Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Tuesday

Hi all ODAT'rs

Sorry so many of you had a hard time over the week-end. I read yesterday that 19th January is the most depressing day of the year!! Post Christmas blues, debt etc. Anyway onwards and upwards.

Had hubby's 50th party at the week-end and it went very well. I did have champagne with the toast but was too busy looking after everyone to continue drinking and went back AF Sun and yesterday. I get so annoyed when I break long AF stretches like that but I guess the important thing is to go back to AF and not continue drinking which I would have done pre-MWO. Taking it ODAT.

Rustop

ODAT - Tuesday

ODATERS!!!

Hi rustop, funny I was thinking of you and the party and here you are! I think that was well done on your part! Got your big girl pants on!

I started the week with an unplanned root canal. Has to go uphill from that, right? It was a relief actually. I was in some serious pain. I see a lot of soup in this week's menus.

Carry on and be strong!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Hi Rustop, greeny and all to come.

I too greeny had an unexpected run to the dentist last week - bit into a piece of candy and my tooth completely exploded - pain in the arse.......so i have to go back this week to get a crown put on. Thank god I have insurance!

Rusty - good work at the party. I don't know that I would count having a couple champagne toasts as breaking your AF stretches.

I was AF and NF last night and feel better for it today. I took a sleeping pill so that I could have a restful night and I slept okay so I'm looking forward to making today another AF/NF day and go on another stretch.

Hope everyone else has a great day!

Love and hugs,
      Uni
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Howzit Odaters.

Very stressfull day at work and not really feeling on top of it. Boss been chasing me up and down as well as she seems to be having a really bad day as well.

QUite the kind of day that one would say at the end of it. Well now I deserve that drink. But.... well gonna keep strong. gonna bite the bullet.

Thank goodness only another hour and a half or so to go. Can't wait to get home and relax with wifey.

Hope you are all having a great day.
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Happy Inauguration Day!!!
          I see it as a day of renewed Hope. Day 6 for me. I am doing ok. Was asked out on a date for tonight; big trigger for me, so may just shrivel up and die alone.lol. I must beat my last record of 70 days. ODAT. Hope everyone has a great day.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Morning gang!

Not feeling much like yapping - lost it big time yesterday. So much so, that I really don't remember anything from 4pm on. I pretended to still be asleep when Mr. Wonderful got up; I just couldn't face him this morning.

The only positive thing that came out of it is clarity. It's pretty obvious now that I can NOT drink. Period. No more kidding myself.

Sorry for being such a downer - will check back later.
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Sunshine - sorry that you had such a bad night. Yesterday when you posted you had said you knew you could go either way. Maybe next time you have a day like that stop and grab some AF wine or beer to get you past the craving? (not that I should talk as I had been struggling for a couple weeks before last night). I know it's easier said than done - but look on the bright side! You did make it 7 days before that! That's a great accomplishment.

This time I'll move over - lots of room on this wagon - come on up, I'll give you a hug!
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Good morning all,

I caved in on Saturday, disappointed, but I'm back up and I'm not going to let it keep me down. Day 3 today and I'm hoping to beat my past record of 33 days, then on and on and on. I believe I figured out my trigger and I am going to make sure I have plenty of chocolate ice cream next time I do spring cleaning. Don't know what it is, but something about spring cleaning that gets me.

Have a Great AF Day!!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Hi Gang!

Another day 3 for me too - but today is 16Af/20 for January - very nice. My trigger is exercise which I am starting to overcome. But simply being friday night is a trigger for me, so I too will be armed with sweets - cheese cake to be exact. Not sure how that will help my weight loss goals, but it should keep me away from wine!!! And I have been advised that the cheesecake from this little arty cafe is the best in town, and I haven't tried it yet!!

Sunshine - don't feel too badly - today is a new day, look forward, not backward - tally forth!!!

I also have a tooth problem and am dreading that I may need a root canal!! I can't stand anything on that molar - not even cold air outside - and it is making me crazy, but I don't have time to go to the dentist right at this time - can't miss any work. Although they do have some evening appointments........

Back to work with me!
                  Have a terrific tuesday!
                  xoxo peanut

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Hi ODATer friends! It's day one for me, but I'm going to make it! And I'm not going to give up, ever. I keep learning.
                    Sunshine, I'm sorry you disappointed yourself. I know the feeling all too well! Just brush yourself off and get back in the battle! I can remember most of last evening except I am unable to recal the TV show I was watching: 24. Fortunately you can watch full episodes on line, so I watched it this morning before work.
                    Pnut, sorry you're having teeth problems. I was in the dentist chair getting a broken tooth fixed last week. I am so grateful that dentists can fix these painful things!
                    2 sox, good job on getting back up and running!
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                    X