Day One AGAIN!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day One AGAIN!!!

Day one for me again same old same old. BAH! But strangely, i am feeling somewhat hopeful. I haven't had a good run of al free days for like a zillion years. I do excersize alot which seems crazy because of what i do to my body every night with the wine! However, I did start taking the topa a couple days ago, and I really feel if I could get a good run of al free days under my belt, i know it would get easier.

My problem, as i am sure many people can relate, is boredom and stress. And then what the hell am i supposed to do with all the free time of not being wasted??? Seems like THAT would be a good problem to have for a change.

Wish me luck for today anyway. Tomorrow and Tuesday the hubby is out of town, and that will be the real challenge.
    no time like the present

Day One AGAIN!!!

Im back on day 1 myself Skinny, lets do this! ok?

Comment

Day One AGAIN!!!

Here's to a great start to you skinny and limers! Boredom and stress make for an interesting combination, don't they? Boredom's the lynch pin for me. I'm at my weakest relative to AL when I'm bored. When I'm bored, I just don't feel like doing anything -- which has got to change! For today, I'm snowed in...will work out with my as yet unopened medicine ball and deal with piles of laundry. Exciting stuff I know, but better than tangling with AL...
      ~K.

Comment

Day One AGAIN!!!

thanks for that, and yes limers, lets do this!

I'm just so sick of the whole scene at this point. alcohol adds absolutely NOTHING to my life, it just takes takes takes - my money, my health, my sanity, my relationships. And yet its like a total madness at six o'clock when the wave hits me and my brain literally switches off so I am able to either begin to drink, or go buy the drink.

I used to be a big reader, but I can't remember the last time i finished a book. THAT would be a bit more productive than getting drunk. I tend to get really drunk very very fast. I don't prolong the night. It's just such a temporary releif and such a bastard.:upset:
        no time like the present

Comment

Day One AGAIN!!!

I am with you guys. I know exactly why I did it again after 70+ days AF; lonliness and boredom; both of which are self-imposed. It is a blessing to at least be able to recognize what sets us off, so that we know the areas to work on. Let's hang tough together. Day 4 for me.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Day One AGAIN!!!

But I admire that you got 70 days under your belt. That is a really great acheivement and means that you can do it.

why do we get bored? so much to do!
            no time like the present

Comment

Day One AGAIN!!!

but it is boring looking after kids and its very confining..I love the kids but lots the same ole same ole week in week out!But im determined to do this, I want to excercise more and read more and stop been a drunkun mum every bloody weekend.
              Lets check in every day and keep on top of each other.

Comment

Day One AGAIN!!!

I'm for that. Yeah, the tedium of the housework and kids. but really i suppose, you can use any excuse. before i had kids i worked in a stressful job and THAT was the reason to drink!

But i am also determined. I know there is a better life out there to be had
                no time like the present

Comment

Day One AGAIN!!!

Hey skinny
                  I feel your pain. I'm on Day 9 and feeling somewhat better with the help of some meds. But, I couldn't believe the amounts of "excess hours" in my day when I got sober. I didn't know what to do with myself. I'm actually reading 3 books right now and trying to keep my brain completely occupied. I'm also taking some melatonin for good sleep. But, you are right. When you get a few days under your belt you begin to just feel better. You can do it!! We're all here for you! :h
                  "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

~Red :h

Comment

Day One AGAIN!!!

I'm going to take up knitting

I'm totally afraid to fail again. You get to a place where you think 'this is it, no more', and then you go to bed, a day passes, maybe to, and BAM. I at least am starting to see the triggers;

kids screaming
                    six o'clock
                    friday
                    hubby drinking
                    take away or yummy dinner
                    going out to eat
                    friend round
                    feeling low

So, i will just HAVE to be vigilant!

thanks for the support red
                    no time like the present

Comment

Day One AGAIN!!!

Skinny cow, do you like to exercise? Joining a gym has been a huge blessing for me. In fact, I think its the only thing that has saved me, due to all my bad and unhealthy habits. Just a thought for you?
                      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Day One AGAIN!!!

Ironically, this year as my drinking has come to a head, I have also gone back to the gym in the last six months and have lost 20 pounds. If i didn't drink i'd probably look like friggin kate moss:nutso:

I think you are right; it has kept me motivated to keep coming to this site and thinking about my sobriety because i am generally thinking about my health.

thank you for your suggestion.
                        no time like the present

Comment

Day One AGAIN!!!

Oh glad you got my post. I had deleted it because I read that you did exercise alot after I wrote it. Yes, the gym is a great place to blow off some steam! Thank goodness. If I didnt work out, I would be a huge fat pile of blubber. Thank God for a few good habits I have!
                          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Day One AGAIN!!!

I'm back to day one too. Seems I'm back the number 1 a little too often these days and I consumed far too much on a 3 day binge. I hate drinking like that. I've got to start putting together some positive plans to get my arse back in gear.
                            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Day One AGAIN!!!

When I fell off the wagon over christmas it motivated me not to drink again. I had the worst hangover then, and maybe it was because I had done 10 day AF. In all my years of drinking I never experienced such pain. That is probably my greatest motivation for not drinking. I now recognise all the triggers and mine are the same as yours SC. This weekend the triggers were bad, normally I would have drank myself happier, instead I stayed sober and miserable. But now I am glad because I am still on track, have realised that triggers don't need to be acted on, I am also keeping track of how much money I have saved. After 21 days it is all adding up. Ashamed to say that after a year it will add up to the same cost as my children's private school fees, and that is 2 kids. And I had to think long and hard about sending them to a private school, but I never thought twice about buying AL.

SC, you will have 2 choices, you can emerge stronger or else return to your old ways. And we all know that none of us want to go back to where we were.

Comment

Working...
                              X