do battle over a settlement. I haven't opened my mouth and he is already ranting over what he considers "fair". Being a lying cheating drug addict didn't contribute much fault in his eyes. I realize I am avoiding it on some level. On one hand it is good to play my cards in a timely fashion, but it will be good to be done with it. I must snug up BGPs. I felt like I deserved a drink yesterday. I really just wanted to escape. I was in the middle of a friend's crisis by accident yesterday and she said she was glad I showed up because she would have drank over it but didn't because I was there to redirect. Perhaps we helped each other.

Hope everyone has a good day.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Saturday

arrogant arse ... i live with one. Today i start on 2 Topas. Lets hope i get through the weekend without pesticide!!

Comment

AF Daily Saturday

Happy Saturday Morning to all!! Firstly, I wanted to personally thank everyone for the well wishes for my daddy...they appeared to have helped! It is too early yet this morning to call the hospital to see if he will be able to go home today, but I certainly don't want him to be released to early.

So big hugs and thanks to Mary, Sausage, LVT, WIP, Dill, Cinders, Stargirl and DG. You can't imagine how much your well wishes mean to me.

I have been sober for over a week now, and feeling absolutely magnificent. But we must never let our guard down, for it is when we are feeling "good" that we think we are "cured", how insane is that?

So I'm looking forward to a sober weekend and getting some things done. I can't tell you how happy I am that the holidays are finally over. That had to be the most stressful 2 wks I can remember in a long time. And that was only because AL would not leave me alone. But he is finally getting the hint.

Have a great day everyone...gonna be close to 80 here again today...man it's been hot!! (Sorry to all in the NE).

R2C
                    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                    :h

Comment

AF Daily Saturday

Day 17 for me. Went to a poker party last night. I just drank water (whew). It was still fun and I feel great this morning. I am off to work out now.

Good luck to all.

Mo.

Comment

AF Daily Saturday

r2c: No "cure" for me. I don't want to think that way, lest I let my guard down. I've let that be my motivation to drink in the past. No, no, no complacency. Minus 3 degrees here in MA...awful, even for us hardy types. Mary
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

AF Daily Saturday

Mohun;522566 wrote: Day 17 for me. Went to a poker party last night. I just drank water (whew). It was still fun and I feel great this morning. I am off to work out now.

Good luck to all.

Mo.
                          MOE .. that is great!!! working out!!! and 17 days my dear. If i make it past tonite.. i will have finally got to 7 again. This will be my first weekend free in a long time.

Rippled.. :l

Comment

AF Daily Saturday

Super Saturday ABorigineees far and wide!

so busy yesterday I didn't even have time to take my coat off in here. sheesh. lets see now....

AWIP, Wifi at McDonalds? I think that's a sign that the end is nigh and the 7th seal has been broken! ahahahaha! sorry, coffee not fully kicked in yet.

so glad to hear these success stories of the AF lifestyle. Does my garlic flavoured heart good.

I agree, a slip would be something that occurs on black ice. buying, opening and inserting a toxic liquid alkaloid into your body is certainly hard to pass off as a slip.

sorry to hear so many freezing cold today, it's going to be in the low 50's here today . hoooray! the sun is already out and it's deloverly.

I'm off to the gym to start my healthy day

be well everyone!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Saturday

Good morning to everyone!

It is a balmy 31 degrees here. I'm feeling very good about my 37 days AF.

I do believe we make the choice to drink, and I have used the I feel cured as an excuse.

I have to be careful when it comes to my estranged one, he could drive anyone to drink,
                              I do believe in triggers that we have to identify, and avoid.

It is overcast here I prefer a little sun every now and then. It put me in a better mood!

Wishing everyone a great sober Saturday!!

kit
                              AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
                              Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Working...
                              X