Let's Join Hands and Kick this Bastard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kia Ora (Good New Zealand Word for Hello)

We are all struggling with this bastard - Alcohol.

Lets do something worthwhile. While I am not a religious person, I DO believe in the power of prayer.

Who will join me at 6 p.m (Australia time) on Monday the 2nd of Feb for a A/F night and a prayer.

I believe we can alter the consciousness of an entire group of people by banding together in prayer for the common good. Prayer may not be your thing, but communing with the Universe, speaking with your higher power etc, etc will do the trick.

Who's in??

Please add your name (alias) below:

Muppett

Hi Muppet

I don't pray, but I would be happy to spend some time in quiet just thinking about us and others who struggle like us with the same issues. Can you tell me what time 6pm Aussie time would be in the UK - I suppose I could find that our for myself, actually - lazy wee devil that I am!!
    J

Comment

yeh include my name, i think it is a good idea

Comment

Count me in!! I will just have to have you help me with the time factor. I pray twice a day, everyday. I do believe in the Power of Prayer. When my son was born, he was in the Intensive Care unit, and we did not know if he would survive. My Ex-husband's Aunt started a prayer chain for him, and today he is a healthy 22 year old man. I Do believe and I am in.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I pray every night for my sobriety and thank God for my accomplishments- and ask for forgivness for my failures
          DLW
          Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
          And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
            Today is a Mystery
            Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

I'm bringing this back to the top. ONLY 5 TAKERS??????

Come on guys...........................

Comment

takes time muppet ,later you might have a thousand signatures,its 5am here,hahahha,canada,one of the finest qualities ,ive been told is patience, small steps, then try the larger ones later,hopefully theyll be a reminder every day up to feb,2,then as you would like to see,thechain of suffers will come,im in,thnax mup ,gyco

Comment

I am in Muppet!

6pm Australia time will be 7am in the UK, and 8am here in Spain.

For anyone who isn't sure here is a worlld clock converter-
                The World Clock – Time Zone Converter

I put Australia, Sydney in as the starting time- hope that is correct?

I hope a lot of people join in with this- I believe group consciousness can make miracles happen!

Comment

I am in

Lord knows I need prayers!
                  But 6 PM your time is 2 AM here.....maybe I will adjust

Comment

UpNorthGirl,

I guess if you say your prayer before you go to sleep that night, it will still be working when the rest of us begin a few hours later, then when you wake up in the morning you will remain AF for that day?

Comment

I'd love to be in on this. I'll have to check my time as well.
                      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Oh! That's 3 a.m. my time. But I'll say a prayer before I hit the sack to get you guys going strong.
                        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Count me in too. What a great idea!

Comment

I'm in!!

It will be 9am for me.
                            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

It will be 2am for me but you never know. I may be up. Thanks for the time convertor. That was cool. Great to see you Dee. I miss you.
                              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
                              X