Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karmalita

Hello

My name is Karmalita and this is my first time joining any kind of online group so I am not very familiar with the proper process of doing things. I did submit a post earlier, but I have not a clue of where it posted at. I read variety of responses, comments and stories from many individuals and I found them to be quite encouraging and uplifting. I have been drinking for the past 25 years and have been trying to give alcohol up as well as cigarettes for quite some times, but with little success. My main drink is natural light beer 4.5% alcohol, but in the last 2 to 3 years I have added on having 2 to 3 shots of vodka along with it. I drink about 5 days a week normally when I get off work until I go to bed. I just started taking Kuduz today for my withdrawal cravings, but will is also help with insomnia?
    Insomnia is one reason I find it hard to stop drinking. Your response will be appreciated.

Karmalita

Hello Karmalita, and a big welcome to you!
    You've found a great, positive,informative,supportive bunch of people here. I don't have trouble sleeping, but there are many other's here who do, and have/are, tried/trying various ways to help sleep. Stick around, and i'm sure you will recieve some constructive, thoughtful responses to your question. Take care,.............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Karmalita

:welcome: The Kudzu and L glute work well for AL cravings. I get the L glute in bulk. Melatonin or Valerian root can help with sleeping when you first begin. *I* used Chantrix
      to kick tobacco and had no problems with it.

When you realize that you are not alone in your quest it seems to get easier to get where you want to go.

Comment

Karmalita

Beware of 'chantix' or 'chantrix'. For some people it's been known to create suicidal tendencies, so do your research first................G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Karmalita

Hello and Welcome Karmalita
          I use Calms Forte for anxiety and sleep problems. I tried to give up both beasts at once, AL and cigs, but was not a good idea for me. I am battling the AL only for right now. I am on Lexapro and had a very bad reaction to Chantix. There is a Holistic thread on here that may help guide you with the supps. Why not join us on the One Day at a Time thread-ODAT, the newbies nest thread, and/or the Army thread. All great places for support.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Karmalita

WELCOME Karmalita!!
            Have you read the book "My Way Out" yet? I found it hugely inspirational and it helped me get my plan together.
            For me, a good night sleep came with time and lots of AF days under my belt -- it will get better:-)
            Wishing you all the best on your journey.
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Karmalita

Karmalita -
              Welcome !! Natural light was my beer as well. The Calmes Forte helped me with the anxiety which in turn helped with sleep. I took the CF while I was waiting for all the other supps. I'm now taking all the supps and am feeling good. Read the book, and post and read, read and post. So far, I'm 26 days AF but not without a real, real challenge. Without the support from everyone on MWO I would have not made it this far. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Comment

Karmalita

Welcome, Karmalita- Sleep will come, my friend. When alcohol is cleaned out of your system,the better everything is!
                Sleep, clarity, relationships, integrity, self esteem,skin, hair- I can't think of one quality life that would
                not be transformed by the elimination of alcohol.
                You have come to a great place of love, understanding and help.
                Blessings to you on this journey.
                Toughen up!

Comment

Karmalita

Hi Karmalita, I was new here too just about 15 days ago - funny how quickly you get the hang of it.

I just want to wish you good luck and also say that I am not a great sleeper, I get to sleep fine but when I am drinking I am awake any time from 3am. I actually found that when I am not drinking or only have two drinks I sleep brilliantly and I'd been using alcohol to help me sleep and in fact it does the opposite. I do take a Valerian at night, not sure it helps but I think it does.

Take care.
                  AC x x

Comment

Karmalita

Hi Karmalita,
                    Look through the forums to get an idea of the different information you can get from each one. You might find yourself more comfortable with one particular forum depending upon your goals - whether it be modding or abstaining from alcohol. Besides that, there's a load of info. on natural supplements, especially ones that help to bring on sleep a little easier. There's so much to learn here!
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
                    X